X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bib
    replied
    lowe,

>True I dont have a clear picture myself. Sorry. Will Try do things better and if I screw it again I will come with the pictures and details. Otherwise will try not to bother you more.
    Thanks a lot really. You are very kind and patient.<

It is not a bother. I enjoy helping guys. It is just frustrating when I do not know what you are doing. If you give something to work with, hopefully I can help you.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    True I dont have a clear picture myself. Sorry. Will Try do things better and if I screw it again I will come with the pictures and details. Otherwise will try not to bother you more.
    Thanks a lot really. You are very kind and patient.

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    lowe,

>My problem is seems like I am needing more and more warmup sets and eventually seems like i will need a full day of warmup sets only How do I revert this? I hanged less weight at the begining but I did my sets fuller and better.<

The first issue is, you ask questions without giving me full information.

What is the source of the discomfort? Is your technique bad? Is there something you need to fix? Are your soft tissues simply not conditioned?

What is going on?

Again, it is not a question of how much weight you are hanging, but what you are doing to the tissues. You seem to just want to hang more weight. That is not the correct way to look at any of this.

It is not a weight lifting competition.

You can send me the four technique pictures for evaluation. I will try to see if there is some technique issue that is causing discomfort.

After that, I need a description of what you are doing, EXACTLY. What you feel for each set.

Help me help you.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bib View Post
    lowe,

If you continue to hang...all your sets, your attachment point will adapt. Taking rest days is not the answer for anything.
    Bigger
    My problem is seems like I am needing more and more warmup sets and eventually seems like i will need a full day of warmup sets only How do I revert this? I hanged less weight at the begining but I did my sets fuller and better.

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    lowe,

>When you say measurements go up and down in a general up trend, you mean bpfsl or bpel too? <

Yes.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    When you say measurements go up and down in a general up trend, you mean bpfsl or bpel too? my bpel shrinks sometimes rather drastically, losing 2-4milimitres for whatever reason and then a week later itīs back

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    thank you very much. I will do that.

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    lowe,

>but at this point, despite not for measuring purposes,I think I pushed myself a bit to the edge and today no matter what I do to try do my sets as usual, something feels wrong... skin is sore, stings here and there... is hard for me to hang even 50% of the weight... I did a warmup set, then couple sets at 40-50% the weight and still doesnt seem like my body accepts it anymore.<

Good.

>I need to rest a bit so, Question:

What is best way to take a rest day?<

Never take one.

>1.do nothing
    2.do a single set at full weight
    3.do the 100% the sets but at reduced weight
    4.do 50% sets at reduced weight
    4.spend the day in the extender<

Try to get in all your sets, even at reduced weight. Work on technique to make your attachment more comfortable. If you screw up technique, and need to cut a set short, do so.

>Or, in other words, what would be the minimum required to keep things under control while giving a break to the grip point?<

If you continue to hang...all your sets, your attachment point will adapt. Taking rest days is not the answer for anything.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    but at this point, despite not for measuring purposes,I think I pushed myself a bit to the edge and today no matter what I do to try do my sets as usual, something feels wrong... skin is sore, stings here and there... is hard for me to hang even 50% of the weight... I did a warmup set, then couple sets at 40-50% the weight and still doesnt seem like my body accepts it anymore.

I need to rest a bit so, Question:

What is best way to take a rest day?
    1.do nothing
    2.do a single set at full weight
    3.do the 100% the sets but at reduced weight
    4.do 50% sets at reduced weight
    4.spend the day in the extender

Or, in other words, what would be the minimum required to keep things under control while giving a break to the grip point?

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    lowe,

>Whaaaaaat!!?!?!!? 2.5 inch difference???!!?!?!!?!?!?! Thats masive difference!!!!<

Indeed.

>But still, can the swelling created in the collagen be as strong as to keep me from pulling it stretched even if I pull hard?<

Absolutely. If the fibers are full of fluid, greater girth of the fibers, the only way to stretch them further for measuring is to let them heal, and allow the swelling to go down. Of course, that would be terrible for gains.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    Whaaaaaat!!?!?!!? 2.5 inch difference???!!?!?!!?!?!?! Thats masive difference!!!!

But still, can the swelling created in the collagen be as strong as to keep me from pulling it stretched even if I pull hard?

Oh yes my penis is not curved, but doesnt exit perpendicular forward but some degrees to the right so itīs going to be that one lateral ligament is shorter.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    lowe,

>Hi Bib. Been 40 days hanging daily, tracking the flaccid stretched length and made a graph with the data I got from my measurements.
    Seems like somed days I have more stretchable than other days. It bothers me that i could stretch longer a week ago...<

That is totally normal. Measures can go up and down, but the general trend is up. Much of it has to do with the amount of deformation you have achieved, and therefore the amount of swelling.

>Did you track the flaccid stretched length or only erect?<

Both BPEL and BPFSL.

>I seems to have gained only 1 milimitre in erect but at least 1 cm in stretched length. What you think about that?<

Totally normal. BPFSL length gains always precede BPEL gains. My difference got up to about 2.5 inches, if I remember correctly.

>Also, seems like when doing btc hanging, which is the only thing i do, I sometimes have a greater capacity to hang to the right, than to the left or viceversa, and I dont know why this could be.<

Most probably lateral susp ligs are tighter on one side or the other.

>As example if I start to the right i can do 15 min at 6kilo, but if start to the left, 5 min at 6k maximum before having to drop weight. Yet the next day could vary. Is this because of how the stress was distributed the day before ? or is it the hanger is somehow biting on the internals on different ways? i dont know.<

It is going to be the relative tightness of the lig bundles, the amount of deformation in each, and therefore the discomfort in each.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    Hi Bib. Been 40 days hanging daily, tracking the flaccid stretched length and made a graph with the data I got from my measurements.
    Seems like somed days I have more stretchable than other days. It bothers me that i could stretch longer a week ago...

Did you track the flaccid stretched length or only erect? I seems to have gained only 1 milimitre in erect but at least 1 cm in stretched length. What you think about that?

Also, seems like when doing btc hanging, which is the only thing i do, I sometimes have a greater capacity to hang to the right, than to the left or viceversa, and I dont know why this could be. As example if I start to the right i can do 15 min at 6kilo, but if start to the left, 5 min at 6k maximum before having to drop weight. Yet the next day could vary. Is this because of how the stress was distributed the day before ? or is it the hanger is somehow biting on the internals on different ways? i dont know.

BPFSL progress.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    lowe,

>Question: Iīve been using the same 13 pounds as max weight for 14 days now and seems like not progressing towards being able to do more minutes with it. Still rarely can do more than 10 mins at that weight in first set.<

Great! I assume you are reaching and riding fatigue at that weight, and for that time.

>Is that kind of normal to be using same max weight for long periods?<

It surely can be. Most guys spend a good while at one weight, or range of weights. Mine was between 17.5 and 22.5 lbs.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• lowe
    replied
    I think itīs normal to hope we could avoid the more hardcore PE and make great gains.

Question: Iīve been using the same 13 pounds as max weight for 14 days now and seems like not progressing towards being able to do more minutes with it. Still rarely can do more than 10 mins at that weight in first set. Is that kind of normal to be using same max weight for long periods?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X