X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noted, thanks

Comment

freefalling,

>I'm running across this issue with having too much skin in front of the wrap. I'm having a difficult time pulling skin back after each subsequent wrap, whenever I pull the skin back it makes it's way back in front of the wrap.<

What force is causing that to happen? If you are transferring your stretching grip to the top of each new pass of wrap, then the skin should not be able to move back at any rate. Are you doing that?

>I'm pulling the wrap tighter on the last wrap to try and hold the skin in place and it seems to just move its way back.<

Well, it is not magic. If you can tell me what force is causing the wrapped bundle to move forward over the skin, I might be able to suggest something.

>This is my biggest hurdle and preventing me from hanging more weight because the foreskin starts to hurt near 16-20 lbs and making my discoloration worse.<

OK, that is going to be a function of internal blood pressure. But in your pics, I cannot see an excess of blood in the head and upper shaft. But the foreskin does look like it might be swollen a bit. Most probably the key here is that you need to tighten more, get your WFG right, and adjust the hanger correctly.

Your bottom gap is not that wide, but it appears that you have some extra room in the top gap to tighten more. You need to add a couple of extra passes of wrap in the hanger attachment area, move the bottom hex nut adjustments out a few turns, and then tighten more.

Now, with the bottom gap that small, not much larger than the top gap, you are more likely to put move pressure on the bottom chamber, and on the foreskin. You want the lateral compression of the hanger to be on the top sides of the two major chambers.

So go ahead and add a couple passes of wrap in the hanger attachment area, mover the bottom hex nut adjustments out some, and then tighten more.

Please realize that when you get up to the weights you are mentioning, you must progressively tighten more and more, so the hanger does not slip over the internals. That will cause more head and foreskin discomfort than just about anything.

>The tip of my head is seeing discoloration as well, it started at the bottom of my head and now I'm seeing it creep to the top of my head.<

That is from high internal blood pressure. The recommendations above will solve it, as long as the excess blood is out of the head and upper shaft.

Your wrapped bundle and hanger attachment relative to the wrapped bundle look good.

Bigger

Comment

Hey Bib,

Iíve made the changes you suggested and thus far Iíve seen improvements. Iím going to give it another week or so and retake some tech pics. On the flip side, I know this sounds crazy but I was thinking about alternatives to weights for hanging. I like the idea of progressively stronger tension in smaller incriements and less hassle then having weights. What are your thoughts on using a electronic winch and hooking it to the end of the hanger and by remote control tightening it to a point that has the equivalent tension of weights and little by little increasing tension with extreme caution of course. It sounds feasible in theory and can be used in a variety of different hanging positions. Thoughts?

Comment

freefalling,

>I know this sounds crazy but I was thinking about alternatives to weights for hanging. I like the idea of progressively stronger tension in smaller incriements and less hassle then having weights.<

Why? What would be the purpose of raising weight during a set? Or do you mean day to day? Why is using weights and gravity hard? I would think a winch would be a much larger hassle.

>What are your thoughts on using a electronic winch and hooking it to the end of the hanger and by remote control tightening it to a point that has the equivalent tension of weights and little by little increasing tension with extreme caution of course. It sounds feasible in theory and can be used in a variety of different hanging positions. Thoughts?<

So, you would have to attach a scale to it. Of course, I never used anything remotely like this, so I really cannot judge. The one thing I found over the years is the more complicated you make things, the harder it is to make progress. I cannot imagine a scene where a winch and scale is easier than simply hanging weights. But perhaps I am not imaging it right in my mind.

Bigger

Comment

Can you explain the purpose of the scale?

my thoughts behind the winch is the fatigue can be better managed during a set due to the allowance of incremental increases or decreases. But on the flip side, there wouldn’t be an option to bounce or swing. Not that hanging weights is hard but I believe a minor edge compounded over time would have a greater impact. I also like to keep my body guessing so it doesn’t adapt as quickly and having that ability with a remote sounds easier than adding and removing weights.

Comment

freefalling,

>Can you explain the purpose of the scale?<

To know how much stress you are providing. Data allows for better decisions.

>my thoughts behind the winch is the fatigue can be better managed during a set due to the allowance of incremental increases or decreases. But on the flip side, there wouldn’t be an option to bounce or swing. Not that hanging weights is hard but I believe a minor edge compounded over time would have a greater impact. I also like to keep my body guessing so it doesn’t adapt as quickly and having that ability with a remote sounds easier than adding and removing weights.<

Well, I have never heard of a guy using a winch. So be sure to keep us posted, if you give it a shot.

Bigger

Comment

I agree totally about the amount of tension needing to be known. Can you elaborate on how you would use a scale to gauge that?

Iím going to look at winchís today, Iíll keep posted.

Comment

freefalling,

>I agree totally about the amount of tension needing to be known. Can you elaborate on how you would use a scale to gauge that?>

Well, there are inline scales that can measure pull. Offhand, one is a spring scale used to weigh fish.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                  X