can't feel much stretch with upwards hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't feel much stretch with upwards hanging

Hey, hope you guys are crushing your 2020 goals.

when I hang straight down or BTC is definitely feel a deep stretch and I get that fatigue that lets me know I'm doing something right.
    I don't get that when hanging upwards.. I feel some stretch but not nearly as much and I'm using 35lbs which 20lbs more weight than I do with straight down and BTC.

for more info, I use a bib starter and I hang upwards using a makeshift pulley rig I made out of a dumbbell rack. I'll post pics of that.

I'm always careful when I attach the hanger to make sure there isn't tension on the skin because I want it to be on the inner penis. However, since I don't feel a stretch I have to increase the weight and mostly what I feel is discomfort in the shaft skin as it bunches up on the head from the pressure of all the weight. but the skin below the hanger is not tight so I should be feeling a stretch on my inner penis yet I don't.

I have lurked several times for an instance where this was answered yet I cannot find one.

...fellas, veterans, BIB, help?
    Attached Files

Ironhead,

>when I hang straight down or BTC is definitely feel a deep stretch and I get that fatigue that lets me know I'm doing something right.
    I don't get that when hanging upwards.. I feel some stretch but not nearly as much and I'm using 35lbs which 20lbs more weight than I do with straight down and BTC.<

First, why are you hanging upwards? Have you fully stretched out your ligs? IF not, why not?

Next, hanging up means a lot, if not most of the stress will be on the tunica. The tunica is made of much tougher material than the ligs.

But there will be some in the ligs and skin, if you have not fully stretched out the ligs before you start tunica work. Also, most guys usually have to change their technique slightly when moving on from the lower angles.

If you are trying to do a shotgun approach, using all the angles, that does not work very well.

Better to fully stretch out the ligs, and skin, then move on to tunica work. That means using the RSDT fulcrum, and OTS, both with and without a fulcrum.

>for more info, I use a bib starter and I hang upwards using a makeshift pulley rig I made out of a dumbbell rack. I'll post pics of that.<

There is a lot of friction there. Not sure why you are hanging like that, and not OTS. With OTS, it is easy to use the friction to your benefit.

The tunica takes a lot to deform. You would need to use a great deal of weight to create any deformation, hanging like that.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
      Ironhead,

First, why are you hanging upwards? Have you fully stretched out your ligs? IF not, why not?

Next, hanging up means a lot, if not most of the stress will be on the tunica. The tunica is made of much tougher material than the ligs.<

But there will be some in the ligs and skin, if you have not fully stretched out the ligs before you start tunica work. Also, most guys usually have to change their technique slightly when moving on from the lower angles.

If you are trying to do a shotgun approach, using all the angles, that does not work very well.

Better to fully stretch out the ligs, and skin, then move on to tunica work. That means using the RSDT fulcrum, and OTS, both with and without a fulcrum.

There is a lot of friction there. Not sure why you are hanging like that, and not OTS. With OTS, it is easy to use the friction to your benefit.

The tunica takes a lot to deform. You would need to use a great deal of weight to create any deformation, hanging like that.

Bigger
      Thanks for your reply, BIB.

I start with upwards 10min, then straight down 10min, then BTC 10min

sounds like I am guilty of what you call the shotgun approach. I threw in the upwards hanging because I read a thread somewhere with guys saying they only really started gaining when they started upwards hanging. Also my LOT is about 6:00-7:00. (this is where I don't feel a tugback) and I thought I read somewhere that upwards hanging was the best angle considering that. Of course I sound foolish now because that was a long time ago and can't recall where I read that.

I have your "bib's LOT theory" post pulled up now and I will study it further but it sounds I may have had my theory backwards.

So when you say the ligs should be stretched first, you don't mean like first in the set, right? You mean I would be better off nixing the upwards hanging for now and just focus on BTC and SD until I max out my gains there?

I made that rig because throwing 20lbs over my shoulder and digging into my traps sounded like a real hassle that I wouldn't sustain and didn't find a solution to where it sounded comfortable. I figured if friction was an issue I could just add some lubricant to certain areas. But I will look more into the RSDT fulcum because I have not heard of that.
      Last edited by Ironhead; 01-20-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Ironhead,

>sounds like I am guilty of what you call the shotgun approach. I threw in the upwards hanging because I read a thread somewhere with guys saying they only really started gaining when they started upwards hanging. <

You can read a lot of stuff on the internet. The question is, what is best for you. Over 20 years, I can tell you that the best results have come from first fully stretching out the ligs, with skin stretch. Then tunica work, if goals have not been reached. Divide and conquer.

>Also my LOT is about 6:00-7:00. (this is where I don't feel a tugback) <

No. Your LOT is when you FIRST SEE a REDUCTION in tugback.

What are the results of your mirror and palpation tests? You need more data to confirm your LOT results.

>I have your "bib's LOT theory" post pulled up now and I will study it further but it sounds I may have had my theory backwards.<

Ligs are fully stretched out when you have an LOT of 6, then a low skin exit point, and an inch or less of inner penis.

>So when you say the ligs should be stretched first, you don't mean like first in the set, right? You mean I would be better off nixing the upwards hanging for now and just focus on BTC and SD until I max out my gains there?<

Right. Fully stretch out the ligs. Then move on to one set of BTC each day, and begin tunica work. The one set of BTC is to pull out adhesions from lig stretch.

>I made that rig because throwing 20lbs over my shoulder and digging into my traps sounded like a real hassle that I wouldn't sustain and didn't find a solution to where it sounded comfortable.<

A couple of things...You can put your rope through a short piece of garden hose, to spread the force on your shoulder. Or you can hang OTS in a high backed chair, where the stress is not on your shoulder at all.

>I figured if friction was an issue I could just add some lubricant to certain areas. But I will look more into the RSDT fulcum because I have not heard of that.<

Basics section, Bib forum.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
          Ironhead,

No. Your LOT is when you FIRST SEE a REDUCTION in tugback.

What are the results of your mirror and palpation tests? You need more data to confirm your LOT results.

Okay BIB, I will certainly take your advice, I did the tests and I scored high on the mirror test, 2.5" on the palpatation test, and 9:00 on the LOT test. So it sounds like I can stop wasting my time with the upwards angle.

Comment

Ironhead,

>Okay BIB, I will certainly take your advice, I did the tests and I scored high on the mirror test, 2.5" on the palpatation test, and 9:00 on the LOT test. So it sounds like I can stop wasting my time with the upwards angle.<

Indeed. It sounds like you have good potential for gains from lig stretch.

Hang at the lower angles, especially BTC.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X