Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven's thread

steven,

>I cannot for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening. When I hang straight down, the hanger doesn't twist. Whenever I hang BTC, the hanger will rotate at least 45 degrees and often upwards of 90 degrees to the left (never to the right). I've tried attaching the hanger at different points, aligning off long axis to penis to counteract the rotation, and aligning off short axis to counteract it. The only way I can hang BTC properly aligned is if I rest the skids on the edge of the chair so it can't rotate. I do notice the left and right parts of the hanger aren't completely symmetrical, is this what is causing the rotation? Or is it my anatomy? FWIW, I wrap with theraband only and the glans stays aligned within the hanger itself. <

It is normal, and it is the "bump". It is the outer penis falling over to one side or the other, of the inner penis. Simply alternate sides.

So now, your outer penis naturally falls over to the left of your inner penis. Simply roll over on your right hip, when you first get into position, so that the shaft, hanger, everything, pops over to the right side. Or, you can move it manually.

Hanging to the left, the only thing that will happen is your right lateral suspensory ligaments will get a bit more stress than the left laterals.

I just switched sides about every set. I also naturally fell off to the left. So every other set, I would roll over on my right hip, to move the outer shaft over.

Now, if you swing the weights, you can most likely feel the outer shaft bumping over the inner shaft. So when you stop swinging, be sure the outer shaft is on the right side of the inner shaft, if it is the right sides turn.

When you do get it over on the right side, you will most likely feel a heck of a stretch on the left side. It will be different. Just reduce weight if needed, until the left side stretches out.

Bigger
    Last edited by Bib; 01-06-2018, 07:44 PM.

Been hanging for approx 2 months now with steady progression of weight as follows:

Week 1: 5 lbs x 3 sets (20min) every day SD
    2: 5lb x 4 sets SD
    3: 5x5 SD
    4: 5x6 SD
    5: 6x6 SD
    6: 6x6 BTC
    7: 7x6 BTC
    8: 7.5x6 BTC

The issue Iím having now is detecting fatigue. The buildup to 7 lbs was uneventful as I really didnít feel any significant lig stretch. Now at 7.5lbs Iím able to hang BTC easily EXCEPT when I finish a set and stand up to take the weight off. For whatever reason, the change in position really gives me that fatigued feeling in the ligs and deep inside the lower abs. What should I do? During the 20min BTC hang, I really donít feel this deep stretch. Am I fatiguing the ligs unknowingly while BTC and unmasking the fatigue as the weights swing into the SD position when I get up? Should I keep increasing the weight until the fatigue sets in during the session itself? I want to reach fatigue properly, but I also would like to avoid injury by progressing too quickly.
    Last edited by steven; 12-28-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

steven,

>Been hanging for approx 4 months now with steady progression of weight as follows:

Week 1: 5 lbs x 3 sets (20min) every day SD
      2: 5lb x 4 sets SD
      3: 5x5 SD
      4: 5x6 SD
      5: 6x6 SD
      6: 6x6 BTC
      7: 7x6 BTC
      8: 7.5x6 BTC<

Very good. You could have gone up a bit faster, but you may have had technique issues, etc.

>The issue Iím having now is detecting fatigue. The buildup to 7 lbs was uneventful as I really didnít feel any significant lig stretch. Now at 7.5lbs Iím able to hang BTC easily EXCEPT when I finish a set and stand up to take the weight off. For whatever reason, the change in position really gives me that fatigued feeling in the ligs and deep inside the lower abs. What should I do? <

That is not true fatigue. It is not unusual to feel some intense stretch when changing angles. Moving up to take off the weights is essentially changing angles.

You want to continue slowly moving up in weight until you begin to reach true target tissue fatigue early in every single session. You want to reach good fatigue to where you must reduce weight during a session and even a set.

>During the 20min BTC hang, I really donít feel this deep stretch. Am I fatiguing the ligs unknowingly while BTC and unmasking the fatigue as the weights swing into the SD position when I get up?<

No.

>Should I keep increasing the weight until the fatigue sets in during the session itself?<

Yes. EARLY in your sessions. At least by the second set.

>I want to reach fatigue properly, but I also would like to avoid injury by progressing too quickly.<

As long as your technique is good, solid attachment, etc, you should not have any issues from moving up at your rate. In fact, you could have gone up a bit faster. Increase max weight no more than 15% each week.

