Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulieís progress log

My Bib arrived today
    only had an hour or so to play around with it.. But got my wrap done, bib adjusted and hung 5lbs SD FOR 10mins or so...
    seemed to go pretty well canít wait to get this party started.

paul

Hey bib

im into my 5th week hanging... so far so good!
    this is a practise experimental period for me as i have a 2 week vacation booked on the 10th of jan to escape the British weather, at which time Iíll be 9 weeks into hanging..

about me...
    40yrs old, uncut, rough stats are 5.5 nbpel 4.5 ebg.
    I will take accurate measurements when I begin for real at the end of January.
    goal for now is 7.5 EL Iím only 5ft 5Ē and slim I donít actually want it to reach my knee!! Lol

No previouse PE

reading and researching threads for hours everyday and over coming minor obstacles thus far from advise previously given by yourself.

wrapping with hayabusa and grey Tband
    currently upto 7 sets back to back BTC,
    strarted at 2kg will stick with this until I reach 10 sets.
    Im hanging Monday to Friday unfortunately zero private time on Saturdays and getting in a couple of sets on a Sunday evening.

No measured results thus far but seeing/feeling enough subtle changes to be positive about i can and WILL achieve

what you have done and continue to do is amazing!!

im sure Iíll be seeking your advice in future.. thanks in adavance!!

paulie

Last edited by Paulie; 12-11-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Paulie,

>Im hanging Monday to Friday unfortunately zero private time on Saturdays and getting in a couple of sets on a Sunday evening.<

That is really bad. You need to try and get in at least a couple of sets each day on the weekends. The ten sets are ok during the weekdays. But then you are giving a significant amount of time for healing, and becoming stronger. I would rather you hang six sets every day, rather than ten per weekday, and little on the weekends.

I did what you are doing at first. Very little hanging on the weekends, and all day during the week. I quickly realized it would not work. It would take Monday and Tuesday to get my soft tissue conditioning back, so I could hang well on Wednesday.

Hang on the weekends, behind a locked door. Late at night. Whatever.

Bigger

Comment

Bigger...

i surley will have my hanger with me and hang a set at every opportunity on a Saturday.

thanks
        paulie

Comment

Hi bigger, hope your well.

Update and a couple of questions.

ive been back at it for a good while now and things have been going well.

currrent routine is 6 sets BTC 7 days a week max weight is currently 4kg reaching and riding fatigue.

following yesterdayís set Iíve measured a 0.4Ē BPFSL
          i chose to measure as fatigue was feeling different and I thought ligs could potentially be giving way and I think this is possibly eveidenced by todayís set.

Sets for this week went as follows after moving up 0.5kg.

set 1 4kg
          set 2 4kg
          set 3 4kg
          set 4 4kg
          set 5 4kg
          set 6 4kg

set 1 4kg
          set 2 4 kg
          set 3 3.5kg
          set 4 3.5kg
          set 5 3.5kg
          set 6 3.5kg 3kg

set 1 4kg
          set 2 4kg 3.5kg
          set 3.4kg 3.5kg 3kg
          set 4 4kg 3.5kg 3kg 2.5kg
          set 5 4kg 3.5 kg 3kg 2.5kg
          set 6 4kg 3.5kg 3kg 2.5kg

yesterday

set 1 4kg
          set 2 4kg
          set 3 4kg 3.5kg
          set 4 4kg 3.5kg 3kg
          set 5 4kg 3.5kg 3kg
          set 6 4kg 3.5kg 3kg

today

i remained at 4kg only dropping to 3.5 in sets 5 and 6 during the last 5 minutes due to numbness in the last 5 minutes of the sets.

This numbness at the end of sets 5 and 6 has been with me all week itís equally in the glands and foreskin (un-cut)
          a circulation issue I think as it disappears immediately the hanger is removed, Iíve made small adjustments a different one each day eg wrapping looser, widen my bottom gap and move attachment point back a little but I canít find a fix.

you evaluation and advice would be much appreciated.

paulie

Comment

Paulie,

>following yesterdayís set Iíve measured a 0.4Ē BPFSL<

Congratulations.

>i remained at 4kg only dropping to 3.5 in sets 5 and 6 during the last 5 minutes due to numbness in the last 5 minutes of the sets.<

That is not bad at all. It will be fairly normal to have a bit of numbness at the end of sets. As long as sets are limited to 20 minutes, and the numbness goes away after taking off the hanger, it is fine.

I would go ahead and increase max weight by another half kg.

>This numbness at the end of sets 5 and 6 has been with me all week itís equally in the glands and foreskin (un-cut)
            a circulation issue I think as it disappears immediately the hanger is removed, Iíve made small adjustments a different one each day eg wrapping looser, widen my bottom gap and move attachment point back a little but I canít find a fix.<

Do not stress too much over a bit of numbness at the end of sets. Realize that just the act of stretching to and past the margin will significantly reduce blood flow. It may not be a technique issue at all. At those weights, it probably is not. Further, your body will adapt to the stresses, and possibly be able to pump more blood to the head and upper shaft, even while under stress.

That is not to say you should not be worried about technique. But do not change things so much that you create other problems. You seem to have a good handle on the situation. Just realize it is not unusual. I would say the biggest concern as you move up in weight is to be sure the hanger is not slipping during sets. That will cause more of an issue than anything.

Bigger

Comment

Your a legend thanks!!

Comment

Working...
              X