Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke's Thread

Hi Bib,

I've been hanging SD for roughly 4.5 months now and I'm up to 10.5lbs @ 3-6 sets per day, and while I'm yet to achieve any erect gains my BPSFL has increased, which leads me to believe an increase in BPEL is close by. My problem is that I'm off on holiday soon for 7 days and I don't want to interrupt my progress too much. Realistically I can probably dedicate about 30 mins per day to some form of PE while I'm away. While this isn't ideal, it's obviously better than taking the time off completely. Ultimately I want to pause my progress, not reverse it if that makes sense.

What would you recommend I do? I do own a Phallosan ADS although I wont be able to wear this 'all day' considering I'll be on a beach most of the time. I also have a bathpump and an air pump that I could take.

Many thanks,

Luke

luke,

>I've been hanging SD for roughly 4.5 months now<

No BTC? Why is that?

>and I'm up to 10.5lbs @ 3-6 sets per day<
    That is a big range there. Can you be more consistent?

>and while I'm yet to achieve any erect gains my BPSFL has increased, which leads me to believe an increase in BPEL is close by.<

The BPFSL gains are good. But just to be sure, are you reaching fatigue early in your sessions, and riding the fatigue throughout?

>My problem is that I'm off on holiday soon for 7 days and I don't want to interrupt my progress too much. Realistically I can probably dedicate about 30 mins per day to some form of PE while I'm away. While this isn't ideal, it's obviously better than taking the time off completely. Ultimately I want to pause my progress, not reverse it if that makes sense.

What would you recommend I do? I do own a Phallosan ADS although I wont be able to wear this 'all day' considering I'll be on a beach most of the time. I also have a bathpump and an air pump that I could take.<

If you cannot hang for at least one set per day, about all you can do is manually stretch. If possible, you might wrap to remain extended, but that might be tough on the beach, getting wet, etc.

Bigger

Comment

- No BTC? Why is that?
      I'm doing all my hanging while at a computer chair, which I guess is BTC, although it is not an extreme BTC (i.e. sitting at very edge and leaning back).

- and I'm up to 10.5lbs @ 3-6 sets per day. That is a big range there. Can you be more consistent? I'll try. I usually do 3 sets per session, and aim to do 2 sessions on days I am at home (usually 4 days per week). Would you recommend I aim for say 4 or 5 sessions every day instead?

- The BPFSL gains are good. But just to be sure, are you reaching fatigue early in your sessions, and riding the fatigue throughout?
      I'm yet to reach fatigue at all. I've progressed very slowly in weight out of caution and technique issues. I get a fair bit of discoloration on my foreskin and slight pain towards the end of the set which seems to be my limiting factor at the moment, and has only marginally improved despite following instructions correctly (I believe anyway). I think I have problem gripping the internals properly. If there's a bit of blood in the head it sits fine, but discoloration occurs. With little blood in the head the hanger just slips down over my foreskin and pinches anyway. Is my foreskin the problem? It is very long.

-If you cannot hang for at least one set per day, about all you can do is manually stretch. If possible, you might wrap to remain extended, but that might be tough on the beach, getting wet, etc.
      I'll aim to manually stretch as often as possible while I'm away.

Thanks,

Luke

Comment

luke,

>I'm doing all my hanging while at a computer chair, which I guess is BTC, although it is not an extreme BTC (i.e. sitting at very edge and leaning back).<

Well, BTC is the most intense of the lower angles. It is supposed to be fairly extreme.

>- and I'm up to 10.5lbs @ 3-6 sets per day. That is a big range there. Can you be more consistent? I'll try. I usually do 3 sets per session, and aim to do 2 sessions on days I am at home (usually 4 days per week). Would you recommend I aim for say 4 or 5 sessions every day instead?<

The days where you can do two sessions of three sets, that is great. Then the other days, try to get in five sets in your single session.