Bigger

Comment

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening. When I hang straight down, the hanger doesn't twist. Whenever I hang BTC, the hanger will rotate at least 45 degrees and often upwards of 90 degrees to the left (never to the right). I've tried attaching the hanger at different points, aligning off long axis to penis to counteract the rotation, and aligning off short axis to counteract it. The only way I can hang BTC properly aligned is if I rest the skids on the edge of the chair so it can't rotate. I do notice the left and right parts of the hanger aren't completely symmetrical, is this what is causing the rotation? Or is it my anatomy? FWIW, I wrap with theraband only and the glans stays aligned within the hanger itself.

Comment

Does this also explain why my glans will almost always twist to the left within the hanger? I overcame this problem by starting my theraband partially over the glans....the theraband locks my glans into perfect alignment. In addition, I like the way the theraband seemingly prevents shaft skin from bunching up around the the glans. I understand skin needs to stretch, too...but I would prefer if I could keep it to the bare minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
            >So now, your outer penis naturally falls over to the left of your inner penis. Simply roll over on your right hip, when you first get into position, so that the shaft, hanger, everything, pops over to the right side. Or, you can move it manually.<
            For clarification, do you mean I should roll over onto my right hip before tightening the hanger? I'm assuming the outer penis will settle in on a given side upon tightening the hanger. And how do I go about doing it "manually" if I don't physically get onto my right side? What/where exactly do I apply pressure to shift the outer penis?

Comment

steven,

>For clarification, do you mean I should roll over onto my right hip before tightening the hanger?<

No. You wrap, tighten, everything normally. Attach the weights, and get in the BTC position, then roll over on your right hip. You should feel the outer shaft pop over the inner shaft.

>I'm assuming the outer penis will settle in on a given side upon tightening the hanger.<

No. It only falls over to either side after getting in the BTC position with the weights attached.

>And how do I go about doing it "manually" if I don't physically get onto my right side? What/where exactly do I apply pressure to shift the outer penis?<

Depending on your particular geometry, it might be tough to be in the BTC position, and reach down and grab the hanger and move it over to your right side. Depends on how well you can do a crunch, how limber you are, how long your current outer shaft is, etc. To be honest, I found it a lot easier just to roll over on my right side for a second, feel the outer shaft pop over, then straighten back up.

Bigger

Comment

Reason I ask how to do it manually is because I do BTC with a chair I Macgyver'd by cutting a hole in the seat and constructing a pulley system attached to the back. I can't exactly roll onto my side unless I take the chair with me...that would be exceedingly difficult and probably dangerous to boot. I'm using the custom chair bc I was starting to get lower back pain doing BTC on a regular chair, sitting on the edge with legs propped up on something elevated.

Comment

steven,

I am not sure of the physics involved in what you are doing. So I cannot recommend a way to move your outer shaft over to the right side of your inner shaft. But it really should not be hard to do it.

Tell me this...with the pulley system, how is the hanger turning to the left?

Bigger

Comment

steven,

I am not sure of the physics involved in what you are doing. So I cannot recommend a way to move your outer shaft over to the right side of your inner shaft. But it really should not be hard to do it.

Tell me this...with the pulley system, how is the hanger turning to the left?

Bigger
                    The pulley system merely consists of a pulley at the bottom center of the back of my chair and another pulley at the top center. A paracord attaches to your hanger S-hook and then runs around the bottom pulley and then up to and around the top one before hooking onto my weight stack which hangs straight down from the back of the chair. The interface of the hanger and the cord is just via the S-hook so the hanger is free to rotate since the paracord doesn't have torsional rigidity. I'd post a picture if I knew how.
                    Last edited by steven; 12-31-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

steven,

>The pulley system merely consists of a pulley at the bottom center of the back of my chair and another pulley at the top center. A cord attaches to your hanger S-hook and then runs around the bottom pulley and then up to and around the top one before hooking onto my weight stack which hangs straight down from the back of the chair. The interface of the hanger and the cord is just via the S-hook so the hanger is free to rotate. I'd post a picture if I knew how.<

IF you wish to email it, that is fine. Or you can post it in the pictures section. Just hit the camera icon in the reply window to copy it from your hard drive.

