Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight threshold

Hi this is my first post.
    Maybe this has been commented before but I thought it could be useful if successful hangers let us know from what weight they started seeing substantial gains.

This would be like the weight threshold under which there would be no deformation, but only soft tissue conditioning.

In special to BiB, what weight started to produce your gains.

best wishes

lowe,

>Maybe this has been commented before but I thought it could be useful if successful hangers let us know from what weight they started seeing substantial gains.<

First, what do you consider substantial?

>In special to BiB, what weight started to produce your gains.<

I was hanging 7.5 lbs when I measured my first gain. Not sure about when fatigue started, but it was at a low weight.

My story is in the Basics section.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
      lowe,
      I was hanging 7.5 lbs when I measured my first gain. Not sure about when fatigue started, but it was at a low weight.
      Bigger
      Hi Bib

What would you say are the symptoms of a good hang session AFTER itīs done? heat in the zone? some sore ligs? some longer hang? swollen area?

Also I have to say after healed from my frenulum surgery and started using your hangers (I bought the starter and the standard), and MAN.... you did an awesome tool... itīs incredibly awesome quality. I will buy a stock of them cos if you die some day I wont be able to get new ones!!

best wishes

Comment

lowe,

>What would you say are the symptoms of a good hang session AFTER itīs done? heat in the zone? some sore ligs? some longer hang? swollen area?<

Soreness to the touch, in the target tissues, ligs and/or tunica. Also, inflammation, and internal swelling, turtling. Not skin edema, though that is common.

All the signs of collagenous tissue deformation.

>Also I have to say after healed from my frenulum surgery and started using your hangers (I bought the starter and the standard), and MAN.... you did an awesome tool... itīs incredibly awesome quality. I will buy a stock of them cos if you die some day I wont be able to get new ones!! <

Well, I will surely die some day. Guaranteed.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks Bib
          additional question :

imagine I can do half a set with 3,5kg, but i have to lower it to 3-2kg to continue. But after some minutes discomfort fades and becomes comfortable-pleasurable feeling, I raise weight again for some minutes, turns unbearable again, then back to the lower weight again.

Is this something you would do during a single set/various sets? or would you stay at the lower weight in case you canīt complete 20 mins at the higer one despite the low weight can even feel good?

Also Iīd want to buy another bibstarter. You have my data already?
          thanks

Comment

lowe,

>imagine I can do half a set with 3,5kg, but i have to lower it to 3-2kg to continue. But after some minutes discomfort fades and becomes comfortable-pleasurable feeling, I raise weight again for some minutes, turns unbearable again, then back to the lower weight again.

Is this something you would do during a single set/various sets? or would you stay at the lower weight in case you canīt complete 20 mins at the higer one despite the low weight can even feel good?<

It is all about what you feel. Getting in the right fatigue zone, where you can just stand it, and staying there.

Now, after I knew what I was feeling, and what I was doing, I rarely decreased the weight by very much when needed. I put the heavier weights on the hook first, then progressively lighter. So generally, I just took the next weight off. Sometimes I would switch a heavier weight for a lighter weight, rather than just straight removal. The point is, I did not decrease so much that I was in substantial relief.

I surely cannot remember my progressions, but I can say that I had one and two lb weights available at the outside of the hook to allow me to regulate fatigue. So, I might be hanging 25 lbs. Two 10s and a five. Then I needed to reduce. So I would take off the five, and put on two 2s, or probably a 2 and two 1s. Then if I needed to reduce more, take off a 1. Needed to reduce more, take off the other 1. Next, take off the 2, put on a 1. Etc.

Then, in the next set, I started with the weight I was hanging at the end of the previous set. If that did not re-establish fatigue, then I added a little weight.

>Also Iīd want to buy another bibstarter. You have my data already?<

I do not know. Did you fill out and submit a new form?

Bigger

Comment

thank you so much, as always

I will fill a new form.
              best wishes

Comment

Hi guys,
                whats your opinion of adding some hours of low weight hang (2-4lb) to the regular hanging daily workout?
                Like using 10-20 lb for 12 sets, lot of fatigue etc. Then swap to low weight with some ads/vacuum hanger, and spend some more time there?

waste of time maybe?