>I'm yet to reach fatigue at all. I've progressed very slowly in weight out of caution and technique issues. I get a fair bit of discoloration on my foreskin and slight pain towards the end of the set which seems to be my limiting factor at the moment, and has only marginally improved despite following instructions correctly (I believe anyway).<

Send me the four technique pictures for evaluation. I will see if I spot anything.

>I think I have problem gripping the internals properly. If there's a bit of blood in the head it sits fine, but discoloration occurs. With little blood in the head the hanger just slips down over my foreskin and pinches anyway. Is my foreskin the problem? It is very long.<

No. The foreskin, wrap...none of that matters in the ability of the hanger to grasp the internals, unless you use way too much wrap. You probably just need to take a bit more time tightening the hanger. Wait a couple more periods holding forward pressure, and put a bit more tightening on the top bolt. It can also be the hanger not adjusted properly. I would need the technique pics for that.

Bigger

Comment

luke,

Your wrapped bundle looks OK, solid and stable. But be sure to start that first pass toward the head, straight across. You do not start with a spiral.

You probably need to start your wrap a bit further back from the head. In the correct wrap picture, where you are stretching out from the head, your thumb is across the foreskin area. So, I am not sure how far back that is. When you wrap, just pull the foreskin back enough to grasp the actual head, and start your wrap about an inch behind the coronal ridge.

Having said that, your hanger attachment point looks great. In the hanging picture, your hanger is well back from the leading edge of the wrap, and there is a fair gap between your head and hanger. You appear to have formed the shoulders of the head in that picture.

All of your problems can most likely be found in the fact that you are using the hanger incorrectly. Your top gap is way larger than your bottom gap. It is supposed to be the opposite.

You may or may not have the correct amount of WFG, wrapped flaccid girth. But your bottom hex nut adjustments need to be moved way out. The top bolt digging into the top of your shaft is very bad. Also, with that configuration, your bottom chamber is receiving way too much stress, and creating too much pressure, causing discoloration.

So, you need to experiment, trial and error, moving the bottom hex nut adjustments out several turns. You want the top teeth to be slightly meshed, but with enough room to tighten more if needed, when the hanger is very tight. It should only take a few tries to get in the ballpark.

Then, I need to see the four technique pictures again, to see how that WFG works. I can tell you then if you need more or less.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks Bib, this is incredibly helpful and quite a relief to hear as I was at a loss as to where I was failing. I never gave much thought to adjusting the bottom hex nuts THAT much. It makes a lot of sense considering the worst of my discoloration is on the underside of the penis. I'll do some experimentation tomorrow and let you know how I get on. I have the potential to hang significantly more sets than I'm currently able once I can achieve a comfortable set up.

Are you able to provide any analysis of the mirror test pictures I sent and how much potential for lig gains you think I may have? My lot is 07.30-8.00.

Cheers

Comment

luke,

>Are you able to provide any analysis of the mirror test pictures I sent and how much potential for lig gains you think I may have? My lot is 07.30-8.00.<

Sorry, I did not realize those were mirror test pics.

Your skin exit point is medium. You have good potential for gains from lig stretch, and you need to hang at the lower angles for a long while. Especially BTC.

I would estimate your LOT to be 9 or a bit higher. Remember, your LOT is when you FIRST SEE a REDUCTION in tugback. That is when your ligs begin to engage, and take the stress.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bib,

Yesterday was may first day back hanging after a week off on holiday. After wrapping and attaching the hanger (using the new set up as advised by yourself), I felt a little bit of pain on the left top side of the attachment area even before I tightened the hanger. I managed to hang 4 sets with a much reduced weight but with some discomfort, more of an annoying pain than anything. I've never experienced pain in this area before and I had been hanging comfortably prior to my break, so I am confident my technique was good. After two sets I re-wrapped to try and remedy the situation but felt the same pain again. Today I have a strange swelling in this area and looks like edema. The skin is mushy and no veins are visible. There is no pain in the area whatsoever but I imagine if there was significant pressure from the hanger then it might be painful. I have never experienced edema on the mid shaft before, only around the head (from pumping in the past).

