Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split session vs long session efficacy

Hi Bib,

I am following the guideline and moved up to 17.5 lbs. I am getting sore faster with higher weights and need to do at least 30hrs before I go up.
    Due to time issues + soreness, I was finding difficult to do 20x4 or 20x5 per day.

Would splitting it to 20x2 twice a day would as efficient as doing 20x4 once?

devilrider,

>I am following the guideline and moved up to 17.5 lbs. I am getting sore faster with higher weights and need to do at least 30hrs before I go up.
    Due to time issues + soreness, I was finding difficult to do 20x4 or 20x5 per day.<

Do you mean as a max weight? You are reducing weight during your sessions/sets, in order to remain comfortable, right?

It is not a weight lifting competition. You use the amount of weight that gets you into fatigue early in your sessions. Then you ride the fatigue, reducing weight as needed to remain comfortable.

>Would splitting it to 20x2 twice a day would as efficient as doing 20x4 once?<

It may be fine. Whatever your schedule dictates, and allows you to hang at least ten hours per week. But is should not be a consideration as far as efficacy.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bib,

I do not reduce weights in my session, so far I was hanging 20x3 with same weight. It does gets me a lot sore. I just wait for longer time(20+ min) until I do next set. Usually I take 10 mins break. as weights are increasing break time is also increasing.

I thought you hang with same weight. If I follow your advice, I can manage 20x2 with 17.5lbs then 20x2 with 15,16.25 lbs. Do you recommend this ? should I avoid taking long breaks ?

Thanks,
      J.S

Comment

devilrider,

>I do not reduce weights in my session<

That is not good.

>so far I was hanging 20x3 with same weight. It does gets me a lot sore. I just wait for longer time(20+ min) until I do next set. Usually I take 10 mins break. as weights are increasing break time is also increasing.<

Just reduce weight as needed to remain comfortable.

>I thought you hang with same weight.<

Why? Did you get the NOS email?

>If I follow your advice, I can manage 20x2 with 17.5lbs then 20x2 with 15,16.25 lbs. Do you recommend this ?<

Yes.

>should I avoid taking long breaks ?<

Between sets? There should be no reason to do so.

If you mean split sessions, with hours between sessions, because of your daily schedule, that is fine.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bib, Thanks for the reply.

When we reduce weights between session is there anything too less or whatever keeps me comfortable?

like while hanging at 17.5 first time , I was too sore so I continued other sets with 12.5 .
          Should I try to remain within certain range to starting set ?

Comment

devilrider,

>When we reduce weights between session is there anything too less or whatever keeps me comfortable?<

Only reduce by the amount that allows you to continue hanging, and remain relatively comfortable.

>like while hanging at 17.5 first time , I was too sore so I continued other sets with 12.5 .
            Should I try to remain within certain range to starting set ?<

In my experience, a five lb drop is way too much. I would generally go for a lb or 2.5 lb reduction, depending on how it felt.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X