Grow'S Progress Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow,

>I know you’ve said you tried to push it a bit early on, but quickly realized that lots of good days was better than a great day and few bad days as a result of overdoing it when attachment felt great.<

That sounds right.

>My question is, now that I’m feeling good about it, and attachment and soft tissue conditioning are better and better; does conditioning continue pretty linearly? (As long as I don’t go too fast, or push it) or did you have periods where soft tissue took a long time to catch up?<

Once I got everything figured out, soft tissue conditioning was fairly linear. Now, I might move up one time more than I should have, and had to drop back. When you are hanging a lot of weight, 20-30 lbs, 15% would be a 3-4.5 lb increase. I seldom was able to do that, when I needed to move up. I might try it, realize my soft tissues could not handle it, and drop back.

You really have to listen to your body, and hear when it gives warnings.

After I had everything about set, I was worried more about collagenous tissues, and not deforming too much too soon.

>Most if not all of my issues have been from soft tissue conditioning and tight skin<

That sounds about normal to start.

Bigger

Comment

• Thanks!

Now, did you always try to stick with an increase based on percentage of total? (Ie 15%)

I was mentally prepared to try going towards absolute increases. IE no more than 1-2 pounds, regardless of max.

Do you think there is an advantage to sticking to a percentage? My only guess would be 1-2 pounds increases may not register when you get up to 20-30 lbs, so you may have collagenous tissue adapting but not lengthening/deforming optimally, hence more weight. Is that sort of it?

Or were these increases, again, completely geared around getting into fatigue within your first two sets, whether that is 1/4 pound or 5 pounds.

Comment

• Grow,

>Now, did you always try to stick with an increase based on percentage of total? (Ie 15%)<

I would TRY a higher weight, sometimes for only seconds. Sometimes minutes. I would always go by feel.

>I was mentally prepared to try going towards absolute increases. IE no more than 1-2 pounds, regardless of max.<

Never do that.

>Do you think there is an advantage to sticking to a percentage?<

As a maximum to try, it is fine. It may work, may not.

>My only guess would be 1-2 pounds increases may not register when you get up to 20-30 lbs, so you may have collagenous tissue adapting but not lengthening/deforming optimally, hence more weight. Is that sort of it?<

No. If you are already hanging a weight that has deformed collagenous tissues, then you simply want to continue reasonable deformation. So, go by fatigue. That will tell you if you are still deforming tissues. So, you can go up 1-2 lbs, in the 20-30 lb range, and most likely still deform tissues. But it may not be as efficient as a bit more weight. That is why you always go by fatigue.

>Or were these increases, again, completely geared around getting into fatigue within your first two sets, whether that is 1/4 pound or 5 pounds.<

Absolutely.

Bigger

Comment

• Thanks Bib.

Sets today:

Another split session.

1 - 7.5
          2 - 8.75
          3 - 8.75

4 - 7.5
          5 - 7.5
          6 - 6.25

Notes: Attachment felt fantastic this morning, so I decided to try 8.75 lbs as max weight. It went well. I will note that after my 3rd set, in the AM, the skin was stinging at attachment. This was an indication to me that soft tissues were over-stressed and so I was careful to manage fatigue in my evening session.

Comment

• Sets today:

1 - 7.5
            2 - 8.75
            3 - 8.75/7.5
            4 - 7.5/6.25/5
            5 - 6.25
            6 - 6.25

Notes: Well everything felt pretty good today. I did have more initial soft tissue swelling this morning than yesterday, but I attribute that to using a heavier max for 2 sets yesterday. I may have pushed the 3rd set a bit TOO far as I noticed I was significantly more sore for the last 3 sets, and weight dropped all the way to 5 pounds in my 4th set. It felt much better for my last 2 sets to stay at 6.25.

Overall though, a good day. I will have to be cautious this weekend with the intensity of my sets so as not to take a step backwards.

Comment

• Interesting comment from my girl last night. She said it’s a lot more “***makes a tight fist and raises arm”.***
              Lol. I think she means solid?

One thing I’ve noticed is my EQ will waiver session to session. Sometimes amazing, other-times challenges. And there will even be sometimes where it will be good initially, then it seems like it gets lazy after 15-20 minutes. Maybe related to fatigue / reduced sensitivity from fatigue or weak PC muscles?
              Last edited by Grow; 05-18-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Grow,

>Interesting comment from my girl last night. She said it’s a lot more “***makes a tight fist and raises arm”.***
                Lol. I think she means solid?<

No idea. But seems positive. Congratulations.

>One thing I’ve noticed is my EQ will waiver session to session. Sometimes amazing, other-times challenges. And there will even be sometimes where it will be good initially, then it seems like it gets lazy after 15-20 minutes. Maybe related to fatigue / reduced sensitivity from fatigue or weak PC muscles?<

Hanging produces a refractory response, much like ejaculation. So, it will vary, depending on how much you hang, how much fatigue you generate, and therefore the amount of deformation.

EQ variation while hanging for gains has been widely reported for decades.

Bigger

Comment

• Sets today:

1 - 7.5
                  2 - 8.75
                  3 - 8.75
                  4 - 8.75
                  5 - 7.5
                  6 - 7.5/6.25

Notes: Attachment felt very good today. I was
                  really amazed I was able to use 8.75 for 3 sets today. I assume it is because I finished my sets yesterday early on, and I was careful not to overdo it.

