Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything wrong with dropping weight every set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything wrong with dropping weight every set?

Guys,

Lately I've been having to drop a pound or so per set due to fatigue hanging BTC, especially if I do six sets in a row. My sets have looked something like this (in pounds):

12.5, 11.25, 10, 8.75, 8.75, & 5. Sometimes it goes: 12.5, 10, 10, 7.5, 5, 5, depending on the fatigue. Anything wrong with this type of progression? Usually when I get to five pounds I have enough fatigue that I'm clock-watching around the fifteen to eighteen minute mark of my twenty minute set.

Thanks,

BD

Bizzledizzle,

That looks absolutely good and normal. But it can surely change. There may be days where you do not have to drop much at all. Some where you drop faster.

Just continue to go by fatigue. Let your body tell you what to do. Make sure it is target tissue fatigue.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks Bib, and yes I'm judging fatigue by aching/burning in the ligs.

BD

Comment

Good morning Bib,

Yesterday I wasn't reaching fatigue very easily after having used a new max weight of 14.5 lbs BTC for a week. The lowest I dropped the weight yesterday was twelve lbs. and used twelve for the 4th, 5th, and 6th set. I decided to increase to 15.75 this a.m. and still didn't really reach the fatigue that I'm used to until near the end of the third set. I have not taken a day off in over a month and the only reason I did that was because I went out of town. Have you seen a resistance to fatigue like this before? I usually have to drop weight every set. Just curious.

Thanks,

Bizzledizzle.

Comment

Bizzledizzle,

>Yesterday I wasn't reaching fatigue very easily after having used a new max weight of 14.5 lbs BTC for a week. The lowest I dropped the weight yesterday was twelve lbs. and used twelve for the 4th, 5th, and 6th set. I decided to increase to 15.75 this a.m. and still didn't really reach the fatigue that I'm used to until near the end of the third set. I have not taken a day off in over a month and the only reason I did that was because I went out of town. Have you seen a resistance to fatigue like this before? I usually have to drop weight every set. Just curious.<

Absolutely. I had times where some limiting factor(s) would break through, and hanging would be easy. I could move up fairly well. Then, the next limiting factors would get sore, and I would have to start dropping weight again.

There should be no schedule for when you have to raise or lower weight. Just continue to go by fatigue.

Bigger

Comment

Excellent. Thank you sir.

-BD

Comment

Good news: I measured this a.m. and have gained 3/8 of an inch in BPEL at the three month mark! Hanging 10-14 hrs/week BTC. Unbelievable. Very pleased with your product and tutelage Bib.

I do have another question. It seems no matter the wrap, or the hanger configuration, tightness, etc. I'm having a continuous struggle with fluid/water-blister-like spots on the top of the shaft between the wrap and the coronal ridge in the foreskin region (I am cut) whether the wrap is loose or snug. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Comment

Bizzledizzle,

>Good news: I measured this a.m. and have gained 3/8 of an inch in BPEL at the three month mark! Hanging 10-14 hrs/week BTC. Unbelievable. Very pleased with your product and tutelage Bib.<

That is great. Congratulations. This is why I do this. Thank you for the kind words.

>I do have another question. It seems no matter the wrap, or the hanger configuration, tightness, etc. I'm having a continuous struggle with fluid/water-blister-like spots on the top of the shaft between the wrap and the coronal ridge in the foreskin region (I am cut) whether the wrap is loose or snug. Any suggestions?<

There are several things to look at:

The issue here is high internal blood pressure. For whatever reason, high internal blood pressure is pushing fluid into the interstitial spaces of the skin.

Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those.

If I had to guess, I would say most of the problems like this are more related to soft tissue conditioning than anything else. Certainly there can be technique issues. But it does take time for the soft tissues to adapt to the stresses. I am not sure of your situation right now, but it may be that you need to drop back a bit in weight, and allow your soft tissues to catch up.

Bigger

Comment

Okay, I'll do some tweaking. Thanks again Bib.

Comment

Good morning Bib. I seem to have improved the fluid build-up by more vigorously removing blood from the head and upper shaft as well as moving my attachment point forward. Is there anything wrong with the attachment point being a half-inch behind the coronal ridge as long as the internals are grasped? That seems to be my sweet spot.

If I attach 1 to 1.5 inches back, the hanger wants to roll over the internals to get to this point anyway (which is painful if I have tightened very much) no more no matter how tight I get it. This bunches up the foreskin somewhat and I think contributes to the problem. I don't want to cause any dorsal nerve damage or anything though. And I am measuring attachment point from where the inside of the hanger actually grasps the shaft at the point closest to the head.

Thank you for your time,

BD

Comment

Bizzledizzle,

>Good morning Bib. I seem to have improved the fluid build-up by more vigorously removing blood from the head and upper shaft as well as moving my attachment point forward. Is there anything wrong with the attachment point being a half-inch behind the coronal ridge as long as the internals are grasped? That seems to be my sweet spot.<

As long as there is at least a quarter inch gap between head and hanger while hanging, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft, you are fine. An attachment only a half inch back from the coronal ridge means that your attachment needs to be very solid, from the start.

>If I attach 1 to 1.5 inches back, the hanger wants to roll over the internals to get to this point anyway (which is painful if I have tightened very much) no more no matter how tight I get it.<

OK, very good description. That is a lig/tunica fascia. For many guys, the hanger cannot hold on these fascia, when you try to attach behind them. For me, I learned to put the fascia, knot, in the middle of the hanger. Then, I would form the shoulders in front of that fascia.

Some guys like to avoid the fascia altogether, attaching totally in front of the fascia. But that CAN lead to the hanger being too close to the head.

Of course, for every guy, the distance from the coronal ridge will vary. So you need to treat the fascia by feel, pulse pushing during the tightening process, finding where the fascia is, then tightening down where it is most comfortable.

Bigger

Comment

Will do. Thanks Big.

-BD

Comment

Good morning Bib,

Just wanted to check in and let you know I solved the water-blister problem I was having on the top of the shaft between the hanger and the glans. I wanted to share in case anyone else ever had a similar issue.

The seat of my home office chair is quite thick. I hang exclusively BTC and I realized when scooting my butt down, the skids have been resting on the front part of the seat to some extent. I think this caused a stronger forward pull of the top half of the hanger in relation to the bottom. There wasn't a circumferential pull on the hanger if that makes any sense. It was almost acting like a fulcrum. To solve, I scooted even further down in the seat so the hanger doesn't touch the chair at all. I haven't had an inkling of fluid/blistering since. The other great thing about it, I was able to drop my max weight from 15.75 to 12 and achieve fatigue in the first set.

Thanks Big, hope this can help someone else.

-BD

Comment

Bizzledizzle,

That is great. I am glad you figured that out.

One tip for you or anyone else, I always hung with a mirror in the chair that I put my feet. That way, I could keep up with everything at a glance.

Bigger

Comment

That's a great idea, thanks.

-BD

Comment

Working...
                              X