Comment

lowe,

>whats your opinion of adding some hours of low weight hang (2-4lb) to the regular hanging daily workout?
                  Like using 10-20 lb for 12 sets, lot of fatigue etc. Then swap to low weight with some ads/vacuum hanger, and spend some more time there? waste of time maybe?<

Waste of time, yes. Unless you are working past the margin, creating deformations in collagenous tissues, you are not making progress.

Hanging 2-4 lbs is not going to do that, for the vast majority of guys. As far as keeping the tissues in the extended state, you will pull out any adhesions in the next hanging session.

Best to just let the soft tissues recover for the next real hanging session.

Bigger

Comment

Hi everyone.

Normally i dont find this problem but now and then seems like something weird happens to my shaft.
                    In the moment of tightening the bibīs grip with the winged nut, instead of normally being trapped by the hanger. the shaft seemingly retracts as i tighten the winged nut, and shaft slides back.
                    Makes it harder to fit the grip in place and becomes a nightmare to achieve a nice grip.

Feels like maybe thereīs some swelling inside the shaft itself, not in the skin, and that may be causing it?

Anyone knows why this could happen?

Comment

lowe,

>Normally i dont find this problem but now and then seems like something weird happens to my shaft.
                      In the moment of tightening the bibīs grip with the winged nut, instead of normally being trapped by the hanger. the shaft seemingly retracts as i tighten the winged nut, and shaft slides back.
                      Makes it harder to fit the grip in place and becomes a nightmare to achieve a nice grip.<

That is the knot, the lig/tunica fascia. You must put it where is most comfortable.

First, you barely tighten at all, when you push the hanger to the head to remove excess blood. Just tighten enough for the hanger to grasp the wrapped bundle, and that is all.

Next, you push down on the shaft, between the head and hanger, with your left thumb, as you lift up on the hanger, as you begin to tighten.

Next, after a few turns tightening, you pulse push the hanger towards the head, while still holding the shaft down, between head and hanger. You want to know when the hanger begins to grasp the knot.

When you tighten enough that the knot is easily felt, you position it where you want it, by pushing forward on the hanger, and/or pushing back on the hanger with your left thumb.

Then you hold the hanger in that position, using your left thumb, while lifting up on the hanger, as you finish tightening. ALL the rounds of tightening.

All of that should take no more than a couple minutes.

>Feels like maybe thereīs some swelling inside the shaft itself, not in the skin, and that may be causing it?<

Nope. Lig/tunica fascia.

>Anyone knows why this could happen?<

Every guy has one, and it happens to every guy. Pulse push.

Bigger

Comment

total oracle wise elder master legendary...

THANKS

Comment

Only one more question.

First days i started hanging, and wasnt difficult for me to wrap and hang without difficulty. All I was good.

Two weeks later seems like impossible to hang a single set cos canīt even fit the hanger without pain.
                          Did i forgot how to fit the hanger or I simply have tired tissues in grip zone and need to wait til tomorrow?

doesnt feel too sore to the touch, but mere trying to tighten the hanger is too much. Makes me think I forgot how to wrap...

Comment

lowe,

>Two weeks later seems like impossible to hang a single set cos canīt even fit the hanger without pain.
                            Did i forgot how to fit the hanger or I simply have tired tissues in grip zone and need to wait til tomorrow?<

I cannot possibly know what you did. But taking off days because of attachment fatigue is not a wise plan. You need to experiment, and see if you changed something. Try to make it comfortable.

Then, even if you cannot hang your max weight, try to hang a lesser weight.

Have you been trying to hang too much weight? Above the recommendations in the NOS email?

>doesnt feel too sore to the touch, but mere trying to tighten the hanger is too much. Makes me think I forgot how to wrap.<

Most likely, you are not getting the hanger positioned correctly on or about the lig/tunica fascia.

Bigger

Comment

not taking any day off. I will at least do 1-3 sets at the very least.

But Yes trying to do many excesses. yes thatīs it. itīs my fault. I will do as you say
                              thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X