Bread and Butters Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BreadandButter,

>I've sent over some photos of my hanger. I was looking at it tonight and felt the inside of it was harder and not as sticky as the top and sides. I'm wondering if it is time for a new one?<

I did not get any pictures from you. But, the hanger is designed to get harder over time, as your soft tissues are conditioned.

>I thought maybe that it might be affecting my usual issue with slippage.<

No, that would not be it.

>I'm up to 14lbs and still battling with it. I've been wrapping for girth after sets, playing with toe in and out, wrapping and attaching further back, doing shorter 15 minute sets etc. Can't seem to get a consistent grasp on my internals or a routine that works each set. Regardless, I've been pushing through and taking off the weight, rewrapping, then reattaching in the middle of sets when I feel everything sliding down. Definitely takes longer to hang and is super frustrating but I'm committed.<

That sounds like you are simply not tightening enough, or not taking enough time to tighten.

How long are you wrapping for head and upper shaft girth, after a session? Do you get any edema doing it?

Have you tried doing it for an hour or so before your sessions? Not recommending it, but have you tried it?

Bigger

Comment

Big,

> I did not get any pictures from you. But, the hanger is designed to get harder over time, as your soft tissues are conditioned.<

If that is normal I will continue using it BAU.

>That sounds like you are simply not tightening enough, or not taking enough time to tighten.<

Tonight was finally a GREAT session! I got through 4 20 minute sets without a hitch. I took a lot more time tightening and really focused on making sure I was deep in the shaft well. Also, I retightened after adding weights to the point of slight discomfort. I will try and repeat exactly for tomorrow night.

>How long are you wrapping for head and upper shaft girth, after a session? Do you get any edema doing it?<

I typically stay wrapped for 1 to 1.5 hours after a session. I get slight- mild edema.

>Have you tried doing it for an hour or so before your sessions? Not recommending it, but have you tried it?<

I have not.

Bigger

Comment

BreadandButter,

>Tonight was finally a GREAT session! I got through 4 20 minute sets without a hitch. I took a lot more time tightening and really focused on making sure I was deep in the shaft well. Also, I retightened after adding weights to the point of slight discomfort. I will try and repeat exactly for tomorrow night.<

Good job.

Bigger

Comment

Big,

Does it make sense that my first set is always my best set? Tightening the hanger on the first set always feels good like I'm really grasping the internals and I never have any of my normal issues. Subsequent sets never feel as good when I lockdown the hanger and begin.

Comment

BreadandButter,

>Does it make sense that my first set is always my best set? <

It makes perfect sense. After the first set, collagenous tissue matrix fluid has been squeezed out of the internals. Not as much there to grasp. So, the hanger needs to be adjusted for the later sets, rather than the first set. Then, you will effectively need to tighten more in the later sets. You should also take more time in the later sets.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X