weight threshold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowe,

>you was right. I tweaked the thing a bit and was able to hang 4,5kg comfortably now<

That is great.

Bigger

Comment

Hi bib.
      I want to order a second 4th bib hanger (standard version), (I have 2 starter and one standard but want another one for the future).

Ever thought of possibility of designing an even wider bib to further reduce superficial pressure exerted on each square cm? the regular bib is more comfortable than the starter and a wider one might be goor or maybe not. I dont know.

Comment

lowe,

>Ever thought of possibility of designing an even wider bib to further reduce superficial pressure exerted on each square cm? the regular bib is more comfortable than the starter and a wider one might be goor or maybe not. I dont know.<

The last one I used was 4.5 inches long...I think. No padding. But it is not feasible to make something like that. The guys that can use a hanger larger than the regular, do not need a hanger.

Bigger

Comment

But would be a crazy addition to the arsenal of guys in search of experimentation.
          i ordered 2 bib instead.

I am starting to enjoy the sessions

Comment

lowe,

To be honest, the 4.5 inch hanger did not work so well. Too much shaft to have problems.

I hope you are not going to try and use two hangers at the same time. That did not work so well either.

Thanks,

Bigger

Comment

Thatīs right. Plus probably instead of reducing the superficial pressure, we need some degree of penetration to grasp the internals.
              Hahahah no no my plan is not to create a hangers-train. I just want to have replacement in case one breaks.

One question.
              My grip is comfortable, but randomly one day create swelling , other day dont. The reason have to be subtle enough as for me doing apparently the same, have different outcomes.

Is that impossible to avoid?

Comment

lowe,

>My grip is comfortable, but randomly one day create swelling , other day dont. <

Do you mean edema in the skin? Or swelling in the collagenous tissues?

The first can be avoided. The second, you WANT to happen.

>The reason have to be subtle enough as for me doing apparently the same, have different outcomes.<

Obviously, there is a mechanism that causes the swelling. if you mean skin edema, most likely it is either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those.

Some of that can change from session to session.

>Is that impossible to avoid?<

I am sure there are some guys who can avoid skin edema altogether. From my experience, hanging all day, I always had at least some edema at the end of the day. It was generally gone by the next session though.

Bigger

Comment

I mean edema in the frenulum area.

I will experiment a bit. What confuses me is some sessions appear to be under control. no edema. Then suddenly i unwantedly did something wrong and edema starts to be collected there and somewhat ruins the set.
                  Refining technique here is harder than gym...

thanks a lot bib

Comment

lowe,

>I mean edema in the frenulum area.<

That will be bottom gap not wide enough, too much blood in the head and upper shaft, or first passes of wrap are too tight. They should be passive, no tension pulled at all.

When you get a wrapping that is good, no edema, make a mark down the wrapped bundle, so you can replicate it the next day.

>I will experiment a bit. What confuses me is some sessions appear to be under control. no edema. Then suddenly i unwantedly did something wrong and edema starts to be collected there and somewhat ruins the set.<

Practice.

>Refining technique here is harder than gym...<

Indeed.

Bigger

Comment

Fast Question bib,

I read you saying there must be a gap of at least 1/4 inch between hanger and head, AT ALL TIMES.

When i have the hanger in place,before turning the winged nut to tighten it, there is a 1,5 inch gap. Itīs a good part of shaft there between the hanger and the head, but while turning the nut, the head is sucked powerfully backward like true turtle, even if holding head in place with my thumb pressing behind the glans, itīs sucked back anyway.

Finally, there is barely a gap between hanger and head at all.... The gap is there but not appreciable... the skin didnīt slide, the wrap bundle didnt slide but the internals seemingly retracted.

When i try fasten the hanger even farther from the head i find uncomfortable or pain spots that discourage me to do so.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

lowe,

>When i have the hanger in place,before turning the winged nut to tighten it, there is a 1,5 inch gap. Itīs a good part of shaft there between the hanger and the head, but while turning the nut, the head is sucked powerfully backward like true turtle, even if holding head in place with my thumb pressing behind the glans, itīs sucked back anyway.<

Then you probably are not pushing down enough with your left thumb, while lifting up on the hanger. There should be no way that simply tightening the top bolt can overwhelm your left thumb.

Mine usually tried to push BACK toward the base. So, I would have to lift up harder. This all depends on where the fascia is, the knot, and where you need it to be, for the most comfort.

It is not a passive process. You have to force it where you want it.

>Am I doing something wrong?<

I cannot know, unless I see it. But really, it all depends on how it feels, and if any issues result from the technique.

Bigger

Comment

ok then tightening is a fight against the turtle!!! hahah
                          lets try
                          thanks

Comment

Itīs been 7weeks, nonstop, no free days.
                            first 5weeks were crazy irregular, learning, going beyond the instructions, going to 9 sets, up to12 pound for 30 seconds set, pain , next day 1 set in pain despite low weight, chaos.
                            Stupidity.
                            My weak hypersensitive foresking gave me many many MANY problems.

Last 2 weeks I regularized the routine to 6 sets, setting a pace i can keep. using weights i can enjoy feeling the stretch.

AND

I canīt believe it... Yesterday I measured pre and post workout.
                            rule say 2-3 milimitre gain in both BPFSL.

Currently I am using a max of 10 pound , completing 6 sets, reducing to 6 pound in later sets which keeps the fatigue there for sets and sets without much stressing the grip.

I decided I have to enjoy the process so these lower weights will be my friends unless i can feel good with higher ones.

Hard to believe but it seems it WORKS.
                            I will continue posting any progress.

THANKS bib and everyone helping

Comment

lowe,

>I canīt believe it... Yesterday I measured pre and post workout.
                              rule say 2-3 milimitre gain in both BPFSL.<

Congratulations.

>Currently I am using a max of 10 pound , completing 6 sets, reducing to 6 pound in later sets which keeps the fatigue there for sets and sets without much stressing the grip.<

Why are you going from 10 lbs to 6? Do you have one lb weights? Why such a large drop?

Bigger

Comment

I drop 10-8-7-6 pound, over the progress of the 6 sets, but I try not go under 6pound. So the drop I described represents the total range from the max to the min .

Under 6 I would prefer just rest than continue dropping weight

Comment

Working...
                                X