Numbess at ligs area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbess at ligs area?

I have a lot of background in PEing. To keep it short and sweet I've been at it since 1998 on and off. I have hung "noose" style for year's and have taken this style of hanging as far as I can go with it. Too many injuries in my opinion.

So this year I finally decided to commit myself to the bib hanger and teachings. I am a pupil to this style of hanging and I am constantly looking to learn more. I have had the hanger for year's and never really used it because it was so uncomfortable and even painful to hang in. But after educating myself in these forms, I have learned to wrap myself properly and also how to apply the hanger comfortably.

Having said all that, this now brings me to my point. I have set a goal to complete 360 consecutive hours of bib style hanging. I did my 1st 60 hour's SD. I did the next 60 hour's SU. I am now 5 hours into my next 60 hour's. I have decided to do a combination of hanging SU & SD (with an emphasis on SD). My current weight is between 10-12 lbs, I am not rushing anything on the weight end.

So after A few times of hanging SD, the day before yesterday I experienced a sense or sensation (or lack of) numbness specifically in my ligs and the surrounding fat pad area. When I touch my ligs, it is numb & poofy, like if it is inflamed. Anyway, I was looking for some clarity as to what is going on, it's been almost 2 days and I still feel kind of weird in my ligs/ fat pad area. Good or Bad? I have continued to hang, mainly SU. But when I do attempt SD, I have been dropping down on weight.

It is my opinion that when I hang SD in this hanger, it is more challenging than when I hang SU. Now on the flip side of things, all those years of hanging "noose" style, it was more challenging to hang SU and I always preferred hanging SD.

I would really like to hear Bib's take on my scenario, as I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the guy. But if anyone else has experienced the same please feel free to leave your take on things. All wisdom is appreciated here. Thanks
    Last edited by noble one; 05-31-2017, 03:00 AM.

noble one,

I have no idea what you mean by "I have set a goal to complete 360 consecutive hours of bib style hanging". Nothing that you describe seems to be anything like what I recommend.

>So after A few times of hanging SD, the day before yesterday I experienced a sense or sensation (or lack of) numbness specifically in my ligs and the surrounding fat pad area. When I touch my ligs, it is numb & poofy, like if it is inflamed. Anyway, I was looking for some clarity as to what is going on, it's been almost 2 days and I still feel kind of weird in my ligs/ fat pad area. Good or Bad? I have continued to hang, mainly SU. But when I do attempt SD, I have been dropping down on weight.<

Well, when you deform the ligs, they will surely swell, and become inflammed. That is the result of deformation, and deformation is the goal in order to make gains.

But I have no idea what you are doing. It could be that you moved up too quickly in stress. Did you start out at ten lbs?

Then, why are you switching angles as you are? Do you have potential for gains from lig stretch? If so, why are you not concentrating on the ligs?

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
      noble one,

>I have no idea what you mean by "I have set a goal to complete 360 consecutive hours of bib style hanging". Nothing that you describe seems to be anything like what I recommend.<

Thanks for getting back at me Bib. I apologize about being so brief with my previous post. When I say Bib style hanging I am simply referring to using your hanger as opposed to the noose hanger. 360 hours is how many hours I want to hang using your hanger, without taking any time off. Do you think hanging for 360 hours is a bad idea?

>Well, when you deform the ligs, they will surely swell, and become inflammed. That is the result of deformation, and deformation is the goal in order to make gains.<

It's Ironic that you mention deformation of the ligs because I was kinda thinking the same thing, but I have been in limbo or skeptical about real gains being made this time around. I have kinda seen a gain but I am not 100%. I guess I just wanted a 2nd or expert opinion. I am not in any serious pain or anything like that. And actually I now have complete feeling back in the area.

>But I have no idea what you are doing. It could be that you moved up too quickly in stress. Did you start out at ten lbs?<

Perhaps the 60 hours I did hanging SU is what brought all of this on. Maybe the ligs became unconditioned while I was hanging SU.

I started out with 5 lbs which is a weight I felt was that I shouldn't have bothered with, but I wanted to start small. Needless to say that I didn't stay there long and within a period of 60 hours, I moved up to 10lbs and stayed maxed out at 10lbs hanging SD. The next 60 hours I switched my angel to SU. I started at 10lbs and mid way through, up it to 12lbs & I have been maxing out at 12 ever since. I do ride the fatigue once I begin to feel the fatigue coming on.

