No announcement yet.

To 10 we go [log]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By give, in your terms, is hanger forming in shoulders of the head. Except mine probably wasnt because it was going down around half inch to inch.

Thank you, I think I finally have grasped the basics. With attaching and how much give for hanger (shoulder forming of head) when weights applied. I had a real good set with 22.5 tried 20 then the pain came bad had to go down significantly. 22.5, 15, 12.5, 10, 10, 10.

Comment

Jack10,

>By give, in your terms, is hanger forming in shoulders of the head. Except mine probably wasnt because it was going down around half inch to inch.<

Yes, that is too much. The hanger is sliding over the internals. Fine if you want to stretch skin. Not fine for making actual gains.

To be clear, the hanger should move down no more than a quarter inch, relative to the head, or coronal ridge.

>Thank you, I think I finally have grasped the basics. With attaching and how much give for hanger (shoulder forming of head) when weights applied. <

Good.

>I had a real good set with 22.5 tried 20 then the pain came bad had to go down significantly. 22.5, 15, 12.5, 10, 10, 10.<

That sounds like you are not conditioned for 22.5 lbs, if that pain is attachment point pain.

At least you got your sets in, which is great.

Bigger

Comment

It's better to overtighten than undertighten if goal is gains and not skin stretch correct? I'm going to be tedious that I'm tightening down enough so hanger is grasping everything and not forming down a quarter in. or less. The pain may of been the myelin sheath being grasped properly.

From reading the main drawback of over tightening is not enough soft tissue conditioning; but, the drawback of undertightening seems far greater if your goal is gains and not skin stretch.

Comment

Jack10,

>It's better to overtighten than undertighten if goal is gains and not skin stretch correct?<

Yes. But you need the soft tissues to be conditioned to handle the extra tightening.

>The pain may of been the myelin sheath being grasped properly.<

That makes no sense. The myelin sheath does not matter.

>From reading the main drawback of over tightening is not enough soft tissue conditioning; but, the drawback of undertightening seems far greater if your goal is gains and not skin stretch.<

You do not want EITHER! It seems like you were saying the pain of over tightening prevented you from hanging much weight.

Condition the soft tissues as I told you. Then, you will be able to tighten enough for the amount of weight you wish to hang.

Bigger

Comment

Iíve made no erect length gains still... idk if my ligs are just to strong or stretched out. Itís looking girthier though which makes no sense to me. Iím tightening down enough and feeling the shoulders form with the pulse push etc. Iím around 15-16.25 for max. Idk what to do... Iíve been doing this so long and only lost length... Absolutely right/correct technique for a month.

Took my first off day yesterday since last one I posted about like three months ago.

Comment

Jack10,

>Iíve made no erect length gains still... idk if my ligs are just to strong or stretched out. Itís looking girthier though which makes no sense to me. Iím tightening down enough and feeling the shoulders form with the pulse push etc. Iím around 15-16.25 for max. Idk what to do...<

Me either. No idea what you have been doing. Are you reaching and riding fatigue at least ten hours each week? How are you "around" 15-16.25 for max? What does that mean?

What happened with the 22.5 lbs?

>Iíve been doing this so long and only lost length... Absolutely right/correct technique for a month.<

A month is not a lot of time.

>Took my first off day yesterday since last one I posted about like three months ago.<

That is not going to help you.

Bigger

Comment

Yes I am reaching and riding fatigue around 15-18 hours a week, 6-9 sets, and forced to decrease weight after 1-2 sets. I can’t form shoulders or soft tissues not conditioned with 22.5. The off day I did because I slept for 14 hours after work and woke up for it again.

My dick looks like it got in a tussle with white splotches and bruising on it

Comment

Jack10,

>Yes I am reaching and riding fatigue around 15-18 hours a week, 6-9 sets, and forced to decrease weight after 1-2 sets. I can’t form shoulders or soft tissues not conditioned with 22.5<

I do not understand. You had worked up to 22.5 because of why? I understand you may not have been conditioned to hang that much. But it is a long way between 15 and 22. If you are reaching fatigue at 15, why did you try to go up to 22?

> The off day I did because I slept for 14 hours after work and woke up for it again.<

Understood.

