getting started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting started

I received my hanger yesterday, and while it looks impressive, i must say i'm confused about how to get started. I thought i'd studied all the pertinent threads, and just overwhelmed my self.

There was no documentation in the shipment. Was there supposed to be?

I read in several threads about some follow up email, something about NOS information. I haven't received anything like that

Just looking at the theraband i ordered - my guess is that i'm supposed to cut it down to size, Right? How do i fasten it after wrapping - by tucking the end under the wraps?

Can you help me get started?

Thanks, and Happy New Year

cmarkc,

>I received my hanger yesterday, and while it looks impressive, i must say i'm confused about how to get started. I thought i'd studied all the pertinent threads, and just overwhelmed my self.

There was no documentation in the shipment. Was there supposed to be?<

The product guide is on the website where you ordered. bibhanger.com. The links are on the left side of every page.

>I read in several threads about some follow up email, something about NOS information. I haven't received anything like that<

Email me at [email protected], and I will send you another.

>Just looking at the theraband i ordered - my guess is that i'm supposed to cut it down to size, Right?<

You cut it into strips, at least two equal width strips. Some guys cut it into three equal strips, but that is a bit narrow. About 24 inches long should be enough to start.

>How do i fasten it after wrapping - by tucking the end under the wraps?<

Tape.

>Can you help me get started?<

There is a good wrapping thread in the Basics section. Then, you need to read the product guide and the NOS email. Any questions, just ask.

>Thanks, and Happy New Year<

Thanks to you, and a Happy and successful New Year.

Bigger

Comment

my first time wrapping and hanging was difficult. I used a 6"x3" piece of ace bandage and wrapped it loosely around the shaft; then covered it with theraband 2"x10" , which gave it about two wraps around the shaft, and secured it with scotch tape.

Following that I attached the bib and it was with great difficulty: the shaft + wrap was too thick to comfortably close the single wingnut and washers over the crown lip of the seat...i.e. the screw wasn't long enough. I finally made it work by loosening the screws at the hinge side, seated the wingnut and washers, and then tightened everything down again.

The hanger was secure at that point, but had literally smashed/flattened the penis inside the hanger, to the point that it was quite uncomfortable. I finished the 20 min hang with a 2.5 lb weight, but finished with a real headache from the event.

What am i doing wrong?

Comment

cmarkc,

my first time wrapping and hanging was difficult. I used a 6"x3" piece of ace bandage and wrapped it loosely around the shaft; then covered it with theraband 2"x10" , which gave it about two wraps around the shaft, and secured it with scotch tape.

Following that I attached the bib and it was with great difficulty: the shaft + wrap was too thick to comfortably close the single wingnut and washers over the crown lip of the seat...i.e. the screw wasn't long enough. I finally made it work by loosening the screws at the hinge side, seated the wingnut and washers, and then tightened everything down again.

The hanger was secure at that point, but had literally smashed/flattened the penis inside the hanger, to the point that it was quite uncomfortable. I finished the 20 min hang with a 2.5 lb weight, but finished with a real headache from the event.

>What am i doing wrong?<

It sounds like a lot is wrong. First, I never found an Ace bandage that was comfortable on the skin. You may not even need an underwrap.

In order to know what you need to do, I would have to see your entire setup.

But the biggest thing you need to know is that the wrapped bundle and hanger adjustments must be in sync. Your wrapped bundle worked when you loosened the bottom two wing nuts, right? But those bottom two wing nuts are simply to allow easy access to the inner adjustment hex nuts.

You must get those hex nuts adjusted correctly, then align the two sides of the hanger, and then snug down the outer bottom wing nuts, BEFORE you attach the hanger. This is a trial and error process. It does not take long. You do not have to hang full sets during the process. If it is not right, take off the hanger, adjust the bottom internal hex nuts, and try again. While hanging, at all times, those bottom wing nuts must be snugged down. You want the two sides to be static in relation to each other. Not able to move.

