weight threshold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi bib!!!!

I am splitting my sets in 2 sessions every 12 hour. The thing is, when splitting, say 8 sets in 2 sessions, there is different combinations possible: 5/3, or 4/4, or 6/2...,

Reason behind the question is I somewhat felt a session shorter that 5 sets can be lacking enough duration to fully fatigue me. So maybe doing less sets per session may not lead to proper workout...

What is your opinion about this?

Comment

Also, seems like some days the fatigue is intense and sharp in the ligaments, but maybe the very next day that good sensation canīt be reached at same degree or may be displaced to the shaft, or other weird fluctuations of self perceived stress. You think between the cheeks can at all elongathe the septum even a little bit ?

Comment

lowe,

>I am splitting my sets in 2 sessions every 12 hour. The thing is, when splitting, say 8 sets in 2 sessions, there is different combinations possible: 5/3, or 4/4, or 6/2...,

Reason behind the question is I somewhat felt a session shorter that 5 sets can be lacking enough duration to fully fatigue me. So maybe doing less sets per session may not lead to proper workout...

What is your opinion about this?<

Any and all combinations of eight sets per day is great. Just get them in.

Then, if you do not feel fatigued enough in a short set session, you most probably need to increase weight, according to the NOS email.

>Also, seems like some days the fatigue is intense and sharp in the ligaments, but maybe the very next day that good sensation canīt be reached at same degree or may be displaced to the shaft, or other weird fluctuations of self perceived stress.<

None of that is abnormal. You simply must make decisions on stress management according to what you feel based on experience. You might have great fatigue one day, so you decide to stay at the same max weight. But then, you find the very next day, fatigue is not so good. It is fine to move up your max on that day. You do not have to wait six days.

>You think between the cheeks can at all elongathe the septum even a little bit ?<

Of course it can. The outer tunica, including the septum, takes the stress at any angle, using any technique.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks bib.

I thought septum was made of "collagenous steel" and impossible to stretch at the weights the ligaments are stretched.

Comment

lowe,

>I thought septum was made of "collagenous steel" and impossible to stretch at the weights the ligaments are stretched.<

WTF?

Yes, the septum is tough. It is not impossible to stretch at the weights the ligs are stretched. It will not be deformed to the degree that the ligs will be deformed at the same weight.

Any other pissy questions? Are you writing a book?

Bigger

Comment

pissy questions? book? WTF?

I just said i thought 99% of deformation happens at the ligaments only when we hang BTC or SD.
              just stating i had that wrong understanding.

no need to mock me
              thanks for the attention so far though

bye

Comment

lowe,

>no need to mock me<

Sorry about that. I was joking.

The septum can be deformed at the same time as the ligs. Just not to the same degree, and at the same weight.

Bigger

Comment

my misunderstanding then, I am spanish. my english isnt good enough
                  sorry

Comment

Hello again!!!
                    Hi bib
                    I have a question that might have been answered many times.

5 months ago I hanged for 80days.
                    Gained around 3-4milimetres in those days, but after making the break, easily gained another 5mm in 2-4 weeks afterwards with little else than a extender.

I am now attributing those gains to the hanging too because those easy gains dint come before or after.
                    So my theory is the tissues were defformed after the hanging campaign, but too swollen to relax properly and show while I was still hanging.

Now I resumed the hanging to start new campaign , and in the first session noticed my BPFSL went from 21.6cm pre workout. to a post workout BPFSL 21.2cm
                    Lost 0,4cm in 1 session. I pulled hard and I couldnt stretch it to the 21.6 mark I had before workout.

So now itīs clear that collagen enters a defensive retraction in which even a strong pull force wont stretch it to the length it reaches when inflamation is gone.

This retraction or irritation makes sense with those 4-5 milimetres i gained after abandoning hanger, because those can be hidden easily, So now I am wondering if maybe training too many sets and having a high degree of inflamation or irritation in the colagen makes it less productive to hang more and more, or at least in early stages of conditioning it may hurt progress.

But I also know this level of damage is what we are looking for if we want to really elongate it.

So how important would it be proper rest or doing just about the proper volume of sets to make tissues more relaxed daily, so they can be stretched further instead of more retracted?
                    Or maybe we seek maximum impact , maximum collagen irritation, or what?

Do any of this make sense? What is your opinion?

Thanks

Comment

• lowe,

<I am now attributing those gains to the hanging too because those easy gains dint come before or after.
                      So my theory is the tissues were defformed after the hanging campaign, but too swollen to relax properly and show while I was still hanging.<

They may have been deformed, and the swelling of the ligs and tunica did not allow they to extend. Were you turtling while flaccid?

>Now I resumed the hanging to start new campaign , and in the first session noticed my BPFSL went from 21.6cm pre workout. to a post workout BPFSL 21.2cm
                      Lost 0,4cm in 1 session. I pulled hard and I couldnt stretch it to the 21.6 mark I had before workout.<

Good. That means you created some deformation, and the collagenous tissues swelled.