>Then, why are you switching angles as you are? Do you have potential for gains from lig stretch? If so, why are you not concentrating on the ligs?<

I made gains hanging with the noose and they were all SD. As of a result I can feel with my fingers that my ligs have been stretched and I am sure there is potential for more gains in this area. I just feel that when it comes to me hanging SD, that I am a "difficult gainer". My ligs and tunica are tough as heck. After reading up on the LOT theory, it kind of steered my thinking towards including higher angles into my regiment. My LOT is 7-6 o'clock/ Mirror medium-low/ PAP 2-3". My tug back is strongest at 11-12 o'clock.

Having said all of that, do you think that I may have jumped into the higher angles, too soon? And if so, should I finish out my 360 hour goal hanging SD?
      Thanks Noble One

Comment

Noble One,

>360 hours is how many hours I want to hang using your hanger, without taking any time off. Do you think hanging for 360 hours is a bad idea?<

I think it is an arbitrary number, that has no basis in reason. You need to try and hang at least ten hours each week, while in fatigue. Hang every day. If you can hang more than ten hours each week, that is great. Then, you hang until you reach your goals.

>Well, when you deform the ligs, they will surely swell, and become inflammed. That is the result of deformation, and deformation is the goal in order to make gains.<

>Perhaps the 60 hours I did hanging SU is what brought all of this on. Maybe the ligs became unconditioned while I was hanging SU.<

I think you mean the ligs had a chance to heal, and become stronger, while you were hanging SU. Conditioning would not be the problem.

>I started out with 5 lbs which is a weight I felt was that I shouldn't have bothered with, but I wanted to start small. Needless to say that I didn't stay there long and within a period of 60 hours, I moved up to 10lbs and stayed maxed out at 10lbs hanging SD. The next 60 hours I switched my angel to SU. I started at 10lbs and mid way through, up it to 12lbs & I have been maxing out at 12 ever since. I do ride the fatigue once I begin to feel the fatigue coming on. <

None of that sounds too good.

>I made gains hanging with the noose and they were all SD. As of a result I can feel with my fingers that my ligs have been stretched and I am sure there is potential for more gains in this area. I just feel that when it comes to me hanging SD, that I am a "difficult gainer". My ligs and tunica are tough as heck. After reading up on the LOT theory, it kind of steered my thinking towards including higher angles into my regiment. My LOT is 7-6 o'clock/ Mirror medium-low/ PAP 2-3". My tug back is strongest at 11-12 o'clock. <

None of that makes any sense. Does not correlate. If you wish to send me the three mirror test pics, that is fine.

You need to hang at the lower angles, from SD to BTC, until your ligs are fully stretched out. Then, if you have not reached your goals, you can move on to dedicated tunica work.

>Having said all of that, do you think that I may have jumped into the higher angles, too soon?<

Yes.

>And if so, should I finish out my 360 hour goal hanging SD?<

I have no idea what the 360 hours is about. You should hang at the lower angles, until your ligs are fully stretch out.

Bigger

Comment

>I think it is an arbitrary number, that has no basis in reason. You need to try and hang at least ten hours each week, while in fatigue. Hang every day. If you can hang more than ten hours each week, that is great. Then, you hang until you reach your goals.<

I hang on average 10 to 12 hours a week, rarely 14.
          I understand that in the grand scheme of things that setting a certain amount of hours to complete as I have done, truly means nothing. I understand that adding a hanging routine is a lifestyle change that shouldn't be limited by a deadline or X amount of hours, I get that. But for me, preparing myself mentally for the challenges I am now taking on was a big deal. There is no way for me to predict how long it is going to take me to reach my bpfl goal. I just don't know how long it is going to take me to climb that mountain. But I do like the idea of not making my experience an overwhelming one. I like being able to take baby steps and tracking my progress, so that one day, when I am running, I can look back and understand how I accomplished my goal. You are absolutely correct, 360 hours is a arbitrary number. But it is a baby step towards the right direction to me.

I appreciate everything you have told me, it is exactly what I needed to hear. Your words have also brought to light some ugly truths about myself and my hanging history. And that is, if I leave all up to myself, I am going to fuck it up! Which I have done in the past with injuries. So far my experience with this hanger is a good one and it's because of 1 simple fact. It is safer!

Give me some time to send you that mirror test pic. Meanwhile I will be hanging SD and BTC only & watching my weights.

Thanks again
          Noble One
          Last edited by noble one; 06-03-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

noble one,

>I understand that in the grand scheme of things that setting a certain amount of hours to complete as I have done, truly means nothing. I understand that adding a hanging routine is a lifestyle change that shouldn't be limited by a deadline or X amount of hours, I get that. But for me, preparing myself mentally for the challenges I am now taking on was a big deal. There is no way for me to predict how long it is going to take me to reach my bpfl goal. I just don't know how long it is going to take me to climb that mountain. But I do like the idea of not making my experience an overwhelming one. I like being able to take baby steps and tracking my progress, so that one day, when I am running, I can look back and understand how I accomplished my goal. You are absolutely correct, 360 hours is a arbitrary number. But it is a baby step towards the right direction to me<

Every guy needs to think of it the way it works for him.