>My dick looks like it got in a tussle with white splotches and bruising on it<

Well that is not good. You need to send me the four technique pictures for evaluation. There is no reason your penis should have discoloration, if you are doing things correctly.

Bigger

Comment

The 22 was going down and noosing. Way more of a skin than internal stretch feeling. It’s due to soft tissue conditioning though; I can’t hang with enough tighteness for fifteen twice. I’ve just started working these tissues last month.

I did it because I thought a half inch to inch of give was fine. But when I did sets there wouldn’t be any clear forming of shoulders showing and my head would be cradled in hanger looking purple black.

Comment

Jack10,

>The 22 was going down and noosing. Way more of a skin than internal stretch feeling. Itís due to soft tissue conditioning though; I canít hang with enough tighteness for fifteen twice. Iíve just started working these tissues last month.<

It sounds like you have definitive technique issues. 15 lbs should not be that tough. Not really sure where the disconnect came in your progression and conditioning. Also, generally as you move up in weight, you must refine your technique.

>I did it because I thought a half inch to inch of give was fine.<

No.

>But when I did sets there wouldnít be any clear forming of shoulders showing and my head would be cradled in hanger looking purple black.<

Yes, that is not good.

I get the idea you are not gaining because you have not reached a weight that will provide enough deformation to produce a gain. Then, it sounds like you are lacking in technique to be able to move up to a weight that will cause deformation. Just hanging 6-9 sets is not going to produce gains.

I have the feeling you are suffering from attachment point fatigue, and not target tissue fatigue. Having to reduce weight because of poor technique at the attachment is not productive.

Bigger
                      Last edited by Bib; 07-27-2019, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Iím positive I have the technique down. Itís just my internals are not conditioned.

Would you recommend I go down to four sets to allow more attachment point recovery? Also to increase 15% a week? Because with this volume and lack of conditioning I canít increase weight.

Comment

Jack10,

>Would you recommend I go down to four sets to allow more attachment point recovery?<

It does not work that way. You have many hours between sessions to recover. The more sets you do, the more adaptation and conditioning occurs. That is not to say you go from 4 to 9. In fact, I would rather you hang 6 every day, rather than 6 one day and 9 the next. That is not good.

In fact, it is better to do 4-5 sets with excellent technique, than 6-9 with poor technique.

>Also to increase 15% a week? Because with this volume and lack of conditioning I canít increase weight.<

Not sure what you mean. You cannot increase weight, if your attachment point is not conditioned to do so. The point is, if your attachment point is NOT conditioning, adapting to hang what you are trying to hang, and you are moving up slowly, then there is a technique issue.

Bigger

Comment

Ok new plan of attack...
                            -5-6 sets a day, even on non work days
                            -I wrap right behind ridge and attach 1.5 in back so it doesnít have ridge going back into wrap. Better to start wrap an inch behind ridge then attach a quarter to half in back? Do I have to wrap tighter thought you said loose.
                            -Top gap closer than bottoms leave room for continued tightening for set. I have bottom winged out a tad.
                            -Make sure shoulders form no rollover

Comment

Jack10,

>Ok new plan of attack...
                              -5-6 sets a day, even on non work days
                              -I wrap right behind ridge and attach 1.5 in back so it doesnít have ridge going back into wrap. Better to start wrap an inch behind ridge then attach a quarter to half in back?<

Not sure what you mean. You want to start the wrap at least a half inch behind the coronal ridge, if possible. The exact start depends on overall length. You always want to attach the hanger at least a quarter inch back from the leading edge of the wrap, to prevent a hard edge of wrap stretched across the V where the two sides of the hanger some together.

>Do I have to wrap tighter thought you said loose.<

The passes of wrap in front of the hanger should be passive, with no tension pulled on them. The passes of wrap under the hanger attachment area should have some tension pulled on them, in order that the wrapped bundle is solid and stable.

>-Top gap closer than bottoms leave room for continued tightening for set. I have bottom winged out a tad.<

OK.

>-Make sure shoulders form no rollover<

OK.

Bigger

Comment

Holy crap the difference in shoulders formation from beginning wrap a half to full in back is night and day! Starting with 17.5 Iíll keep my logs updated for gains this is going to be a three year journey so Iím doing five sets.

Comment

Working...
                                X