Blisters help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blisters help

I resumed hanging after a while, previously reached 6.25lb with sock hanger.
    started with sunday last week, first session with 1.25 lbs 3 sets. next day 1.25 lbs 3 sets + 2.5 lbs 1sets, then 2.5lbs rest of the week 6 sets.
    today I bumped to 3.75 lbs and saw 4 small blisters, still dark red.
    I have stopped hanging for now, what should I do to heal faster? please suggest.

devilrider,

>started with sunday last week, first session with 1.25 lbs 3 sets. next day 1.25 lbs 3 sets + 2.5 lbs 1sets, then 2.5lbs rest of the week 6 sets.<

I am not sure what that is about. Why are you not following the stress progression in the NOS email?

>today I bumped to 3.75 lbs and saw 4 small blisters, still dark red.<

Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those.

>I have stopped hanging for now, what should I do to heal faster? please suggest.<

Do NOT stop hanging. You will heal whether you are hanging or not.

LEARN how to hang correctly, and keep hanging. Fix your technique.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks Bib for quick reply. They have flattened out now, still massaging with arnica. I noticed them after 4th set.
      Will be extra sure I squeeze top of head after wrap to drain blood. I use combination of silicon sleeve + theraband for wrap.
      I attach hanger close to the base, should I move it closer to head?

Comment

devilrider,

>Will be extra sure I squeeze top of head after wrap to drain blood.<

When you first attach the hanger, before tightening much, if at all, you need to push it all the way to the head, and allow the excess blood to move past the wrap. If it cannot, then either your wrap is too tight, you tightened the hanger too much before pushing forward, or a combination.

If you still cannot get out the excess blood, then squeeze the head and upper shaft, and get out most of the blood, before you push the hanger forward. If that does not work, let me know.

After pushing forward, hold it there a minute, until all the excess blood is removed. Then use your left thumb to reestablish the gap between head and hanger, as you go through the tightening process.

You want to push down/forward with your left thumb, on the shaft, between head and hanger, while you are lifting up on the hanger with your left palm, as you tighten the hanger with your right hand. This will force the shaft low in the shaft well, and keep the excess blood from returning. While waiting between tightening periods, hold forward pressure on the hanger, to keep excess blood from returning. When you finish tightening, the head should be flaccid, and the hanger tight.

From the time you remove the excess blood, until the set is over, you need some forward pressure, to keep the blood from returning.

>I use combination of silicon sleeve + theraband for wrap.<

Not sure how that will work. It may be too much bulk for the hanger to effectively grasp the internals, and prevent slipping. Get it fixed before you continue to move up in weight. Very important.

>I attach hanger close to the base, should I move it closer to head?<

You will not be successful attaching at the base. Did you read the product guide at bibhanger.com?

Depending on your length, you need to attach in the normal range. That is from .5 inch to 1.5 inches behind the coronal ridge.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
        X