Finally, but ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, but ...

I've had my hanger for well over a year but never used it. I was very frustrated with getting the settings in line and the pinching and all of that. I (literally) wiped the dust off my Bib about a month ago and decided to get serious about length gains. I found an EXCELLENT video on wrapping and placement of the hanger and it changed the game. I'm a pumping addict, but I dare say now that I enjoy hanging almost, if not more, than pumping! Been going strong for a month now and I've got no complaints - EXCEPT, I do have questions about fatigue.

I used a Captain's wench for a long time and it could sustain about 8 lbs comfortably, consequently, I could never reach fatigue. Now that I'm using my Bib on an almost daily basis, I'm able to do 10 lbs through 4 sets of 20 min each, but I NEVER hit fatigue. I can, however, reach it when I load up to 11.5 lbs. But is that too much weight too soon?

So, is riding fatigue THAT important to length gains? I don't want to overload with to much weight too soon. I've read in several forums that you shouldn't add more than .5 lbs a week. I've already made the jump from 8 to 10 and I'm still not hitting fatigue. What's a good track to take?

UPDATE
    To add a little info, I'm hanging BTC. which brings to mind another question: I plan on giving myself 2 more months of BTC before I switch angles. Which should I do next - SO or OTS? Any good techniques or ways to hang OTS?
    Last edited by GTOK; 11-06-2017, 02:21 PM.

GTOK,

>Now that I'm using my Bib on an almost daily basis, I'm able to do 10 lbs through 4 sets of 20 min each, but I NEVER hit fatigue. I can, however, reach it when I load up to 11.5 lbs. But is that too much weight too soon?<

After a month, yes, it is too much. You need to follow the stress progression in the NOS email. After four weeks, four sets, you should be hanging no more than 8 lbs or so. This time is for learning to use the hanger correctly, and for conditioning soft tissues. If you go too fast, you will sustain soft tissue injuries, which will only put back progress.

Also, you should be hanging every single day, if you want significant gains.

>So, is riding fatigue THAT important to length gains?<

It is the only thing related to significant length gains. Fatigue is an indication of deformation. But you must be safe, and move up slowly. You will eventually reach a weight that brings on fatigue early in your sets.

>I don't want to overload with to much weight too soon. I've read in several forums that you shouldn't add more than .5 lbs a week. I've already made the jump from 8 to 10 and I'm still not hitting fatigue. What's a good track to take?<

Add no more than 15% each week to your max weight. Reduce weight as needed to remain comfortable. Do not add a set and weight in the same week.

>To add a little info, I'm hanging BTC. which brings to mind another question: I plan on giving myself 2 more months of BTC before I switch angles. Which should I do next - SO or OTS?<

What are the results of your three tests? LOT, mirror and palpation. Basics section, Bib forum. If you have potential for gains from lig stretch, you stay at the lower angles, until you reach an LOT of 6, low skin exit point, and an inner shaft measure of an inch or less. If you have not reached your goals at that point, you can move on to tunica work, using the RSDT fulcrum, and OTS both with and without a fulcrum.

>Any good techniques or ways to hang OTS?<

Really simple. Rope extension with a hook in one end of the rope, and a loop in the other. Rope extension and weights go over the back of your chair.

Bigger

Comment

OK. Thanks!

I started back hanging on Oct 1 and went nearly every day of the month with at least 2 sets (I have an online app that I use to track my progress). My goal was (and still is) 10 hours of hanger time per week - that's roughly 8 total sets of 20 minutes each over 2 sessions per day (split morning and night). (I stayed at 8 lbs the first three weeks, went up to 9 lbs the next week week and last week on 11/1, I went up to 10.

So per your reply in following the 15% formula, I should drop down to 9.25 lbs and move up in weight slowly week to week until I hit fatigue during my early sets, correct? Certainly not looking for any tissue damage for doing too much too soon.

Regarding LOT, not sure what's really going on there or if there should be any reason for concern. I stretched out flaccid to straight up 12 and saw very little, if any tugback.. I could feel the kegel and it was pretty strong but I saw very little. By the time I got to straight out 9, there was nothing. I could feel the kegel, though not as strong, but there was no tugback visible at all. By the time I was straight down at 6, there was nothing on either front. So I would assume that means I have a very high LOT?