My OCD really acts when I have a slight twist from attachment. Talking less than 45 degrees,
                  so I know it’s “OK” but still bothers me lol. It’s very hard and almost feels like a waste of time to try to get it completely perfect. No slipping or twisting during the set, so I’ll try to let it be.

Comment

• Sets today:

1 - 7.5
                    2 - 8.75
                    3 - 8.75
                    4 - 8.75
                    5 - 8.75
                    6 - 7.5/6.25

Notes: Attachment again felt a little sore, slightly swollen but overall manageable. No doubt this is because I had hung 8.75 lbs for 3 sets yesterday.

Despite that, I still felt quite comfortable to hang an additional set at 8.75 lbs today. I may have been able to handle it for part of the last set, however, I chose to play it safe and use 7.5 lbs as I was not confident I would be able to use 8.75 for a full set and I really want to be sure I’m not pacing upwards in intensity too quickly.

Good session.

Comment

• Sets today:

1 - 7.5
                      2 - 8.75
                      3 - 8.75
                      4 - 8.75
                      5 - 8.75/6.25
                      6 - 7.5

Notes: Attachment felt good today, not great. After yesterday’s session, I definitely need to back off a bit today to let soft tissues catch up to current stresses.

5th set was odd. Felt all good, but about 12 minutes in, very tough, dropped to 7.5 and it wasn’t enough. Dropped to 6.25 for remainder of the set.

Feel a bit of stinging after removing hanger, this usually corresponds with slight or almost there skin tears, for me. Going to be sure to really keep the skin hydrated with Vaseline today to avoid it becoming an issue. (Along with backing off sooner in my future sessions.)

Comment

• Sets today:

1 - 7.5
                        2 - 8.75
                        3 - 8.75
                        4 - 8.75/7.5/6.25/5
                        (Don’t know what happened here. I cut the set short 5 mins. It became very uncomfortable even at 5 pounds. Possible that I did not leave enough time between tightening rounds to allow the tissue to “meld” to the hanger.)
                        5 - 8.75/7.5
                        6 - 7.5/6.25

Notes: Today the cumulative fatigue from the last few sessions caught up with me. Not going to be trying to increase max this week.

Noticing with my wrap on for all sets, I get some numbness that gets worse set to set. Not sure if it’s wrap tightness, not resting long enough between sets, or just general cumulative fatigue. My guess is a combination of all 3.

Oddly, the HEAD numbness does not persist after a jelq session or so, That said, I do notice some shaft numbness that I can’t quite source or pin down, it does seem to delay orgasm though. Perhaps related to refractory period to a degree. Maybe just fatigue related. Still trying to work out the tweaks.

Comment

• Grow,

>Notes: Today the cumulative fatigue from the last few sessions caught up with me. Not going to be trying to increase max this week.<

You are the only one that can know whether to move up or not. But you are hanging a lot of sets at 8.75. I hope you are at least getting a good stretch. Are you reaching fatigue at all?

>Noticing with my wrap on for all sets, I get some numbness that gets worse set to set. Not sure if it’s wrap tightness, not resting long enough between sets, or just general cumulative fatigue. My guess is a combination of all 3.

Oddly, the HEAD numbness does not persist after a jelq session or so<

So, that would indicate a simple lack of blood flow. You do need to check the wrap tightness, and restore blood flow for ten minutes. Cumulative fatigue feels different from numbness. You might be worn out from fatigue, but if so, you should still have full sensation.

>That said, I do notice some shaft numbness that I can’t quite source or pin down, it does seem to delay orgasm though. Perhaps related to refractory period to a degree. Maybe just fatigue related.<

That is totally to be expected.

Bigger

Comment

• Yea, I do reach fatigue with 8.75 usually in the third set, not enough to warrant a drop, per se, but I’ve realized I can go past the point of overdoing it without feeling like I HAVE to drop the weight.

I can definitely feel the ligs have been pulled down some from first set to last. The temporary stretch from hanging, I mean... not instant gains or anything.

I will try to loosen up the wrap a bit and see if that helps with head sensitivity during my session. Simple BHB jelqing and kegels between sets then?

I was thinking about it last night and I would describe it as “attachment point numbness”. It’’s usually right at Attachment/hanger shoulders. Persists longer than any head numbness.

When my attachment feels good next, I will try 10 pounds, if only for a single set.

Comment

• Grow,

>Simple BHB jelqing and kegels between sets then?<

Also, slap your unit against your leg, massage the wrapped bundle. Push blood past the wrap.

Bigger

Comment

• Sets today:

1 - 7.5
                                2 - 8.75
                                3 - 7.5
                                4 - 7.5
                                5 - 7.5/6.25/5
                                6 - 6.25/5

Notes: Initially, Attachment felt pretty good. By the second set, I could tell that the previous sessions have really started to cause some cumulative fatigue in soft tissue and ligs. I was barely able to manage 7.5 for the next 2 sets and then, by set 5, at the 13-14 minute mark, everything started “screaming” so I dropped to 6.25 for a minute and the again to 5.

I have a feeling that I am still not dropping the weight soon enough, I noticed something on my last 2 sets that may be hard to explain.

Basically, after I dropped to 5, it was like the “noise”/discomfort from attachment fatigue was low enough that I felt a dull sting where I anticipate my ligs were. Mostly on left side at the base, but also right.

I wonder if this is telling me I need to let soft tissue recover some and avoid going too far into soft tissue fatigue again, as it does seem like the soft tissue discomfort is “louder” that actual lig fatigue, but I may be way off base here. Just guessing. Hope that makes sense. Could also explain some numbness too if too far into fatigue, overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X