All about the journey - Continuation of email convo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freefalling,

>I havenít done any movements, obviously to my detriment. Iím going to incorporate some from now, swinging front to back in this zero gravity chair isnít possible but I can do side to side, will this have the same affect?<

Side to side is what you want. Front to back is not going to be as effective.

Bigger

Comment

• Hello Bigger, hope all has been well with you. Iím still hanging BTC since April of last year. When you were hanging BTC do you recall how much time you spent alternating sides vs keep the hanger straight? Iíve always alternated sides, by doing so am I missing out on potential gains?

If I am I want to correct this, Iíd have to figure out what to rest the skids of the hanger on since Iím using a zero gravity chair. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Comment

• freefalling,

>When you were hanging BTC do you recall how much time you spent alternating sides vs keep the hanger straight?<

When hanging BTC, I always alternated sides, outer shaft/inner shaft.

>Iíve always alternated sides, by doing so am I missing out on potential gains?<

I do not know why you would.

>If I am I want to correct this, Iíd have to figure out what to rest the skids of the hanger on since Iím using a zero gravity chair. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.<

Not really sure what you are getting at. I did not go back through your thread to see what the concern might be. Using the zero gravity chair, are you having a hard time changing the lower angle of hang? If so, not sure I could help with that.

Bigger

Comment

• I read a post where you mentioned needing to keep the skids of the hanger fairly straight in order to target to median susp ligs. Would it be in my best interest to figure out how to keep the skids straight using my setup is or alternating sides all I need to focus on?

Comment

• freefalling,

>I read a post where you mentioned needing to keep the skids of the hanger fairly straight in order to target to median susp ligs. Would it be in my best interest to figure out how to keep the skids straight using my setup is or alternating sides all I need to focus on? <

I have no idea what that is about. It would have to be something out of the normal hanging context

I used a hard PVC half pipe on the front edge of my chair, in order to hang at lesser angles than BTC. Hanging BTC, it would not work.

At any rate, if the angle is severe enough, the outer shaft cannot ride on the inner shaft, and will fall off to one side or the other. There is no way to specifically hit the median susp ligs.

Bigger

Comment

• Bigger,

I've tried a lot of different things hanging BTC and I feel like I am limited in progress because of the angle in which I'm hanging. Thinking back to when I first started and used a chair I didn't encounter the stress on the bottom side of my shaft that I've experienced being in a zero gravity chair. I think because I'm essentially lying down the weight distribution isn't in the right spots. I just measured today from where my shaft is first exposed to the front of my turkey neck and its 3.5 inch which means I have a lot of skin to stretch to correct that, its gotten worse because of my increased length. I pull the skin back after every pass of the wrap and before I attach but the growth of bottom shaft skin has been abysmal.

My scrotal septum skin keeps splitting but I'm not growing anymore bottom shaft skin, everything I've tried doesn't correct the stress that's being placed there, it just feels like its too much stress. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and just deal with this but I feel at this point I'm riding a line of stupidity that's hindering my potential gains. I do feel fatigue in my ligs at some points and I can deal with that very easily, it's an enjoyable feeling. This splitting and stress of my scrotal septum is brutal. Do you think because of how far the septum extends out and my attachment point probably 1.5-1.8 inch behind the coronal ridge that the positioning of the hanger is applying stress there and causing my challenge?

The splitting of skin I'm referring to isn't within the teeth but rests just behind the hanger and when I experience discomfort I can feel exactly where its at on my shaft while hanging because I run my finger down the backside of my shaft and can feel the exact spot.

I am doing something incorrect and the biggest variable other than myself is my setup I use to hang. I'm confident in my attachment point and wrapping but not confident in this zero gravity chair. I know you can't relate because you never used one but it just seems the top portion of my body laying down is altering the distribution of weight in the wrong way. What chair would you recommend I purchase so I can try that out in lieu of my zero gravity chair?

Thanks Bigger

Comment

• freefalling,

>I've tried a lot of different things hanging BTC and I feel like I am limited in progress because of the angle in which I'm hanging. Thinking back to when I first started and used a chair I didn't encounter the stress on the bottom side of my shaft that I've experienced being in a zero gravity chair. I think because I'm essentially lying down the weight distribution isn't in the right spots. I just measured today from where my shaft is first exposed to the front of my turkey neck and its 3.5 inch which means I have a lot of skin to stretch to correct that, its gotten worse because of my increased length. I pull the skin back after every pass of the wrap and before I attach but the growth of bottom shaft skin has been abysmal.<

OK, just to check...you are attempting to stretch the bottom shaft skin by having the last pass or two tight, and pulling out the scrotal and bottom shaft skin, keeping stress on it?

>My scrotal septum skin keeps splitting but I'm not growing anymore bottom shaft skin<

I would need to see exactly how much distance we are discussing here. But stretching the scrotal skin will still help with bottom shaft skin. It may be that you need to not wrap so far back from time to time. But still pull tension on the bottom shaft skin after wrapping, and between hanging sets.

You need to keep a small amount of Vaseline on the irritated skin. Then, I would imagine that there is a hard edge of wrap on the back that is digging into the scrotal skin in the affected area.

That easy thing to fix this is to change the spot where the wrap ends from time to time. I assume you are taping the last pass of wrap behind the hanger attachment zone. So, you can end the last pass of wrap in about an inch zone, so that the trailing edge of the wrap is not impacting the same spot every session.

