Can Joint supplements hinder gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Joint supplements hinder gains?

I do strength training and had been using glucosamine + chondroitin, MSM and Cissus Quadranguralis for joints. Some of these claim to strengthen ligaments, tendons and collagen tissue. I wonder can it be interfering with hanging gains where we want to stretch ligs and collagen?
    ​​​​​​

HeavyDuty,

>I do strength training and had been using glucosamine + chondroitin, MSM and Cissus Quadranguralis for joints. Some of these claim to strengthen ligaments, tendons and collagen tissue. I wonder can it be interfering with hanging gains where we want to stretch ligs and collagen?<

Any time stress is applied to collagenous tissue, it will promote strengthening. Whether weight training, running, or PE. This is the main reason that guys must increase weight over time, as they deform the ligs and tunica, it heals, and hopefully, they gain.

There are three things needed to repair collagenous tissues...energy, protein, and Vit C. You want to take the RDA of Vit C, and do not skimp on protein. But if you need to cut weight, doing it while hanging is great. So limit carbs and some fat.

I have not read the research studies on the joint supplements in a while. The last time I looked, years ago,I did not see any significant positive effects. I surely am not up enough on current research to advise you whether to take it or not. I can tell you that they will NOT help with gains. The only effect, if indeed they are effective, is to help you heal faster, which would be a detriment to PE.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
    X