Effects of fasting on gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects of fasting on gains

Hey guys so i have a really interesting experiment I'm bringing to you guys. I'm beginning a 14 day water fast followed by a 14 day juice fast. No im not putting myself through this to see specifically the effects not eating has on gains, I'm doing it for other reasons, but i want to take this opportunity to document here the results fasting has on hanging. So to begin with i have just finished hanging 6 months consistently BTC and SD with a .5 inch gain. Currently sitting at 6 and 5/8 in BPEL and 5 1/16 inch EG and 7.0 inch BPFL.

So my hypothesis is that my ligs and tissues will become a lot more malleable. therefore allowing for increased chance of lig and tissue lengthening. Another possibility is since i wont be eating my body will metabolize the scar tissues formed in the penis that has given me length and return my penis to its former self. In which case I'm giving up hanging forever. if any one else has done something similar and remembers the effects it had on hanging and gains please let me know. Also Bib i know you may not know much about water fasting and juice fasting but your input is appreciated never the less.

So starting measurements and routine

6 5/8 BPEL

5 1/16 EG

7.0 BPDL

Mon-Sat- 9x20 min sets @ 14 lbs (increasing one lb/ week unless i miss 2 days of hanging that week i hang same weight another week)

Sun 3-6 sets x 20 min at whatever my warm up weight is that week. ( number of sets typically determined by level of fatigue)

I will post at the end of the 4 week period of fasting all of my results and observations.

I do not expect to gain anything in this one month period although that would be a nice surprise, I'm mostly documenting this in case of any loss of gains.

HangingVegan,

>So to begin with i have just finished hanging 6 months consistently BTC and SD with a .5 inch gain. Currently sitting at 6 and 5/8 in BPEL and 5 1/16 inch EG and 7.0 inch BPFL.<

Congratulations on the gains.

>So my hypothesis is that my ligs and tissues will become a lot more malleable. therefore allowing for increased chance of lig and tissue lengthening.<

Why?

>Another possibility is since i wont be eating my body will metabolize the scar tissues formed in the penis that has given me length and return my penis to its former self<

Scar tissue has not given you any length. As long as you keep hanging, it is doubtful you will lose much if any gains.

> Also Bib i know you may not know much about water fasting and juice fasting but your input is appreciated never the less.<

Well, if it is a total fast, then I assume you will have no Vit C intake. Vit C is water soluble. So after the blood levels are gone, you will not repair collagenous tissues very well. You may realize more fatigue than normal. You may notice more gains, but also will be at a greater risk of injury.

Bigger

Comment

HangingVegan,

I believe how lean you get will be the biggest determining factor. There are a handful of studies looking at the amount lean body mass (LBM) lost during a bodybuilders contest prep diet leading up to the stage. A meta analysis of these studies show an average of 30% of the weight loss comes from LBM, which can be defined as ANYTHING besides fat tissue. Now, most of the LBM lost is going to be towards the end, or second half of the diet, simply because the leaner you are, the more likely your body is to break down LBM for energy in addition to fat mass.

Bodybuilders are typically around 3-6% body fat on stage though. A typical person does not get that lean. Not only is it incredibly difficult, but it's miserable and unhealthy. However, bodybuilders are taking in "optimal" amounts of protein/day in order to retain as much LBM as possible, since muscle is LBM (but so are many other things). So in your case, only taking in water/juice, your decrease in LBM should be far greater because of little to no protein. But then again, you won't be as lean, so perhaps not. If you could work your way down to 7-8% body fat, eating next to no protein, it's possible you could see a significant reduction in LBM. Whether or not that reduction will be in tissues associated to PE gains, I cannot say. It's probably mostly going to be water, due to muscle loss and muscle being about 70% water. However, another thing to consider is your recovery. Eating less decreases your body's ability to recover. Will this translate to easier PE gains because the body can't keep up with the constant stress? I cannot say.

I am, in fact, a bodybuilder who is currently in contest prep. I have 7 weeks to go. I am around 8% body fat right now. I am plan on being about 4% on stage. I wish I had hanging 100% worked out because it would be interesting to see how contest prep affects my gains. But unfortunately, I'm working on a few kinks in my technique as well as doing some dedicated skin stretch. If that doesn't take much longer, I might have a decent amount of time to hang while still very lean. I plan on regaining my weight slowly after the show, which will give me additional time. I might be looking at 2-3 months hanging at very low to low body fat (4-8%).

It will be interesting to see if anything significant happens to you or I during this time. Good luck.

Comment

Your BPFL is longer than your BPEL?

Comment

TNG

yeah i think thats typical of hangers, I know bib is the same way. I dont know if i started off that way because i didn't take BPFL measurement until month 3

Comment

Tyler

Hey Tyler i believe what you say is correct. But as it is i am actually a professional long distance runner (marathon) i sit about 3-6% body fat year around so i dont think ill see much effect as far as that goes but its definately true for those over 10% they can gain simply from losing weight.

Comment

So my hypothesis is that my ligs and tissues will become a lot more malleable. therefore allowing for increased chance of lig and tissue lengthening.

^^^^
              my reasoning for the above is just my thinking that prolonged fasting has the potential of weakening body structures, increasing risk of injury but also increasing ease of deformation.

Scar tissue has not given you any length. As long as you keep hanging, it is doubtful you will lose much if any gains.

^^^^
              Really good to know was worried but what you say makes sense.

Comment

HangingVegan,

>yeah i think thats typical of hangers, I know bib is the same way.<

Uh...no. I think you left out the S. Stretched. BPFSL. Not BPFL. Not even sure how you would do that.

Bigger

Comment

yes i left out the S ughh sorry about that haha. yeah not sure what i had been saying is even possible haha

Comment

Working...
                  X