Sore Ligs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore Ligs??

Hi, I started up hanging again about 2 weeks ago and am wondering if I overdid it. After hanging 10 lbs I couldn't walk very well later in the day. My whole front was sore around the base of my penis as well as my inner thighs. Previously I was using about 7 1/2 lbs with no problems. I tried 10 for my 2nd set and ran out of time. There was no pain or anything while hanging, all went well. It was later on that the soreness started. I could hardly walk at bedtime and had a hard time turning over in bed. Today I'm still a little gimpy but not as bad. What did I do wrong and has anyone else ever had this happen?

Re: Sore Ligs??

Homer,

>Hi, I started up hanging again about 2 weeks ago and am wondering if I overdid it. After hanging 10 lbs I couldn't walk very well later in the day. My whole front was sore around the base of my penis as well as my inner thighs. Previously I was using about 7 1/2 lbs with no problems. I tried 10 for my 2nd set and ran out of time. There was no pain or anything while hanging, all went well. It was later on that the soreness started. I could hardly walk at bedtime and had a hard time turning over in bed. Today I'm still a little gimpy but not as bad. What did I do wrong and has anyone else ever had this happen?<

Two things: First you took time off, and tried to start back at too high a weight, then you arbitrarily jumped from 7.5 to ten lbs.

You should have started back low, and moved up slow. At most you should have started back at five lbs, and then judged how that went. If no problems, you could have moved up a bit. Effectively, you took off a while, then hit your tissues, soft and collagenous, with ten lbs. You might also have seen some discoloration?

Now, you need to drop back to five, and work up slowly. Let the sore places heal a bit, but do not stop hanging. A couple of sets a day at five lbs, till you heal, then begin to move up slowly, 1-2 lbs per set per week, till you are able to reach fatigue within the first set or two of a session. Then reduce the weight as needed to remain comfortable.

Bigger

Comment

Homer,

BTW, yes, I have overdone it also, and had a hard time walking, etc. Learned the hard way. No substitute for starting low and moving up slowly after a break.

Bigger

Comment

Wow, Thanks Bib thats a real ease on my mind. I figured that was all it was since it started shortly after. I still woke up with morning wood too Thanks again!!!

Comment

Bib, again many thanks. I was wondering... Since I'm so friggin sore is this any indication that my pulling angle is ok? I did start out at 5 lbs, then added 2 1/2 more shortly after. I guess I was just a little too anxious, huh? But again I'm curious about my angle. Thanks

Comment

Homer,

>Bib, again many thanks. I was wondering... Since I'm so friggin sore is this any indication that my pulling angle is ok?<

Well, BTC is ok, and that is about a severe an angle as possible. I do not know what might be wrong with a pulling angle. Or am I misunderstanding?

>I did start out at 5 lbs, then added 2 1/2 more shortly after. I guess I was just a little too anxious, huh?<

Well, that should have been five lbs, and a week later, 6-7 lbs. Not fifteen minutes.

>But again I'm curious about my angle.<

Let me know exactly what you mean.

Bigger

Comment

>Well, that should have been five lbs, and a week later, 6-7 lbs. Not fifteen minutes.

LOL thank you!

Well I was just wondering if the soreness (forgetting about the too high weight) was any kind of indicator that my angle was good or bad? IOW I'm getting a good grip and all but does it indicate that I'm stretching at a good productive angle (am I getting at the right stuff)? My LOT is around 9:00 to 9:30 and I was pulling about the same.

Comment

Maybe I should say the location of the soreness.

PS What is BTC? :roll: ops:

Comment

Homer,

>Well I was just wondering if the soreness (forgetting about the too high weight) was any kind of indicator that my angle was good or bad? IOW I'm getting a good grip and all but does it indicate that I'm stretching at a good productive angle (am I getting at the right stuff)? My LOT is around 9:00 to 9:30 and I was pulling about the same.<

If your LOT is that high, then you should be hanging at the lower angles, heading toward BTC. But you should also do the palpation test, and the mirror test.

When you totally fatigue at BTC, cannot hang there another set for that session, you can use SO, straight out, as your secondary angle.

>PS What is BTC?<

Between the Cheeks. It is the lowest of hanging angles. You did not read up on this much before starting, right?

Knowledge is the key to gains, not a certain hanger or any other device.

Bigger

Comment

Hi again Bib. Well I did read up on as much as I could find at Thunders Place. I managed to get the wrapping part down and have actually made a few hangers and so on. But to tell the truth I NEVER did quite understand the LOT article very well. From there I just kinda winged it. The info I have read here so far is much easier to understand and the new (to me anyway) stuff about the mirror and palpation tests are great. I also have found it easier to understand the theory behind stretching too. At Thunders' I had to go all over to find info then try to make sense of it all. Thanks for this great forum and all the information and making it easy and to understand.
                    Sincerely Homer

Comment

Homer,

Thanks very much for the kind words. I would hope the information on hanging at Thunder's is fairly good, since I wrote a few thousand posts over there. I suppose perhaps I have become more succinct over the years, and maybe learned a bit more.

Anyway, the above post on reading was a jest, and any question you care to ask is welcome.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                      X