No announcement yet.

Steven's thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll hold the shaft straight and fully tighten the hanger down, as soon as I let off my left thumb pressure, my glans is twisted one direction or the other. I imagine my bottom gap is wide enough bc my top teeth are nearly meshed when fully tightened. I'm emailing you pics now. The pics were taken after hanging a set.

Comment

steven,

YOU MUST GET THE EXCESS BLOOD OUT BEFORE YOU TIGHTEN THE HANGER...YOU CANNOT CONTINUE TO HANG LIKE THAT.

STOP IT.

The turn is not critical. But you are not low enough in the shaft well. Also, you have not tightened enough in those pictures.

You may need to send me a video of your attachment and tightening process. I need to see exactly when the shaft is turning.

Are you holding the shaft straight, lifting up on the hanger, pushing down with your left thumb, through the entire tightening process?

Bigger

Comment

Ok, I'm not sure how else to get the excess blood out if I'm pushing down with my left thumb and pulling the hanger up and forward with the palm/fingers of my left hand all while tightening with the right hand. If it's any reassurance, I palpate the glans throughout a set to ensure it's not getting tense/cold/numb. It hasn't been. Sometimes it remains more supple than others, but it's never really tense/cold/numb. I hung a few more sets between my last post, but this time I exaggerated the left thumb pressure and upward hanger pressure (used a good bit of force). Getting less twisting this time around. I'll take post-hanging pics for you to see this time along with a video of the tightening process.

Pics/Vid sent.
        Last edited by steven; 03-07-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

steven,

>Ok, I'm not sure how else to get the excess blood out if I'm pushing down with my left thumb and pulling the hanger up and forward with the palm/fingers of my left hand all while tightening with the right hand. <

You do it BEFORE the tightening process begins.

When you first attach the hanger, before tightening much, if at all, you need to push it all the way to the head, and allow the excess blood to move past the wrap. If it cannot, then either your wrap is too tight, you tightened the hanger too much before pushing forward, or a combination.

If you still cannot get out the excess blood, then squeeze the head and upper shaft, and get out most of the blood, before you push the hanger forward. If that does not work, let me know.

After pushing forward, hold it there a minute, until all the excess blood is removed. Then use your left thumb to reestablish the gap between head and hanger, as you go through the tightening process.

You want to push down/forward with your left thumb, on the shaft, between head and hanger, while you are lifting up on the hanger with your left palm, as you tighten the hanger with your right hand. This will force the shaft low in the shaft well, and keep the excess blood from returning. While waiting between tightening periods, hold forward pressure on the hanger, to keep excess blood from returning. When you finish tightening, the head should be flaccid, and the hanger tight.

From the time you remove the excess blood, until the set is over, you need some forward pressure, to keep the blood from returning.

>If it's any reassurance, I palpate the glans throughout a set to ensure it's not getting tense/cold/numb. It hasn't been. Sometimes it remains more supple than others, but it's never really tense/cold/numb. <

All of that is fine, but it does not matter going forward. You MUST learn to do this correctly. Also, doing it correctly will keep the shaft from turning.

The more weight you hang, the more internal blood pressure you are going to generate, with that much blood in the head. It will also hurt EQ, and cause numbness eventually.

Bigger

Comment

I've heard you describe this technique of ridding excess blood to other people, but I couldn't quite understand it. Now that it pertains to me, I think I follow what you're saying. Plus, as you know, I've also been having EQ issues...perhaps this is the reason for it. Other than the blood extraction process, is my video demonstrating the proper tightening process? I sped up to keep the video short. Normally, I pause every now and then to allow the the hanger teeth to mesh with my internal structures.

Comment

steven,

Video comments:

After you attach the hanger, squeeze the two sides together with your left hand, as you spin the top wing nut down with your right hand. Then push the hanger all the way to the head, if not on it. All the excess blood should move past the wrap and hanger. THEN begin the tightening process.

The shaft is fairly straight in the video, after you tighten. But of course, that is not the full tightening process. I suppose you shortened it for the video, and that is why there is no pulse pushing, retightening, etc?

Anyway, when you push the hanger to the head to remove excess blood, you should actually see the shaft/head straight, if it is not straight already. Then, while tightening, you must hold the shaft straight. If the shaft attempts to turn, you must correct the pressure on the bottom of the hanger, with your left palm. Do this BEFORE the shaft begins to turn.