I would have to see it to be sure. But if I understand correctly, all you need to do is turn to the right while seated. If you are sitting up straight, then turning in your chair to the right should force the outer shaft over to the right of your inner shaft.

Bigger

Comment

steven,

Wow, not sure what to say about your setup. You obviously put a lot of thought into it. But the Bibs were not designed to be used like that. I am not sure it would be effective.

The only thing I can recommend as far as using that system, and the bump, is to learn how to do it hanging normal BTC. Just a few sets. See what it is like to hang with the outer shaft on the right side of the inner shaft. Then you can try to replicate it with your system. Turning to the right, toward the camera, in your picture, is about all I can see that would do it. You may have to turn all the way to the side, 90 degrees, to get the outer shaft over. Then once it pops over, you can turn back to face straight.

Then, if it were me, rather than use that system, I would work on making a comfortable setup, that did not hurt my back, to use the hanger as designed. If you get the right chair, and support your back in the correct spots, you should not have any issues using the hanger as designed. I had severe back problems for years before hanging, and worked out how to do it.

I cannot say for sure, but it appears your biggest issue may be that you are hanging with little to no gap between the head and hanger. With that setup, it is probably really hard to keep up with what is going on.

Bigger

Comment

So I went back to hanging BTC the normal way and did as you said. With just a slight shift/roll of my body, I felt that bump you are talking about. And sure enough, the hanger rotated slightly to the right for the first time! I was able to replicate this body shift in my custom chair and now the hanger is ever so slightly rotated to the right if not essentially centered. In looking at the pics I sent you, I'll agree the hanger was hanging close to the head...it was a rushed setup so I could snap a pic of the setup for you to see (not an actual set).

I will say I really enjoy using the chair. I can now sit completely upright, butt completely supported in the seat, back up against the back support with good posture (and no back strain) while still getting a direct BTC pull with a neutral vertical pelvis and the angle of force pulling at around 45 degrees (skids just ever so slightly touching the cheeks). The pull feels exactly the same as in the normal way because the angles are the same but now I can sit upright and multitask more effectively.

Do you see anything about the setup that would make it less effective than hanging BTC the normal way...other than it being a little more difficult to keep an eye on things down there? I'm pretty dexterous so I can reach down and feel the different parts of the setup to make sure everything is where it needs to be. In fact, I am very vigilant for glans numbness/coolness so I'm constantly reach down and checking.

Comment

steven,

>So I went back to hanging BTC the normal way and did as you said. With just a slight shift/roll of my body, I felt that bump you are talking about. And sure enough, the hanger rotated slightly to the right for the first time! I was able to replicate this body shift in my custom chair and now the hanger is ever so slightly rotated to the right if not essentially centered. In looking at the pics I sent you,<

That is great.

>I'll agree the hanger was hanging close to the head...it was a rushed setup so I could snap a pic of the setup for you to see (not an actual set).<

OK, be sure you are hanging with at least a quarter inch gap between head and hanger, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft.

>Do you see anything about the setup that would make it less effective than hanging BTC the normal way...other than it being a little more difficult to keep an eye on things down there? I'm pretty dexterous so I can reach down and feel the different parts of the setup to make sure everything is where it needs to be. In fact, I am very vigilant for glans numbness/coolness so I'm constantly reach down and checking.<

My problem with it would be reducing or adding weight during a set. I do not see how you can do that very efficiently. I liked to hang while in fatigue as many minutes as possible. That would sometimes, perhaps usually, mean starting a set with more weight than I could handle for very long. Then, I would have to reduce fairly quickly, sometimes several times during a set.

Bigger

Comment

My problem with it would be reducing or adding weight during a set. I do not see how you can do that very efficiently. I liked to hang while in fatigue as many minutes as possible. That would sometimes, perhaps usually, mean starting a set with more weight than I could handle for very long. Then, I would have to reduce fairly quickly, sometimes several times during a set.
                              It's actually extremely easy for me to change the weight with that configuration. Those weights hanging from the back are ankle weights with 0.5 lb inserts. I don't even need to get up from the chair or disconnect the pulley from the hanger. All I do is reach around to the ankle weights and put them on my lap as I remove the inserts.

Comment

Working...
                              X