>everything I've tried doesn't correct the stress that's being placed there, it just feels like its too much stress. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and just deal with this but I feel at this point I'm riding a line of stupidity that's hindering my potential gains. I do feel fatigue in my ligs at some points and I can deal with that very easily, it's an enjoyable feeling. This splitting and stress of my scrotal septum is brutal. Do you think because of how far the septum extends out and my attachment point probably 1.5-1.8 inch behind the coronal ridge that the positioning of the hanger is applying stress there and causing my challenge?<

I would think it would be the wrap.

>The splitting of skin I'm referring to isn't within the teeth but rests just behind the hanger and when I experience discomfort I can feel exactly where its at on my shaft while hanging because I run my finger down the backside of my shaft and can feel the exact spot.<

Realize that once a single spot becomes irritated, it takes a while to heal. Even after you fix what is causing the irritation. So, if it feels marginally better, you most likely relieved new irritation. It may still be uncomfortable, but give it time.

>I am doing something incorrect and the biggest variable other than myself is my setup I use to hang. I'm confident in my attachment point and wrapping but not confident in this zero gravity chair. I know you can't relate because you never used one but it just seems the top portion of my body laying down is altering the distribution of weight in the wrong way. What chair would you recommend I purchase so I can try that out in lieu of my zero gravity chair?<

I recommend a height adjustable, reclining office chair. I used an executive type model. New ones can be pricey. But you can find many used ones online, and at used furniture stores. Businesses that go out sell office furniture for a song.

Bigger

Comment

• >OK, just to check...you are attempting to stretch the bottom shaft skin by having the last pass or two tight, and pulling out the scrotal and bottom shaft skin, keeping stress on it?<

Yes to that, in additional to pulling the skin back after every pass of the wrap. I can visually see after I wrap the skin thatís been pulled bunches up. itís much more dominant on the top opposed to the bottom, obviously because Iím trying to stretch the bottom. I know you said it takes a while but my progress if any seems absent.

>I would need to see exactly how much distance we are discussing here. But stretching the scrotal skin will still help with bottom shaft skin. It may be that you need to not wrap so far back from time to time. But still pull tension on the bottom shaft skin after wrapping, and between hanging sets.<

Do you need a picture to see the distance, if not what would you to see exactly? Funny you mention this because I just cut a new piece of theraband and made it 2 inch in width and am trying to have more gapping between passes so I finish in a spot closer up and donít have hard edges on the wrap.

>You need to keep a small amount of Vaseline on the irritated skin. Then, I would imagine that there is a hard edge of wrap on the back that is digging into the scrotal skin in the affected area.<

i use vaseline after my session which now is night time and in the morning when I wake up. Yes, the hard edge sometimes bothers me so much that Iíll unwrap to fix it, other times it doesnít bother.

>That easy thing to fix this is to change the spot where the wrap ends from time to time. I assume you are taping the last pass of wrap behind the hanger attachment zone. So, you can end the last pass of wrap in about an inch zone, so that the trailing edge of the wrap is not impacting the same spot every time <

This new piece of wrap I cut changes the end point, at the moment Iím not feeling the septum split because the wrap like you mentioned is in a different place. Is it bad to ever have the hanger attach over where the wrap ends and where the tape is? My irritation spot is pretty close to where I need to attach the hanger, donít think itís possible at the moment to not wrap over that spot.

>Realize that once a single spot becomes irritated, it takes a while to heal. Even after you fix what is causing the irritation. So, if it feels marginally better, you most likely relieved new irritation. It may still be uncomfortable, but give it time.<

This makes sense, at some points it can be frustrating knowing I have limited time. I need to exercise more patience.

>I recommend a height adjustable, reclining office chair. I used an executive type model. New ones can be pricey. But you can find many used ones online, and at used furniture stores. Businesses that go out sell office furniture for a song.<

Thanks for the recommendations, is this optimal or would you change something?
                  https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...XC3MKKSQF59FH1
                  Thanks Bigger

Comment

• freefalling,

>Yes to that, in additional to pulling the skin back after every pass of the wrap. I can visually see after I wrap the skin thatís been pulled bunches up. itís much more dominant on the top opposed to the bottom, obviously because Iím trying to stretch the bottom. I know you said it takes a while but my progress if any seems absent.<

I do not understand. You are trying to stretch the bottom shaft skin...why would the skin not be more bunched on the bottom?

>Do you need a picture to see the distance, if not what would you to see exactly? Funny you mention this because I just cut a new piece of theraband and made it 2 inch in width and am trying to have more gapping between passes so I finish in a spot closer up and donít have hard edges on the wrap.<

Yes, a picture of where the wrap ends up would be good.

>This new piece of wrap I cut changes the end point, at the moment Iím not feeling the septum split because the wrap like you mentioned is in a different place.<

I meant every day or two, change the end spot. You can also have different lengths of Tband cut, to make it easy to end at different spots. Cutting more Tband is a cheap price for comfort.

>Is it bad to ever have the hanger attach over where the wrap ends and where the tape is?<

Yes. The tape will make it harder for the hanger to grasp the internals.

>My irritation spot is pretty close to where I need to attach the hanger, donít think itís possible at the moment to not wrap over that spot.<

I really need to see what is going on. Just send me the four technique pictures, so I can see the wrapped bundle, and hanger attachment. If the wrap is the issue, then you surely should be able to wrap past the irritated spot. The wrap should protect that spot from irritation.

>Thanks for the recommendations, is this optimal or would you change something?<

I am glad you posted that. One thing I forgot to mention was the length of the chair seat. For me, that one would be too short. I had a very long seat bottom. I would guess 30 inches or more. Then I realized that for other guys, the shorter seat might be fine. I am 6' 4". So I needed a longer seat in order to get my pelvis almost parallel to the floor, for BTC.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                    X