Hanginthere1984's Hanging Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanginthere1984's Hanging Journey

Hi guys Im Hanginthere1984 and appreciate the help and camaraderie. Thank you Bib for your products, advice and patience. After about seven months of the Newbie routine, I feel I maxed out my newbie gains and was frankly getting board silly and for some reason jelqing effected my EQ. I have decided to try hanging. I especially like it for the multitasking ability and comfort so far albeit only 8 pounds after 30 days. My question is, I started week one with about 4 pounds and have added a pound a week with 4 or 5 20 min sets. Is this too much? I can feel a little fatigue but nothing a little squirming doesn't work out. I have since read 15% a week weight increase and will follow that. Also I have a purple head going part way but a squeeze seams to help a lot. My main thing is I don't want to over do it and get injured or negatively effect my EQ. As of now my EQ is much better than when jelqing. Thank you for your input.

Hanginthere1984,

>My question is, I started week one with about 4 pounds and have added a pound a week with 4 or 5 20 min sets. Is this too much?<

Well, you have been hanging for four weeks. So, if you were at five lbs, three sets after one week, you could add a set week two, another week three. That's five sets. Then you could add another lb weeks four, for six lbs.

So, you are being a tad bit agressive.

Did you get the NOS email with the stress progression?

>I can feel a little fatigue but nothing a little squirming doesn't work out.<

You should be learning how to use the hanger correctly, and conditioning soft tissues at this point.

>I have since read 15% a week weight increase and will follow that.<

You do not add sets and weight in the same week. Also, 15% is a maximum to move up each week.

>Also I have a purple head going part way but a squeeze seams to help a lot.<

Purple or red is not bad. But make sure you do not have too much excess blood in the head and upper shaft after tightening.

When you first attach the hanger, before tightening much, if at all, you need to push it all the way to the head, and allow the excess blood to move past the wrap. If it cannot, then either your wrap is too tight, you tightened the hanger too much before pushing forward, or a combination.

If you still cannot get out the excess blood, then squeeze the head and upper shaft, and get out most of the blood, before you push the hanger forward. If that does not work, let me know.

After pushing forward, hold it there a minute, until all the excess blood is removed. Then use your left thumb to reestablish the gap between head and hanger, as you go through the tightening process.

You want to push down/forward with your left thumb, on the shaft, between head and hanger, while you are lifting up on the hanger with your left palm, as you tighten the hanger with your right hand. This will force the shaft low in the shaft well, and keep the excess blood from returning. While waiting between tightening periods, hold forward pressure on the hanger, to keep excess blood from returning. When you finish tightening, the head should be flaccid, and the hanger tight.

From the time you remove the excess blood, until the set is over, you need some forward pressure, to keep the blood from returning.

>My main thing is I don't want to over do it and get injured or negatively effect my EQ. As of now my EQ is much better than when jelqing.<

When you begin reaching true fatigue, your EQ will most probably go down. Hanging produces a refraction response, much like ejaculation. So, it is normal.

EQ will most likely go up and down.

Bigger

Comment

Thank you Bib for your quick response. I didn't get the email but now I better understand the tightening sequence. Also Ill back off a few pounds till I reach 5 sets daily then add the 15%. After adding the 15% should I go straight to 5 sets or go 3 sets, 4 sets , 5sets ? That would take three weeks at each 15% weight increase?

Comment

Hanginthere1984,

>Thank you Bib for your quick response. I didn't get the email but now I better understand the tightening sequence.<

You need to email me to get the NOS email sent again.

>Also Ill back off a few pounds till I reach 5 sets daily then add the 15%. After adding the 15% should I go straight to 5 sets or go 3 sets, 4 sets , 5sets ? That would take three weeks at each 15% weight increase? <

No. You add one set each week. If you are at four sets now, and want to hang five, then add one more set. If you want to add another, wait a week. And so on.

After you have added ALL the sets you wish to add, that you will hang every day, you can begin adding weight. No more than 15% each week.

Bigger

Comment

I have reeled it in somewhat and now hanging 6.25 lbs for five sets and going to six next week. Im getting comfortable with the wrap and tightening process but noticing a slippage to my head after adding the weight. Im starting at 1/2" from the head but it still slips. Its not uncomfortable but should the hanger set that close while under load? Should I tighten the hanger more before adding weight? Also sometimes Im feeling the internals but mostly I think its skin stretch at this point. Again not too uncomfortable but Im noticing a little extra skin. Im pulling skin out of the hanger during the set up. Am I on the right path? I appreciate the input.

Comment

Hanginthere1984,

>Im getting comfortable with the wrap and tightening process but noticing a slippage to my head after adding the weight.<

Are you pulse pushing during the tightening process, in order to find the most comfortable spot upon which to attach? And pulse pushing to also find when the hanger is tight enough?

Are you going through multiple tightening rounds? Tighten up to discomfort, then wait a minute holding forward pressure, then tighten a bit more, etc?

>Im starting at 1/2" from the head but it still slips. Its not uncomfortable but should the hanger set that close while under load?<

Let's get specific:

How far back from the coronal ridge are you starting your wrap?

How far back from the leading edge of the wrap are you attaching the hanger? That is, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft.

After pulse pushing, how close is the hanger to the coronal ridge?