Looking again, I can see the shaft trying to turn to the left early. So, you put more pressure on the right side of the shaft, with your left thumb. You can also turn the hanger slightly to the left, while pushing on the right side of the shaft.

It is not a passive process. YOU need to keep it straight.

Bigger
              Last edited by Bib; 03-07-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Hung several more sets incorporating the blood extraction process. It has definitely reduced the buildup in the glans, but I'm still unable to keep the glans lined up straight by the end of the tightening process no matter how I try to manipulate pressure on the shaft or hanger alignment. By the end of a hanging set, my glans is sitting anywhere from 25-40 degrees to the left. However, the pull feels pretty uniform and symmetric...should I stop sweating the details and leave well enough alone?

Comment

steven,

>Hung several more sets incorporating the blood extraction process. It has definitely reduced the buildup in the glans, but I'm still unable to keep the glans lined up straight by the end of the tightening process no matter how I try to manipulate pressure on the shaft or hanger alignment. By the end of a hanging set, my glans is sitting anywhere from 25-40 degrees to the left. However, the pull feels pretty uniform and symmetric...should I stop sweating the details and leave well enough alone?<

Never.

You are going to hang every day. So every day, you try to get better. If it always goes to the left, then try attaching a little to the right. Then, every set, try to do better with the tightening.

I have not seen any great turning, and you will never get it perfect. You do not have to do so. But you always want to refine your technique, so that you can hang more weight when needed. Part of that is in the excess blood removal, and tightening process.

Bigger

Comment

Well I will always aim for 100% perfect alignment, but to this point, I haven't been able to achieve it. It always ends up in that range of 25-40 degrees to the left. With even the slightest compensation to the right, the hanger will end up 40-60 degrees rotated to the right. It's essentially a one way or the other ordeal without middle ground. As I mentioned before, I suspect my corpus cavernosa aren't cooperating by compressing perfectly and equally from the superiolateral sides. I think they are at first compressing equally into each other, but then something happens as I tighten further and they roll (or partially roll) on top of each other causing the glans to rotate. And this happens even while I'm pressing down hard with my left thumb and lifting the hanger with significant effort.

At the end of a set, when I look down and see my glans is only rotated around 30 degrees, I'm pretty satisfied. I hope that's within tolerable limits? Glans is now much more flaccid with the blood removal process.
                    Last edited by steven; 03-08-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

steven,

>At the end of a set, when I look down and see my glans is only rotated around 30 degrees, I'm pretty satisfied. I hope that's within tolerable limits? Glans is now much more flaccid with the blood removal process.<

Anything less than 45 degrees is fine physiologically. But, do not stop working on it.

Bigger

Comment

Knock on wood, but I think it's finally coming together. I've incorporated all your suggestions to date, and I finally think I'm properly attaching the hanger. I didn't realize how tight the hanger needs to be cinched down to truly grab onto the internals. I think I've been compensating all this time for an under tightened hanger by altering wrap technique, allowing blood to accumulate in the glans, and positioning my shaft improperly in the well. Now that I'm really clamping the hanger down, it doesn't shift at all towards the glans when weight is applied. I'm still getting a slight twist, but I'll keep working on that. Thank you for all your help and patience with my questions.

Comment

steven,

That sounds great.

Bigger

Comment

With the increased hanger tightness or perhaps increased weight (15.5 lbs), I’m noticing some skin tear on the left side of my shaft essentially right under the last proximal “finger” of the hanger. The skin tear isn’t at the base of my shaft. Is this normal once hanging at higher weights without using an underwrap? I use some baby powder and theraband only.

Comment

steven,

>With the increased hanger tightness or perhaps increased weight (15.5 lbs), I’m noticing some skin tear on the left side of my shaft essentially right under the last proximal “finger” of the hanger. The skin tear isn’t at the base of my shaft. Is this normal once hanging at higher weights without using an underwrap?<

It is not normal. But it is not abnormal either. I had skin stretch/tears, up my shaft from time to time. I stretched a lot of skin.

>I use some baby powder and theraband only.<

Do NOT use baby powder on the shaft before wrapping.. If anything, rub in a bit of Vaseline and wipe off any excess before wrapping. Also, if you retalc the Theraband, do not use an excessive amount, and wipe off the excess talc.

Also, be sure to never use corn starch. Use actual talc.

Bigger

Comment

Doesn’t your theraband get all gunked up with Vaseline after repeated use?

Comment

Working...
                                X