Next, if the attachment is too uncomfortable, you may not have the bottom gap wide enough, or you are tightening too much for the amount of weight you wish to hang. You do not want or need to tighten too much, when learning to hang. You should not be using more than five lbs to start. Then, you must allow time for the soft tissues to adapt to the stresses of hanging.

2x10 piece of Tband is not much wrap with which to work. I recommend cutting at least a 20 inch strip, so that you can easily adjust the amount of wrap you are using in the hanger attachment zone. This determines your WFG, wrapped flaccid girth.

Every good wrapped bundle should have these characteristics:

Enough wrapped shaft to attach the hanger at least a quarter inch behind the leading edge of the wrap, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft.

If possible, enough wrapped shaft to tape the last pass BEHIND the hanger attachment area.

ONE pass of wrap at the top, toward the head, then drop back an eighth inch for the next pass, then another eighth inch for the next. This is to prevent a hard edge of wrap pushing against the nerve bundle, on top of the shaft, behind the head.

Then enough wrapped girth, so that you can make the bottom gap larger than the top gap, when the hanger is very tight. Top teeth almost to slightly meshed.

Next, the first passes of wrap need to be passive, with little tension on them. Then, you pull more tension on the later passes, where the hanger attaches, to make a solid, stable bundle. This effectively collects the skin, and prevents pinching.

Use the least amount of wrap, possible , at the attachment point, to meet those criteria.

Bigger

Comment

>2x10 piece of Tband is not much wrap with which to work. I recommend cutting at least a 20 inch strip, so that you can easily adjust the amount of wrap you are using in the hanger attachment zone. This determines your WFG, wrapped flaccid girth.<

I started out with a length of theraband about that length, but couldn't get anywhere close to closing the "clamshell" and slipping the wingnut into it's seat. Not until i cut the theraband in half, did it reduce the bulk enough to seat the wingnut.

Comment

have you got any pictures or videos of this process? I've seen the line drawings, but it's not showing all that's going on.

Comment

cmarkc,

>have you got any pictures or videos of this process? I've seen the line drawings, but it's not showing all that's going on.<

Do you mean overall technique? Sappy's is about the best I have seen in the pictures section.

http://forum.bibhanger.com/forum/mem...-8-year-layoff

Go to the last page of his thread.

If that is not what you mean, let me know.

Bigger

Comment

Bib, I'm trying again this morning to get the device attached properly, and it still doesn't seem right:

* I reviewed all the pictures you sent, and i think i've done a farily good job of wrapping compared to the pictures I saw. I used 20" of theraband and a spiral wrap up toward the tummy, pulling the shaft somewhat tight as i went

* I opened up the two bottom screws of the hanger and set them at the widest gap i could. The hex nuts disappeared into the seats so i had to use a small stick to flick them further, but the gap at the hinge is as wide as i can make it.

* I attached the hanger and closed the clamshell by hand, to a comfortable level on the shaft

* I pulled the double washer to the wingnut, and turned the wingnut all the way out to the hex nut stop. At that point is was still about a half inch from slipping over the lip and into the seat.

* I squeezed the clamshell together as much as possible to slip the washer / wingnut assembly into the seat, but it deformed/flattened the shaft so much to the point of pain, that I removed it.

Carefully comparing the hanger to the one in the pictures, I noticed that the single closing bolt for the clamshell is considerably shorter than what's in the picture, which would explain the inability to secure it properly. I measured it, and it appears to be a 2 1/2" bolt that's used. In addition, the final closing gap in the picture is much wider than what i get.

What's your advice? Will it help if i send some pictures or video of this?

Gotta go... out of private time.
                thanks

Comment

In reviewing some of the threads about wrapping, there is much discussion about the "attachment point" . After the little bit of experience i've had, this has become confusing as well. The hanger is a couple of inches long, and as i see it, the entire length of the inner cushion is pressing on the shaft, so there's no distinct "attachment point". What are they talking about?

