No announcement yet.

ChickRail’s hanging journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. So the skin that is stretching/peeling is the skin underneath the hanger attachment point, not at the base. Shouldn’t the skin be stretching/peeling at the base?

Comment

• chickrail,

>Ok. So the skin that is stretching/peeling is the skin underneath the hanger attachment point, not at the base. Shouldn’t the skin be stretching/peeling at the base?<

It can be anywhere. I cannot know concerning your particular situation. But the Vaseline will help where ever the irritation occurs.

Realize that the stress does not just apply behind the hanger. It occurs under the hanger as well. That is for internals or skin. Think about pulling on a rope. It is not the portion of the hand at the back that takes the stress. It is the entire hand. So there will be friction throughout the hand.

Bigger

Comment

• Ok, I have a question about tightening the hanger for skin stretch.

currently I’m doing a skin stretch set, and because I’m not tightening the hanger enough to grasp internals my shaft and head have more blood in them, but I don’t feel any internals being grasped or any discomfort.

i just want to be sure that this is normal and safe, because I don’t see how having blood in my shaft and head is unavoidable when I’m not tightening the hanger enough to restrict blood flow.

please confirm this for me

by the way I feel no pain or discomfort whatsoever, just tension on my skin at the base.

Comment

• chickrail,

>currently I’m doing a skin stretch set<

If your skin is already irritated, why are you doing skin stretch now?

>and because I’m not tightening the hanger enough to grasp internals my shaft and head have more blood in them, but I don’t feel any internals being grasped or any discomfort.<

When is the blood entering the head? How much weight are you trying to hang?

>i just want to be sure that this is normal and safe, because I don’t see how having blood in my shaft and head is unavoidable when I’m not tightening the hanger enough to restrict blood flow.<

The hanger should not restrict blood flow from the standpoint of the hanger alone. Just the act of stretching to and past the margin does that. So if the head is filling while hanging, it is a matter of the amount of stress being used. If it is light enough, there is not a problem. If you are starting out with excess blood, that is a problem.

>by the way I feel no pain or discomfort whatsoever, just tension on my skin at the base.<

OK.

Bigger

Comment

• 1. Not irritated per se, I am gauging my comfort level and I can handle it. My skin scabbed up a couple days ago and I noticed the rough scabbing when a female companion was “examining the area”.

2. Blood enters after I attach the weight to the hanger

3. I’m Only hanging 5lbs, it feels light and not dangerous.

Comment

• chickrail,

>1. Not irritated per se, I am gauging my comfort level and I can handle it. My skin scabbed up a couple days ago and I noticed the rough scabbing when a female companion was “examining the area”.<

OK, but keep an eye on it, and keep Vaseline on it. It may not get any worse while doing dedicated skin stretch. Or it may.

>2. Blood enters after I attach the weight to the hanger<

OK, here is what is happening. The inflow of blood is through the inner three chambers. The outflow of blood is through veins near the surface of the skin. So the wrap and hanger tends to restrict the outflow of blood easier, until enough pressure is built up in the three chambers, and head. Then the blood is able to push past the wrap and hanger.

When enough stress is applied for 20 minutes, and the hanger is tighter, the inflow is reduced to an amount the outflow paths can handle, so the head and upper shaft do not fill with blood.

>3. I’m Only hanging 5lbs, it feels light and not dangerous.<

Yes. For most guys, five lbs is not going to restrict inflow. It is only going to contribute an increase of 5 lbs of pressure. Well, I am not sure as I sit here how much five lbs of weight will increase internal blood pressure. Might be five lbs of pressure, but I do not know for sure.

Bigger

Comment

• Is 5lbs enough to stretch skin sufficiently/quickly?

Comment

• chickrail,

>Is 5lbs enough to stretch skin sufficiently/quickly?<

It surely can be. For many if not most guys, just starting out, 5 lbs is a good bit. I cannot remember how much weight I used for my first dedicated skin stretch. I know it was not much. But only experience and testing the weight can determine how much is needed. If you are hanging five lbs, BTC, and you do not feel a good solid burning at the base, that may not be enough.

It is the same as with any other deformation. Fatigue, discomfort, is the sign that deformation is occurring.

Just like any collagenous tissue, the skin will become stronger over time due to adaptation from stress. So as time goes on, and more and more deformation occurs, more weight is needed to create new deformations.

Having said that, the skin is not as strong as other collagenous tissue, ligaments, tunica, tendons. So it generally does not require are much stress to deform skin, as the ligs or tunica.

Bigger

Comment

• Thanks bib, I feel that the burn sensation could be a little more intense. So I’ll add more weight to do this skin stretch.

Comment

• Another question: do I follow the same NOS email stress progression protocol for skin stretch?

i only ask because the stress levels are drastically decreased with skin stretching and I’m wondering if I can increase the number of “skin stretch sets” I do.

(I know this doesn’t apply to normal hanging)

Comment

• chickrail,

>Another question: do I follow the same NOS email stress progression protocol for skin stretch?<

I would. You do not know what the implications might be after you are done, or the next day, etc. Now, I can tell you that the amount of weights needed for skin deformation and internals deformation were different. Generally, I could handle less for skin. But not always.

>i only ask because the stress levels are drastically decreased with skin stretching and I’m wondering if I can increase the number of “skin stretch sets” I do.<

I would not. And this applies to other issues of stress. I tried to push it so many times in my hanging for gains career. Everything working good, felt good, so I wanted to cause all the deformation at one go. Then the next day, I could do almost nothing. Sometimes for multiple days. Steady and consistent. Do not try to do too much any one day. It generally does not end well.

Bigger

Comment

• Affirmative.

Comment

• Yet another question: should I spilt up skin stretch and regular hanging? For instance, 4 days hanging, 3 day skin stretch, or some other configuration...

Comment

• chickrail,

>Yet another question: should I spilt up skin stretch and regular hanging? For instance, 4 days hanging, 3 day skin stretch, or some other configuration...<

No. An arbitrary schedule is not efficient. When doing normal BTC hanging, reach down and feel the skin at the base. If it is tight, you might benefit from dedicated skin stretch for a week or so.

Then to check, hang one normal BTC set each day, first set of a session is fine, and see if the skin is loose. If it is, then you can resume normal hanging. If not, continue with dedicated skin stretch.

Seldom did I need more than a week of dedicated skin stretch.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                              X