Thinking of hanging another way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of hanging another way

Read something on here re someone who set up a pulley system under his desk, and so was able to sit back whilst hanging (as opposed to BTC).

Anyone else try this approach? If so any pros/cons?

Thanks.

Bulla,

There is not a lot of profit in hanging SO. Too much material resisting the stresses in concert. Then, it would generally only affect the tunica.

Hanging at the lower angles generally will hit the ligs much harder, and still stress the outer tunica.

Then, if the ligs are already fully stretched out, using the RSDT fulcrum, and OTS, both with and without a fulcrum, is much more effective.

Bigger

Comment

Hey Bib So if i dont have a mechanism to hang SO i dont have to worry about it? Hanging BTC SD OTS and with fulcrums is enough?

Comment

HangingVegan,

>Hey Bib So if i dont have a mechanism to hang SO i dont have to worry about it?<

I surely would not. But if you ever want to do it, to get in a couple sets or something, just hang over the front edge of chair with a long seat. You can put a PVC half pipe over the front edge of the chair, if it is padded.

>Hanging BTC SD OTS and with fulcrums is enough?<

You do not need SO to do either lig work or tunica work.

Bigger

Comment

thanks Bib Dont think ill be bothering with SO then. You said its ineffective because there are just to many stractures the weight is having to work against? Meaning any gains you can potientially get from SO will be hard fought and likely very little?

Comment

HangingVegan,

>thanks Bib Dont think ill be bothering with SO then. You said its ineffective because there are just to many stractures the weight is having to work against? Meaning any gains you can potientially get from SO will be hard fought and likely very little?<

I cannot say it is ineffective for every guy. The point is, there are other methods that are more efficient than hanging SO. It is a matter of time management, doing things that have the best possibility of success, in the time you have to hang.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X