How far is the hanger slipping after you add the weight?

Do you have at least a quarter inch gap between the head and hanger?

>Should I tighten the hanger more before adding weight?<

I cannot know. Answer the questions above, and it will help me. As you learn, you will be able to tell how much to tighten the hanger, in order to grasp the internals sufficiently, to hold the weight you wish to hang. Any time the hanger slips over the internals, either you do not have the correct WFG, the hanger is not adjusted properly, and/or the hanger is not tight enough.

>Also sometimes Im feeling the internals but mostly I think its skin stretch at this point.<

Not unusual when just starting.

>Again not too uncomfortable but Im noticing a little extra skin. Im pulling skin out of the hanger during the set up.<

Generally, for many guys, the first thing they need to do is stretch skin.

Bigger

Comment

Are you pulse pushing during the tightening process, in order to find the most comfortable spot upon which to attach? And pulse pushing to also find when the hanger is tight enough?
              --I am now

Are you going through multiple tightening rounds? Tighten up to discomfort, then wait a minute holding forward pressure, then tighten a bit more, etc?
              --Yes

Let's get specific:

How far back from the coronal ridge are you starting your wrap?
              --About a 3/8 inch. Keep in mind after the wrap and hanger attachment there isn't much to work with.

How far back from the leading edge of the wrap are you attaching the hanger? That is, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft.
              --1/4 , here again not much to work with

After pulse pushing, how close is the hanger to the coronal ridge?
              --1/2 inch after plus push, re-tighten etc

How far is the hanger slipping after you add the weight?
              --1/4 inch

Do you have at least a quarter inch gap between the head and hanger?
              --yes

I cannot know. Answer the questions above, and it will help me. As you learn, you will be able to tell how much to tighten the hanger, in order to grasp the internals sufficiently, to hold the weight you wish to hang. Any time the hanger slips over the internals, either you do not have the correct WFG, the hanger is not adjusted properly, and/or the hanger is not tight enough.

--If i use the 24" t shirt material and therawrap, its very difficult to put the hanger on initially. It's doable but a little frustrating and boogers up my neat wrap before the hanger is on. Im thinking less wrap (18") or replace the top 21/2" bolt to 3".

>Also sometimes Im feeling the internals but mostly I think its skin stretch at this point.<
              --After making wrap adjustments Im feeling less skin stretch and more pull near pubic bone up to my lower belly.
              Also not so purple head after these adjustments. However when I torque the hanger to feel just the internals, my urethra stings a little weirdly. So I back it off.
              I now understand the conditioning part or hanging and how important it is to go slow.
              Im beginning to see why it takes months to get to the weight to feel the real fatigue necessary to gain.

Thanks Bigger for the adjustment pointers.

Comment

Hanginthere1984,

>Do you have at least a quarter inch gap between the head and hanger?
                --yes<

Then more than likely, the hanger moving down a quarter is not too bad. It could be simply bunching of the internals, forming the shoulders.

But, you obviously have an issue with too much wrap, which can affect the hangers ability to grasp the internals.

>--If i use the 24" t shirt material and therawrap, its very difficult to put the hanger on initially.<

I guess so! That sounds like an awful lot of wrap.

>It's doable but a little frustrating and boogers up my neat wrap before the hanger is on. Im thinking less wrap (18") or replace the top 21/2" bolt to 3".<

Use less wrap. Any time you believe you need to replace a hanger part with something else, more than likely you are not using it correctly.

>>Also sometimes Im feeling the internals but mostly I think its skin stretch at this point.<
                --After making wrap adjustments Im feeling less skin stretch and more pull near pubic bone up to my lower belly.<

OK. But please realize, if you wish to make significant gains, you will need to stretch a significant amount of skin.

Bigger

Comment

What a difference less wrap makes! HAHA for a few days there I thought I needed the next size hanger. For some reason the weight doesn't feel as heavy but
                  Im not going to jump past the recommended 15% increase. Last thing I want is a sore pee hole or worse. Thanks Bigger for the patience.

Comment

Its been about a month since I started using the Bib. I have followed instruction as best I can. The hanger feels like it is grabbing the internals when I pulse push or if I pull straight out. However, BTC I feel skin stretch but cant really feel the internals. The burn goes away in a few minutes. I am noticing more skin growth. Also I read to mount the hanger away from base to avoid excessive skin stretch and more internal stretch but If I do that I encroach on my head. Doesn't bother me now but why is it bad to have hanger close to head? Thank you.

Comment

Hanginthere1984,

>Also I read to mount the hanger away from base to avoid excessive skin stretch and more internal stretch but If I do that I encroach on my head. Doesn't bother me now but why is it bad to have hanger close to head?<

You need to stretch skin, in order to make gains. But not only skin. If you have only skin stretch when attaching in the normal range, then you probably need to do some dedicated skin stretch. That is, attaching a half inch back from the normal range, and NOT tightening enough to grasp the internals. It generally takes 1-2 weeks to stretch enough skin with which to work.

You always want at least a quarter inch gap between the coronal ridge and hanger. That is how the hanger was designed. There is a nerve bundle on top of the shaft, right behind the head, that needs to be avoided. IF you bruise that nerve bundle, you will have numbness. That is why there is a V formed by the two sides, in front, when the hanger is closed.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                      X