The way I did it was to set up everything so that I could work while hanging. That is, after I had made some gains, and realized it was possible. The first thing i wanted to do was make it to where I could be productive, while I was being productive, making gains. So, I did not have to think about time invested or anything like that. I hung all day because I could, and it did not greatly harm my work. I guess the worst time drain was making hangers.

Bigger

Comment

I have read before on these forms where you go into detail about hanging while working and I have to say that is the ultimate goal for me. The work I do right now won't allow it (very physical work and I work with others). And when I finally get home, I got house full people to deal with. It's very challenging.

Comment

noble one,

>I have read before on these forms where you go into detail about hanging while working and I have to say that is the ultimate goal for me. The work I do right now won't allow it (very physical work and I work with others). And when I finally get home, I got house full people to deal with. It's very challenging.<

That would most likely not work for now. At some point, things may change.

Bigger

Comment

Agreed! If I had that much time to myself starting off, I would probably hurt myself! Not to mention that I probably wouldn't get anything done.

Now that I am hanging strictly BTC & SD I have been noticing the fatigue more so than before in the ligs/ fat pad area. I am not sure that it was ever numbness. I think it is as you mentioned before, inflammation & swelling due to deformation! Something is definitely happening in the ligs area and I think, just maybe that I am starting to see a gain! I have just been taken by surprise with all of this. I will keep you posted but this would be my 1st gain using the hanger!

Comment

noble one,

>Agreed! If I had that much time to myself starting off, I would probably hurt myself! Not to mention that I probably wouldn't get anything done.<

Well, if you had that much time, you would need to follow the stress progression from the NOS email, and slowly work up in stress levels, to where you would hopefully not hurt yourself.

Bigger

Comment

Do you mind sending me the NOS email. I can't find it anywhere?

Comment

noble one,

>Do you mind sending me the NOS email. I can't find it anywhere?<

If you ordered Theraband, use sharp scissors or nippers to cut it into three equal width strips. The strips should be at least 24 inches long. There is a good thread on wrapping at the top of the hanger's forum at Thunder's Place, and a movie on wrapping in the tutorials section of Thunder's.

The product guide is located on the Bib_Hanger website. Much good information and support can be found in the hanger's sections of Thunders. Also, The Bib Hanger's forum has been open for a while. It has also accumulated good information. For the link to my forum, please go to the Bib website. If I put the link in these notification emails, the email systems sometimes kick the emails to junk or spam fold

Please remember this: You must start at a low weight, 2-5 lbs, for 2-3 sets only. (Sets should be no more than 20 minutes long, with 10 minute rest periods in between, to return full circulation.) Then, add sets until you reach your available privacy time (max 4 hours, twelve 20 minute sets). Only add one new set each week. Then after reaching your time maximum, you can begin to add weight, about 15% each week, until you reach fatigue within the first set or two. That weight is what I call the current max weight. Then, reduce the weight in subsequent sets as needed to remain comfortable.

From there, only increase your max weight when you no longer reach fatigue within the first set or two. Also do this slowly, increasing your max weight only 15% per week.

Please don't start out at high weights, and do not increase weight more than 15% each week. The soft tissues, skin, nerves, blood vessels, smooth muscle, must have time to adapt. Further, you must learn how the hanger works, and it is much safer, and easier to do this at lower weight. You can then adapt your technique as weight goes up.

Also, learn the differences in what you are feeling. When there is discomfort, learn to identify the discomfort, exactly where it is, what the problem is. There is good discomfort from tissue deformation, and bad discomfort from faulty hanging technique.

Anytime you have skin irritation, do not stop hanging completely. Cut back on the number of sets and/or weight, but do not stop. If you stop, the skin will quickly lose conditioning. If you keep going, it will adapt.

Be sure you are tightening slowly, allowing time for the tissues to meld into the hanger. Tighten a good bit, then wait a minute, holding forward pressure on the hanger. Then tighten more. It should be easier. Repeat as much as needed.

The first set will be the hardest to tighten properly. This is because collagenous matrix fluid has not been squeezed out yet by the stretch. So the first set will take more time for tightening. After that, it will be easier to tighten, and take less time. At NO time should you use any great force when tightening the top bolt. The two bottom wing nuts should be just snug, no tightness needed.
                        Further, be sure you are using Vaseline, or a light oil, on the top bolt threads, washer, and wing nut, to reduce friction.

If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to email or post on the forums. Also, please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks and get busy,

Bigger

Comment

Good Stuff! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X