>So now itīs clear that collagen enters a defensive retraction in which even a strong pull force wont stretch it to the length it reaches when inflamation is gone.<

All collagenous tissue does this.

>This retraction or irritation makes sense with those 4-5 milimetres i gained after abandoning hanger, because those can be hidden easily, So now I am wondering if maybe training too many sets and having a high degree of inflamation or irritation in the colagen makes it less productive to hang more and more, or at least in early stages of conditioning it may hurt progress.<

No.

When deformation occurs, the affected tissues become swollen and inflammed. Then the body immediately starts the process of healing. It tries to put things back the way they were. That is, it lays down new collagenous material, adhesions, to heal the damaged areas. If you do not continue to hang, the retracted tissues will heal in the retracted state.

So the next day, the first set of hanging, the stress pulls out any adhesions from previous deformation. The longer you go without hanging, the harder it is to pull out those adhesions.

So, you will notice turtling, and a retraction, almost every day. That is a good thing. It means you successfully deformed the tissues that restrain an erection. If you keep hanging, keep deforming tissues, you will measure those gains that you can realize, if you stopped hanging.

Hang every single day if possible. Then at the end of your hanging career, when you are cementing gains, you will get a nice surprise. Mine was a quarter inch.

>But I also know this level of damage is what we are looking for if we want to really elongate it.<

Indeed.

>So how important would it be proper rest or doing just about the proper volume of sets to make tissues more relaxed daily, so they can be stretched further instead of more retracted?
                      Or maybe we seek maximum impact , maximum collagen irritation, or what?<

The only thing that creates gains is CONSISTENT deformation of the collagenous tissues that restrain an erection. Rest allows the tissues to heal and become stronger.

>Do any of this make sense? What is your opinion?<

If you want significant gains, do not take rest days for the best chance of making them.

Be sure you read the managing fatigue thread in the Basics section.

Bigger

Comment

• That quarter inch you got in the cementing phase must be the effect of the inflammation being relaxed and allowing less retraction and a better fullness... I experienced that after having some clots and quitting for a while. Now I am back with more caution and maybe I am immune to the weights below the ones I used back then. However feels like fatigue still at weights that I was used to before.

Comment

• lowe,

>That quarter inch you got in the cementing phase must be the effect of the inflammation being relaxed and allowing less retraction and a better fullness...<

Swelling decreased, yes.

>I experienced that after having some clots and quitting for a while. Now I am back with more caution and maybe I am immune to the weights below the ones I used back then. However feels like fatigue still at weights that I was used to before.<

That sounds about right.

Bigger

Comment

• I am having a couple little problems.

One is i feel some urge to massage-scratch the internals of my ligs and first couple inches of the shaft tunica all the time, like I can feel some ant walking there all day but more subtle, like a subdued tingle there all the time, with sparkles of pain, and intenser with any additional fatigue. Whatīs that? It aleviates with some massage there but later itīs back. And I feel like an ape massaging the roots of my penis all the time and while hanging too...

The other is that more frequently than I wish, after a very good session that makes me feel I control the technique perfectly, example i hang 5 kg with extreme fatigue and no discomfort at the attachment point, but maybe the next day I seem to have forgot what i did right the day before and i have all sort of discomfort in the grip area, not able to hang 5 kg for as long as yesterday, and feel unable to hit same level of shaft/ligs fatigue for days afterwards...

Comment

• lowe,

>One is i feel some urge to massage-scratch the internals of my ligs and first couple inches of the shaft tunica all the time, like I can feel some ant walking there all day but more subtle, like a subdued tingle there all the time, with sparkles of pain, and intenser with any additional fatigue. Whatīs that? It aleviates with some massage there but later itīs back. And I feel like an ape massaging the roots of my penis all the time and while hanging too...<

I do not know for sure, but it is common. I surely had a lot of it. Could possibly be nerves growing, filling in gaps in the nerve matrix. There is surely nothing wrong with massaging it. I did all the time, especially while hanging, during a set.

>The other is that more frequently than I wish, after a very good session that makes me feel I control the technique perfectly, example i hang 5 kg with extreme fatigue and no discomfort at the attachment point, but maybe the next day I seem to have forgot what i did right the day before and i have all sort of discomfort in the grip area, not able to hang 5 kg for as long as yesterday, and feel unable to hit same level of shaft/ligs fatigue for days afterwards...<

That is not uncommon either. I always ascribed it to not being able to change things, as conditions changed. After a really good session, often the next day, there would still be less collagneous tissue matrix fluid. So, my hanger adjustments were not as good for that day, as the previous day. Then also, I could screw up a wrap a little, and it would show in the quality of my sessions.

I got to where i would note a mark on the shaft where the wrap should start. Then after a really good session, I would make a line down the wrapped bundle, with a permanent marker, so I could replicate the wrap. Then, I would also mark a V on the wrap, where the V in the hanger should be. This cut down greatly on the poor sessions.

But do not discount tightening a bit more, the next day, after a good session. That might be all of it.

Bigger

Comment

• thank you a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X