Is this normal? Would you advise I wait for this to heal or keep hanging? I can't understand how this has happened as the pain first arose when I attached the hanger without even tightening. The only thing I can guess has caused the original injury was the use of a metal cock ring a few days ago which was too tight and caused some pain (bad mistake). Perhaps this caused a small underlying injury in the area which has been compounded by the hanger.

I hope this makes sense. As you can probably tell I'm quite confused!

Thanks

Comment

luke,

>Yesterday was may first day back hanging after a week off on holiday. After wrapping and attaching the hanger (using the new set up as advised by yourself), I felt a little bit of pain on the left top side of the attachment area even before I tightened the hanger. I managed to hang 4 sets with a much reduced weight but with some discomfort, more of an annoying pain than anything. I've never experienced pain in this area before and I had been hanging comfortably prior to my break, so I am confident my technique was good. After two sets I re-wrapped to try and remedy the situation but felt the same pain again. Today I have a strange swelling in this area and looks like edema. The skin is mushy and no veins are visible. There is no pain in the area whatsoever but I imagine if there was significant pressure from the hanger then it might be painful. I have never experienced edema on the mid shaft before, only around the head (from pumping in the past).<

OK, any time you take off for a week, you are going to lose soft tissue conditioning. Most guys, being guys, say to hell with it and start back at the same weight. Sometimes the old weight even feels light, since there is not much intensity from pulling out adhesions. Most previous deformation will have healed in a week.

You will need to drop back in the amount you tighten, and the amount you hang. If you started back with too much too soon, you need to take it even easier, and recondition.

>Is this normal?<

After a break? That is probably the time when most guys screw up, and do not take enough time to recondition.

>Would you advise I wait for this to heal or keep hanging?<

It will heal whether you hang or not. So, you might as well drop way back in tightening and weight, and begin the reconditioning process.

>I can't understand how this has happened as the pain first arose when I attached the hanger without even tightening.<

OK, that would not be normal. I have never heard of it. If you did not even tighten, what force could have caused injury or pain?

>The only thing I can guess has caused the original injury was the use of a metal cock ring a few days ago which was too tight and caused some pain (bad mistake). Perhaps this caused a small underlying injury in the area which has been compounded by the hanger.<

I cannot speculate.

>I hope this makes sense. As you can probably tell I'm quite confused!<

Me too. With what you laid out, I have nothing concrete to offer. I never heard of a hanging injury occurring without a force being applied.

Bigger

Comment

Bib,

OK, so the edema injury passed after a couple of days and all has been fine ever since. Actually, I've experienced my best week by far since starting in February. Yesterday I reached fatigue with 13lbs at the start of my third set and then dropped the weight to 11lbs and was able to hang for a further 2 sets. This was the first time I've ever felt any discomfort in my ligs. In the past my head would always be the limiting factor preventing me from reaching proper fatigue as well as causing pain. Combined with better hanger set up/attachment, I've also started wrapping less tightly than before, and I am now experiencing almost zero mottling/bruising around my head and foreskin, which had often been a major issue for me. Some discoloration from previous poor technique persists and I am rescinded to fact it will probably stay as long as I'm hanging.

So to summarize: technique feels good / no more pain/bruising to the head / finally reaching fatigue. I couldn't be happier! This has been a very long learning curve for me but hopefully now I'm in a strong position to gain. I only wish I joined the forum when I first started instead of wasting 4 months giving myself semi-permanent discoloration.

Considering I reached fatigue in my third set, do you think I should increase the weight or continue with 13lbs for a full week? Also, having reached fatigue by how much should I drop the weight for preceding sets that day?

Many thanks again for your help,

Luke

Comment

luke,

I only wish I joined the forum when I first started instead of wasting 4 months giving myself semi-permanent discoloration.<

Congratulations on getting your technique down. Better late than never.