Comment

cmarkc,

>* I reviewed all the pictures you sent, and i think i've done a farily good job of wrapping compared to the pictures I saw. I used 20" of theraband and a spiral wrap up toward the tummy, pulling the shaft somewhat tight as i went<

I hope that you are not trying to match what another guy does. You are different. You will need a different WFG, along with different adjustments.

>* I opened up the two bottom screws of the hanger and set them at the widest gap i could. The hex nuts disappeared into the seats so i had to use a small stick to flick them further, but the gap at the hinge is as wide as i can make it.<

That would seem to indicate you have too many passes of wrap in the attachment zone.

>Carefully comparing the hanger to the one in the pictures, I noticed that the single closing bolt for the clamshell is considerably shorter than what's in the picture, which would explain the inability to secure it properly. I measured it, and it appears to be a 2 1/2" bolt that's used. In addition, the final closing gap in the picture is much wider than what i get.<

The only difference would be that Sappy does not have the stop acorn nut on the end of the top bolt. All of the top bolts are 2.5 inches long.

>What's your advice? Will it help if i send some pictures or video of this?<

You are welcome to send me the four technique pictures.

I need four pictures only.

1. Wrapped bundle taken from the top of the shaft. Grasp the head and stretch out the shaft.

2. Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger.

3. Attachment point, hanger on, not tightened, taken from the top of the shaft.

4. Hanging pictures, taken from the top of the shaft. I must be able to see the head.

Please indicate the set in which the pictures were taken; 1st, 2nd, last, etc.

Be sure to detail any problems you are having, so that I can address them.

Be sure to attach the pictures to the email. Do NOT embed them.

Bigger

Comment

In reviewing some of the threads about wrapping, there is much discussion about the "attachment point" . After the little bit of experience i've had, this has become confusing as well. The bib hanger is a couple of inches long, and as i see it, the entire length of the inner cushion is pressing on the shaft, so there's no distinct "attachment point". What are they talking about?

Comment

cmarkc,

>In reviewing some of the threads about wrapping, there is much discussion about the "attachment point" . After the little bit of experience i've had, this has become confusing as well. The bib hanger is a couple of inches long, and as i see it, the entire length of the inner cushion is pressing on the shaft, so there's no distinct "attachment point". What are they talking about?<

Two relative measures. Either the distance from the coronal ridge, to the very front of the hanger. OR, the distance from the leading edge of the wrap, to the very front of the hanger.

Not sure if I have asked...Did you read the product guide? If so, you might read it again. It may make more sense.

Bigger

Comment

<Not sure if I have asked...Did you read the product guide? If so, you might read it again. It may make more sense.>

I see product support but not "product guide" . Can you show me a link?

<You are welcome to send me the four technique pictures. I need four pictures only.>
                          do you have samples of what you want? "#2 Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger." i'm not clear what you want...

do you want the pictures sent in email as attachments? I need to know they won't find their way onto the forum or cloud...I'm shy

Comment

cmarkc,

>I see product support but not "product guide" . Can you show me a link?<

The product guide is on the website where you ordered. bibhanger.com. Links on the left side of the page.

><You are welcome to send me the four technique pictures. I need four pictures only.>
                            do you have samples of what you want? "#2 Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger." i'm not clear what you want...<

I do not know how I could be more clear. There are a lot of samples in the pictures section.

>do you want the pictures sent in email as attachments?<

That is what I wrote.

Bigger

Comment

About "Riding the Fatigue"
                              I'm getting into the routine now, and learning the wrap and attachment enough that it feels like i'm getting productive sessions. The question i have now is about this Riding the Fatigue.

More specifically, what should it feel like? My interpretation of that is it should be an overall fatigue/soreness throughtout the shaft of the penis.

What i'm getting is a soreness on the left side of the penis, extending somewhat down into the ball. It's like a pulled ligament, but only on one side, not throughout. Later in the day, it will also feel like i've overworked the adductor muscle in the inner side of the thigh, and a bit into the crotch. Is this what i should be looking for or is it something else?

thanks again for all your help

Comment

Working...
                              X