I moved on to the mirror and palpation tests. According to the diagram for the mirror test, I was pretty close to the green dot with a high exit point. With the palpation, it took me a while to figure out what I was feeling for, but if I did it correctly, it looks as if I have about 2 to 3 inches from the bottom of the pubic bone intersection and my exit point. So taking all of those in combination, is it safe to assume that with adequate hanging and with enough time, I can gain at least 2, if not 3 inches in length? If so, that would be fabulous! I've always been a hard gainer in length (part of the reason why I shied away from manual stretching and gravitated towards pumping).

I've been engaged in active, consistent PE since 2009 - would the work that I've already put in affect LOT to the point that I don't see tugback? And if the work I've done has indeed affected it, how can I tell just how much more I can gain from hanging?

Comment

GTOK,

>My goal was (and still is) 10 hours of hanger time per week - that's roughly 8 total sets of 20 minutes each over 2 sessions per day (split morning and night).<

Ten hours per week is 4-5, 20 minute sets per day, every day. But your schedule is fine, if you are hanging every day.

>So per your reply in following the 15% formula, I should drop down to 9.25 lbs and move up in weight slowly week to week until I hit fatigue during my early sets, correct?<

Yes.

>Certainly not looking for any tissue damage for doing too much too soon.<

Very wise.

>Regarding LOT, not sure what's really going on there or if there should be any reason for concern. I stretched out flaccid to straight up 12 and saw very little, if any tugback.. I could feel the kegel and it was pretty strong but I saw very little. By the time I got to straight out 9, there was nothing. I could feel the kegel, though not as strong, but there was no tugback visible at all. By the time I was straight down at 6, there was nothing on either front. So I would assume that means I have a very high LOT?<

Well, you need to do more testing. What you describe means your LOT is between 9 and 12. Your LOT is when you FIRST see a reduction in tugback.

>I moved on to the mirror and palpation tests. According to the diagram for the mirror test, I was pretty close to the green dot with a high exit point. With the palpation, it took me a while to figure out what I was feeling for, but if I did it correctly, it looks as if I have about 2 to 3 inches from the bottom of the pubic bone intersection and my exit point. So taking all of those in combination, is it safe to assume that with adequate hanging and with enough time, I can gain at least 2, if not 3 inches in length? If so, that would be fabulous!<

From that data, I would say you have significant potential for gains from lig stretch. If your skin exit point is high, then your LOT would be 10 or above, and you would most probably have three inches or more of inner penis.

>I've been engaged in active, consistent PE since 2009 - would the work that I've already put in affect LOT to the point that I don't see tugback?<

Not sure what you mean. If you have effectively stretched the ligs, it could have lowered your LOT. But that would be significant stress at the lower angles.

>And if the work I've done has indeed affected it, how can I tell just how much more I can gain from hanging?<

You cannot tell how much total you can gain. There is no limit to the amount of tunica gains. But that requires a good bit of stress. Your palpation test, minus about one inch, can generally give you the amount you can gain by full lig stretch alone.

Bigger

Comment

So I decided to retest my LOT several times over the last couple of days, conducting them at different times during the day to take any possible variables out of the equation. I'm not sure what happened the first time (maybe my ligs were just having a bad day?), but in these subsequent tests, my LOT is somewhere around 9. It was strongest at 11 and 10 and then diminished greatly after 9. So this still fits in line with what you were describing and prescribing in your earlier replies.

I've been reading a lot of threads in Basics and I have a question on the fit of the hanger. In one post, you mentioned that the upper gap should be narrower than the lower gap when tightened, forming an upside down V-shape ( / \ ). I know it depends on girth (my girth is on the larger side at 6" flaccid) but is there a ratio of how much the gap should be? Since I've dropped in weight, I'm experimenting more with the fit to see if my weight increase due to not hitting fatigue is more of an issue of hanger placement or settings. So far, I've found nothing. Any tips? Or is that something I'm just going to have to work through until I find it?

