Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maintaining malleability

Hi,

Ive had newbie gains-.5 inch(from hanging) though Im terrified of the ligs and tunica tightening up and having gains become limited. This happened with my extender use years ago, and from other friends in the hanging community. I need every inch I could get,so Im wondering of any tips of mainting that malleability that will allow gains for years to come. (I use lots of heat for one thing..) Thanks all & Bib

bobbob,

>Ive had newbie gains-.5 inch(from hanging) though Im terrified of the ligs and tunica tightening up and having gains become limited.<

No idea what this means. What is the physiological response you are referring to?

>his happened with my extender use years ago, and from other friends in the hanging community. I need every inch I could get,so Im wondering of any tips of mainting that malleability that will allow gains for years to come. (I use lots of heat for one thing..)<

Have you read the managing fatigue thread in the Basics section?

As any collagenous material is deformed and heals back, it becomes stronger. When stress is removed for approximately six weeks, collagenous tissues return to relatively static strength.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
      bobbob,

>Ive had newbie gains-.5 inch(from hanging) though Im terrified of the ligs and tunica tightening up and having gains become limited.<

No idea what this means. What is the physiological response you are referring to?

>his happened with my extender use years ago, and from other friends in the hanging community. I need every inch I could get,so Im wondering of any tips of mainting that malleability that will allow gains for years to come. (I use lots of heat for one thing..)<

Have you read the managing fatigue thread in the Basics section?

As any collagenous material is deformed and heals back, it becomes stronger. When stress is removed for approximately six weeks, collagenous tissues return to relatively static strength.

Bigger
      Perhaps a bit psychological but hopefully there are tricks to keep malleable..And yes just re-read "managing fatigue"-I take from it that you mean as long as theres stress theres what to be gained?

So taking extended breaks seems to work well...I guess am a bit spoiled in a way that I dont want the gains to become too hard down the road and become discouraged(seeing weeks go by and gains hard to decipher). At the beginning, the motivation is so easy as gains are clear..

Thanks

Comment

bobbob,

>Perhaps a bit psychological but hopefully there are tricks to keep malleable.<

Physiological.

I still do not know what you mean. There will be changes. The collagenous tissues will become stronger under stress, and as more and more fibers, bundles, resist the stress in concert.

>.And yes just re-read "managing fatigue"-I take from it that you mean as long as theres stress theres what to be gained?<

I do not know what you mean.

>So taking extended breaks seems to work well...I guess am a bit spoiled in a way that I dont want the gains to become too hard down the road and become discouraged(seeing weeks go by and gains hard to decipher). At the beginning, the motivation is so easy as gains are clear..<

I started making gains at 7.5 lbs. Gained beyond my goals. Then stopped while hanging 45 lbs for my max weight.

Still not sure what you are getting at, what you wish to do.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
          bobbob,

>Perhaps a bit psychological but hopefully there are tricks to keep malleable.<

Physiological.

I still do not know what you mean. There will be changes. The collagenous tissues will become stronger under stress, and as more and more fibers, bundles, resist the stress in concert.

>.And yes just re-read "managing fatigue"-I take from it that you mean as long as theres stress theres what to be gained?<

I do not know what you mean.

>So taking extended breaks seems to work well...I guess am a bit spoiled in a way that I dont want the gains to become too hard down the road and become discouraged(seeing weeks go by and gains hard to decipher). At the beginning, the motivation is so easy as gains are clear..<

I started making gains at 7.5 lbs. Gained beyond my goals. Then stopped while hanging 45 lbs for my max weight.

Still not sure what you are getting at, what you wish to do.

Bigger
          Okay then I will have to re-tool my questions here. 45 lbs..wow

Comment

Working...
          X