Progress and any tips would be appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress and any tips would be appreciated

After starting my hanging journey about august/September time, I've been going at it a fair bit and feel like it has made some progress and brought about results which i am happy with so far, so thank you bib.

With this break i thought i would take the time to start posting to get some assistance and maybe some advice too. I didn't do the mirror test etc so i shall do that as soon as i am back to it on wednesday as well as sending the technique pics for review.

I hang while gaming and normally fit in around 3-4 sets during that time but feel like i should do 3-4 sets in the day and then the 3-4 during the night too. I'm currently at 5kg and hanging straight down and BTC but i feel like my ligs are very stubborn and will need more weight and may increase soon.

I will send through the pics for you to review bib as i know my technique needs work and refined before i go up in weight. I have been reserved in staying at 5kg to nail in the technique and eek out as much gains as i can from the lower weights before moving up.

A question for those with more girth like me, did you guys have difficulties with getting the right adjustment for the inner hex nuts to give a better grip on the shaft? If you guys have any tips do please throw them at me

Much appreciated and my target is for double figures in length starting in at 6"

Mixedgymfreak

Mixedgymfreak,

>I hang while gaming and normally fit in around 3-4 sets during that time but feel like i should do 3-4 sets in the day and then the 3-4 during the night too. I'm currently at 5kg and hanging straight down and BTC but i feel like my ligs are very stubborn and will need more weight and may increase soon.

I will send through the pics for you to review bib as i know my technique needs work and refined before i go up in weight. I have been reserved in staying at 5kg to nail in the technique and eek out as much gains as i can from the lower weights before moving up.<

Well, 5 kg is not insignificant. That is about 11 lbs, so you are applying a good amount of stress. Of course, if you are not reaching and riding fatigue, you should be moving up. It is very wise to make sure your technique is correct before doing so.

>A question for those with more girth like me, did you guys have difficulties with getting the right adjustment for the inner hex nuts to give a better grip on the shaft? If you guys have any tips do please throw them at me<

What is your girth? What are your issues? The more information you can give, the better I can help you.

Bigger

Comment

Hi bib thanks for getting back to me

yes i do plan on going up to 7.5kg next as i am using weight plates from my gym. They have tons so they don't notice me borrowing a few.
      i don't seem to be reaching fatigue and will definitely look to moving up soon as i have had my technique reviewed from yourself.

my girth is over 6" as i last checked, should both hex nuts be at the same position to get a good grip?

Thanks

Comment

Mixedgymfreak,

>yes i do plan on going up to 7.5kg next as i am using weight plates from my gym. <

No. Follow the stress progression in the NOS email. Moving up 2.5 kg in one go is WAY too much. Please move up slowly, so that your soft tissues have time to adapt.

>i don't seem to be reaching fatigue and will definitely look to moving up soon as i have had my technique reviewed from yourself.<

Good. Do you need the instructions for the four technique pictures?

>my girth is over 6" as i last checked, should both hex nuts be at the same position to get a good grip?<

No. Did you read the product guide? The top gap needs to be smaller than the bottom gap when the hanger is tight enough to hold. Then there needs to be a bit of extra top gap, in order to tighten more if needed.

As far as toe in or toe out or even, that is personal taste...whatever feels most comfortable, and holds best. You need to experiment. Better to do that at light weights.

Bigger

Comment

Hi bib

I did read the NOS email and understand a slower progression in weight is required, my only issue is getting a hold of a weight plate less than 2.5 but i shall try my best.

What were the instructions for the four technique pics again?

Is adjusting the hex nuts while securing the hanger on before attaching the weight a good idea to help get the right grip? Or is it better to adjust the hex nuts then apply the hanger on before tightening and pulse pushing?

Thanks

Comment

Mixedgymfreak,

>I did read the NOS email and understand a slower progression in weight is required, my only issue is getting a hold of a weight plate less than 2.5 but i shall try my best.<

Well, you can get them online. Or you can just buy cheap packages of fishing weights. Tape a couplet together. Easy to make a one lb weight, or several.

>What were the instructions for the four technique pics again?<

I need four pictures only.

1. Wrapped bundle taken from the top of the shaft. Grasp the head and stretch out the shaft.

2. Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger.

3. Attachment point, hanger on, not tightened, taken from the top of the shaft.

4. Hanging pictures, taken from the top of the shaft. I must be able to see the head.

Be sure to detail any problems you are having, so that I can address them.

Be sure to attach the pictures to the email. Do NOT embed them.

>Is adjusting the hex nuts while securing the hanger on before attaching the weight a good idea to help get the right grip? Or is it better to adjust the hex nuts then apply the hanger on before tightening and pulse pushing?<

That makes me think you have not read the product guide. There is only one tightening bolt, the top one. The bottom two wing nuts are simply to allow easy access to the inner adjustment hex nuts. After you adjust the inner hex nuts, you replace the right side, align the two sides in relation to each other, then snug down the bottom two outer wing nuts.

The two sides MUST BE static in relation to each other, before attaching the hanger.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X