I also wanted to get your opinion on a new (at least for me it's new) form of stretching. I have read (here and in other forums) where other guys have used bungee cords with their hangers to make a sort of modified ADS. So I found a couple of cords and depending on what I'm doing, attach them at various anchor points around my house. I have found these types of stretches to be, in my opinion, very beneficial in helping to maintain some type of resistance on my ligaments in between sessions and when hanging isn't really practical. Being able to attach the bungee cord on the bottom of my bed-frame and get that type of hard stretch hands-free, while laying down, is amazing! What is your opinion on these types of stretches? While I know any type of stretching helps, do you have any tips on how to make these bungee stretches more efficient and effective?

Comment

GTOK,

>I've been reading a lot of threads in Basics and I have a question on the fit of the hanger. In one post, you mentioned that the upper gap should be narrower than the lower gap when tightened, forming an upside down V-shape ( / \ ). I know it depends on girth (my girth is on the larger side at 6" flaccid) but is there a ratio of how much the gap should be?<

No. It should be whatever is most comfortable. The key is, the lateral compression should be on the top sides of the two major chambers.

>Since I've dropped in weight, I'm experimenting more with the fit to see if my weight increase due to not hitting fatigue is more of an issue of hanger placement or settings. So far, I've found nothing. Any tips? Or is that something I'm just going to have to work through until I find it?<

Yes, you need to experiment, to find what is most comfortable for YOU. It is not a one size fits all proposition.

>I also wanted to get your opinion on a new (at least for me it's new) form of stretching. I have read (here and in other forums) where other guys have used bungee cords with their hangers to make a sort of modified ADS. So I found a couple of cords and depending on what I'm doing, attach them at various anchor points around my house. I have found these types of stretches to be, in my opinion, very beneficial in helping to maintain some type of resistance on my ligaments in between sessions and when hanging isn't really practical. Being able to attach the bungee cord on the bottom of my bed-frame and get that type of hard stretch hands-free, while laying down, is amazing! What is your opinion on these types of stretches?<

I have never done any of that, so I cannot comment. But by definition, weights never relent. Gravity is constant. A bungee cord will lessen in intensity, as either the bungee or the penis stretches.

Anyway, be sure to limit time to no more than 20 minutes.

>While I know any type of stretching helps, do you have any tips on how to make these bungee stretches more efficient and effective?<

No.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
              I have never done any of that, so I cannot comment. But by definition, weights never relent. Gravity is constant. A bungee cord will lessen in intensity, as either the bungee or the penis stretches.

Anyway, be sure to limit time to no more than 20 minutes.
              Most certainly. I'm keeping to the same set time as when I hang - no more than 20 minutes. As far as the intensity decreasing, I totally understand. Being able to shift position to exert more or less force has been helpful, I think. Especially seeing as how I can do it between hanging sessions AND get more passive PE in while I'm working.
              I work from home but my desk chair isn't quite suited for BTC hanging so this helps. It can never replace hanging, but seems, so far anyway, to help with additional lig stretch. I place a heating pa on medium setting over the hanger and directly on the ligs and it feels great. It's a good type of soreness after about 4 sets of stretching. When I put the actual weights on, I'm getting to the point where I can feel fatigue creeping in by the time I get to the last set. I venture that over the coming weeks, I will actually hit "real fatigue" (from the weights) and can focus on increasing deformation.

Comment

GTOK,

>As far as the intensity decreasing, I totally understand. Being able to shift position to exert more or less force has been helpful, I think<

Be SURE you are not using too much stress. That can easily cause an injury, and delay progress.

>I work from home but my desk chair isn't quite suited for BTC hanging so this helps.<

Why is it not suited? You can buy good cheap used office chairs on the net in most areas. I have about four stored, for office use. Just get one that reclines, and is height adjustable.

Bigger

Comment

The chair I have does recline, and is adjustable height (it's one of those big leather office chairs from Office Depot). I've tried to hang from it while sitting at my desk and it's pretty uncomfortable. I can hang SD, but not BTC. I think it would be good for fulcrum use for SO, once I get to that point.

Comment

Working...
                  X