Ok to mix BTC/SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok to mix BTC/SD?

Recently got back into hanging about a month ago and here is my current situation:

LOT: 9
    mirror test: medium
    palpation test: approximately 3 inches

I am currently up to hanging BTC for 2-3 hours daily with 20 minute sets. I am hanging at most 16-17 lbs to reach what I think is fatigue and then reducing weight in subsequent sets. I am not having much soreness in the ligs if any at all and my EQ is solid. However If I stand up and switch to a SD angle with the same weight, I immediately feel an intense stretch and subsequent fatigue that really catches my attention, unlike what I feel from BTC, and is more aligned with what is described in these forums. Since I can only increase so much weight every week due to skin stretch and soft tissue conditioning, and also considering the results of the three tests, would it be productive to add in SD sets to get in more hanging thru fatigue?

My BPFSL has remained unchanged since I started hanging again and I take zero rest days. I have practiced varying forms of PE intermittently and inconsistently over the past 3 years and my concern is that I built up ligs of steel that are going to take a lot of weight to effectively reach fatigue and stretch out.

Thanks

el_hefe,

>LOT: 9
    mirror test: medium
    palpation test: approximately 3 inches<

Good.

>I am currently up to hanging BTC for 2-3 hours daily with 20 minute sets. I am hanging at most 16-17 lbs to reach what I think is fatigue and then reducing weight in subsequent sets. I am not having much soreness in the ligs if any at all and my EQ is solid. However If I stand up and switch to a SD angle with the same weight, I immediately feel an intense stretch and subsequent fatigue that really catches my attention, unlike what I feel from BTC, and is more aligned with what is described in these forums. Since I can only increase so much weight every week due to skin stretch and soft tissue conditioning, and also considering the results of the three tests, would it be productive to add in SD sets to get in more hanging thru fatigue?<

If you were off more than a week or so, and you got back into hanging last month, you should not be hanging 16-17 lbs.

IF SD gives a good stretch, at this point in time. It is fine to hang it for a few sets. But you need to hang BTC, to stretch skin, and the susp ligs.

Have you tried movement? Swinging, bouncing, crunches?

>My BPFSL has remained unchanged since I started hanging again and I take zero rest days. I have practiced varying forms of PE intermittently and inconsistently over the past 3 years and my concern is that I built up ligs of steel that are going to take a lot of weight to effectively reach fatigue and stretch out.<

Well, that is not good. But it could be that you have genetically strong collagenous tissues.

Bigger

Comment

I backed the weight down as suggested and added swinging and crunches in to my sets today. I also read thru some other threads on attachment and refined my technique to better grasp the internals. That definitely helped me feel more a stretch but still not much fatigue while hanging BTC. However, I am assuming it is mostly skin stretch for me at this point as my skin feels tight at the base. Am I correct in that having skin stretch will not produce much fatigue if any at all since the ligs are not really engaging the load?

Thanks

Comment

el_hefe,

>I backed the weight down as suggested and added swinging and crunches in to my sets today. I also read thru some other threads on attachment and refined my technique to better grasp the internals. That definitely helped me feel more a stretch but still not much fatigue while hanging BTC.<

You may not feel much fatigue until you stretch skin, and work back up in weight.

>However, I am assuming it is mostly skin stretch for me at this point as my skin feels tight at the base. Am I correct in that having skin stretch will not produce much fatigue if any at all since the ligs are not really engaging the load?<

That is correct. If the skin is taking a significant portion of the stress, the ligs will not deform much, if at all.

Are you doing dedicated skin stretch?

Bigger

Comment

I am not doing dedicated skin stretch at this time. However, yesterday and today I finally started feeling fatigue in the ligs after changing up my tightening technique. I just needed refinement on the pulse push method when tightening, but I feel like I am on the right track now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X