>Considering I reached fatigue in my third set, do you think I should increase the weight or continue with 13lbs for a full week?<

I am not clear about what you have done. So you should have a day of the week that is your decision day. Generally the day you started. IF you move up in weight, or move up a set on that day, then you wait a full week before you add any more stress. A maximum of 15%, in weight, for that week.

IF you are not reaching fatigue until the third set, then you surely want to move up a bit in weight for the next week. No more than 15%.

Be sure to check your technique, make sure it is good enough, and the hanger is tight enough, for the new stress.

>Also, having reached fatigue by how much should I drop the weight for preceding sets that day?<

Once again, I have no idea what that means. When you reach fatigue, you ride it. You stay at the same weight for that set, or if you cannot handle that weight because of intensity, reduce weight just enough to remain comfortable.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. 13lbs is my new max weight then which I will stay at until the start of next week. I've been riding the fatigue over the last few days and have begun to feel a very mild soreness in the ligs which is good. My glans and foreskin are still free from bruising and old discoloration is beginning to clear up.

Unfortunately I have started to encounter another issue. It's two steps forwards one step back with me sadly! The skin at the attachment point has become rather raw and inflamed, leading to a small amount of flaking. I am using vaseline when I'm not hanging which does seem to help, however the discomfort has increased significantly over the last few days and now feels like a burning sensation, which is very painful. I can reduce the weight to alleviate the worst of the pain but now I am only able to hang at 75% of my max weight, while I feel my ligs could handle a bit more even in their fatigued state.

Obviously I dont want to take any time off again but I'm not sure how else the skin will heal. Is it normal to experience skin issues at the attachment point? Is this a result of an increase in weight and thus the skin simply conditioning itself to the new stress? I have changed my base wrap from a cleaning cloth to t-shirt material today which feels better but still not 100%. I guess this is all part of the learning curve with hanging!

Thanks as always.

Comment

luke,

>Unfortunately I have started to encounter another issue. It's two steps forwards one step back with me sadly! The skin at the attachment point has become rather raw and inflamed, leading to a small amount of flaking. I am using vaseline when I'm not hanging which does seem to help, however the discomfort has increased significantly over the last few days and now feels like a burning sensation, which is very painful. I can reduce the weight to alleviate the worst of the pain but now I am only able to hang at 75% of my max weight, while I feel my ligs could handle a bit more even in their fatigued state.<

That is not an unusual occurrence. If you are effectively deforming the tissues that restrain an erection, you are going to see issues like inflammation, some swelling, and discomfort. It happens not only in the ligs and tunica, but in the skin.

As stated in the NOS email:

Anytime you have skin irritation, do not stop hanging completely. Cut back on the number of sets and/or weight, but do not stop. If you stop, the skin will quickly lose conditioning. If you keep going, it will adapt.

>Obviously I dont want to take any time off again but I'm not sure how else the skin will heal.<

Of course it will heal, whether you hang or not. Just as with lig fatigue, you cut back on the stresses to a level you can handle, and get on with it. Try to hang your max every day. If you cannot do it, reduce until you can.

>Is it normal to experience skin issues at the attachment point?<

Of course it is. This is why you move up slowly. Moving up to 13 lbs may have been a bit too much for your current soft tissue conditioning. So, you move back down, let the skin heal a bit, then move back up.

Now, make sure your technique is good. Be sure you pull the skin back toward the base, with each pass of wrap. Keep using the Vaseline.

>Is this a result of an increase in weight and thus the skin simply conditioning itself to the new stress?<

Yes. And it is not a one time thing. It may happen many times depending on how much you need to increase, and how long you hang.

>I have changed my base wrap from a cleaning cloth to t-shirt material today which feels better but still not 100%. I guess this is all part of the learning curve with hanging!<

Well, learning curve and conditioning. Also, you might try the cloth boxing wrap in the Basics section.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bib,

The skin irritation has cleared up thankfully. I dropped the weight back from 13lbs to 9lbs for the first week since the irritation occurred, and increased to 10lbs this last week. The attachment area feels good and I am still free from any new discoloration on the foreskin and glans.

