Started too heavy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started too heavy?

I'm about one month into hanging. I started out at 2.5 lbs, went to 3.5 within a week, and then went to 5 from there. Instead of waiting a week to add a set, I added a set every day. Within my third week, I was hanging 5 lbs. for 6 sets a night. I read a thread where I saw that you advised that people only go up one set a week. I have since gone back to three sets, at 5 lbs., and plan to go up one set a week.

The issue is that I feel like I could do more. I reach fatigue, but by the 2nd/ 3rd set, it doesn't feel quite as sore. So, for the future, when I do end up moving up in weight, should I always start with three sets and then go up one set a week? I have enough time to do six sets, but this would mean 1 lb. a month of progression. Is this overkill? That seems like a slow pace.

Also, I've switched up my wrapping technique to be significantly looser. I experimented for a week and was wrapping quite tightly. After unwrapping, however, I noticed significantly more girth with a tighter wrap than the looser wrap I am using now. Should I go back to wrapping tightly? Neither way of wrapping makes much difference in terms of comfort. I have noticed, however, that with a looser wrap I feel more of a stretch on my pelvis, whereas with a tighter wrap most of the stretch was only on my unit. The shaft is sore to the touch using either wrap.

Also, I used to do all of my sets BTC, then end with an SD set. I've since stopped doing the SD set, would that explain the change in soreness?
    Last edited by CPO Casey Ryback; 05-28-2018, 06:29 AM.

CPO Casey Ryback,

>I'm about one month into hanging. I started out at 2.5 lbs, went to 3.5 within a week, and then went to 5 from there. Instead of waiting a week to add a set, I added a set every day. Within my third week, I was hanging 5 lbs. for 6 sets a night. I read a thread where I saw that you advised that people only go up one set a week. I have since gone back to three sets, at 5 lbs., and plan to go up one set a week.<

First, did you get the NOS email, that contains the stress progression?

Yes, you moved up way too quickly. If you do not have the NOS email, write to me for another.

>The issue is that I feel like I could do more. I reach fatigue, but by the 2nd/ 3rd set, it doesn't feel quite as sore.<

You do not move up slow because of the collagenous tissues. You must move up slowly so the soft tissues have time to adapt to the stresses.

>So, for the future, when I do end up moving up in weight, should I always start with three sets and then go up one set a week? I have enough time to do six sets, but this would mean 1 lb. a month of progression. Is this overkill? That seems like a slow pace.<

None of that is true. Just get the NOS email.

>Also, I've switched up my wrapping technique to be significantly looser. I experimented for a week and was wrapping quite tightly. After unwrapping, however, I noticed significantly more girth with a tighter wrap than the looser wrap I am using now. Should I go back to wrapping tightly? <

No.

>Also, I used to do all of my sets BTC, then end with an SD set. I've since stopped doing the SD set, would that explain the change in soreness?<

It could.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
      CPO Casey Ryback,

>I'm about one month into hanging. I started out at 2.5 lbs, went to 3.5 within a week, and then went to 5 from there. Instead of waiting a week to add a set, I added a set every day. Within my third week, I was hanging 5 lbs. for 6 sets a night. I read a thread where I saw that you advised that people only go up one set a week. I have since gone back to three sets, at 5 lbs., and plan to go up one set a week.<

First, did you get the NOS email, that contains the stress progression?

Yes, you moved up way too quickly. If you do not have the NOS email, write to me for another.

>The issue is that I feel like I could do more. I reach fatigue, but by the 2nd/ 3rd set, it doesn't feel quite as sore.<

You do not move up slow because of the collagenous tissues. You must move up slowly so the soft tissues have time to adapt to the stresses.

>So, for the future, when I do end up moving up in weight, should I always start with three sets and then go up one set a week? I have enough time to do six sets, but this would mean 1 lb. a month of progression. Is this overkill? That seems like a slow pace.<

None of that is true. Just get the NOS email.

>Also, I've switched up my wrapping technique to be significantly looser. I experimented for a week and was wrapping quite tightly. After unwrapping, however, I noticed significantly more girth with a tighter wrap than the looser wrap I am using now. Should I go back to wrapping tightly? <

No.

>Also, I used to do all of my sets BTC, then end with an SD set. I've since stopped doing the SD set, would that explain the change in soreness?<

It could.

Bigger
      Yep, I've recieved the NOS email. It say's that after I reach my time maximum, I can begin to add weight each week. So, say I go to up 6 lbs. from my current 5 lbs. after I've gotten to six sets, would I then go ahead with six sets at 6 lbs?

Comment

CPO Casey Ryback,

>Yep, I've recieved the NOS email. It say's that after I reach my time maximum, I can begin to add weight each week. So, say I go to up 6 lbs. from my current 5 lbs. after I've gotten to six sets, would I then go ahead with six sets at 6 lbs?<

That is fine. A little more than 15%. But it should be ok.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
        X