I have begun to notice a serious lack of sensitivity on the topside of my glans over the last 2 weeks however, which has shown no improvement whatsoever. As a result of this it is near impossible to reach orgasm and I can barely feel anything during sex. I assume this is a nerve problem? Penis functionality is OK but EQ is low overall, although some of this is probably mental due to anxiety and worry. I'm not experiencing any pain at all in the area but the lack improvement is becoming a serious concern for me. I'm not sure how much longer I can be patient and wait for sensitivity to return.

Is this something that should heal by itself or should I stop hanging altogether for a while and start again once fully healed? I've read reports on other forums of guys saying it can take months for nerves to heal properly, which is a major worry. I've already reduced the weight quite a bit from my previous high (which I spent many months building up to and conditioning for), so I don't feel that I have been too aggressive with my approach.

Hopefully this is not the end of my hanging career. I'm willing to push forward but so far I have only experienced multiple small injuries and no gains. The inability to properly enjoy sex has also begun to result in my partner disapproving of my hanging activity, which is a shame as she was previously very supportive!

Any advice you can provide would be great.

Thanks,

Luke

Comment

luke,

I am confused...

>I have begun to notice a serious lack of sensitivity on the topside of my glans over the last 2 weeks however, which has shown no improvement whatsoever. As a result of this it is near impossible to reach orgasm and I can barely feel anything during sex. I assume this is a nerve problem?<

First, why in the world did you wait two weeks to write to me? If it were something concerning, I would hope the first thing you would do is write.

Next, it was 17 days ago that you wrote, "So to summarize: technique feels good / no more pain/bruising to the head / finally reaching fatigue. I couldn't be happier! This has been a very long learning curve for me but hopefully now I'm in a strong position to gain."

So now, you say you have had numbness for 14 days, without getting back with me.

Then, you never sent in new technique pictures, where you fixed the stuff I recommended to fix.

If you have actually been numb for two weeks, then yes, you have most likely bruised the dorsal nerve, or more likely the nerve bundle on top of the shaft, behind the head.

The best thing to do is probably send me the four technique pictures. Perhaps I can see what is causing the numbness.

>Penis functionality is OK but EQ is low overall, although some of this is probably mental due to anxiety and worry. I'm not experiencing any pain at all in the area but the lack improvement is becoming a serious concern for me. I'm not sure how much longer I can be patient and wait for sensitivity to return.<

Well, you do not wait for it to return, but rather fix your technique. After you stop causing the problem, it will heal. There is an actual force, that is putting an actual stress, on the myelin sheath of the dorsal nerve, or that nerve bundle on top of the shaft behind the head. It is bruising that area. Stop it.

>Is this something that should heal by itself or should I stop hanging altogether for a while and start again once fully healed?<

You fix your technique, and it will be allowed to heal. If you keep hanging using technique that caused the issue in the first place, it will not get better.

If you stop hanging altogether, then you will lose soft tissue conditioning, and have to start over. You need to learn to hang without causing problems.

>I've read reports on other forums of guys saying it can take months for nerves to heal properly, which is a major worry.<

I've been in this for 20 years, and do not know of guys that took months to heal.

>Hopefully this is not the end of my hanging career. I'm willing to push forward but so far I have only experienced multiple small injuries and no gains. The inability to properly enjoy sex has also begun to result in my partner disapproving of my hanging activity, which is a shame as she was previously very supportive!<

Well, it is totally up to you. Whether you hang, or whether you hang correctly, or incorrectly. But I suggest you send more technique pictures, to see what is causing the issue.

But you need to get on with it. You seem to go from one catastrophe to another. Rather than a slow easy increase of stress, reaching and riding fatigue, etc.

Forgive me for being honest, but it seems like you are trying to PE by crisis management. Rather than being proactive in getting this right, you are seeing what the boundaries of wrong are.

Bruising, skin irritation, now numbness. You have the trifecta...now please, learn how to do this correctly.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                              X