Progress and Troubleshooting Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress and Troubleshooting Log

Figured I would start a log here since I know I will have more questions in the future and would rather have all the info in one area.

So Iím short I have been hanging about 4 months, taking my time learning and trying new methods. I havenít exceeded 8 pounds so far in a workout but I have gotten my actual working time up to two hours 6 sets of 20 mins a day. I have had roughly a quarter inch in length gain surprisingly even though I have not broken into the double digits in weight.

i have had some problems along the way. Worked most of them out but I have been encountering a new problem lately.

These past two weeks roughly I have been experiencing a new pain sometimes as early as the first 20 minute set and would like some opinions or methods to combat it.

So so hereís the problem, When I attach the hanger on my first set usually around 5-6 pounds right now I have noticed what seems like pressure build up on the underside of the shaft, behind the head. Initially it doesnít bother me but as the set goes on discomfort definitely increases eventually leading me to quit the set. Now there is literally no other pain during my set and wrapping technique I believe is good. No stress or discomfort on the upper part of the shaft. The pain is only on the part of my shaft that protrudes in front of the hanger. So to be exact, the underside of the shaft in between the hangers first rib and my coronal ridge.

Any help is appreciated and if you need anymore info please ask.

DR_DUB,

>So Iím short I have been hanging about 4 months, taking my time learning and trying new methods. I havenít exceeded 8 pounds so far in a workout but I have gotten my actual working time up to two hours 6 sets of 20 mins a day. I have had roughly a quarter inch in length gain surprisingly even though I have not broken into the double digits in weight.<

Congratulations.

>So so hereís the problem, When I attach the hanger on my first set usually around 5-6 pounds right now I have noticed what seems like pressure build up on the underside of the shaft, behind the head. Initially it doesnít bother me but as the set goes on discomfort definitely increases eventually leading me to quit the set. Now there is literally no other pain during my set and wrapping technique I believe is good. No stress or discomfort on the upper part of the shaft. The pain is only on the part of my shaft that protrudes in front of the hanger. So to be exact, the underside of the shaft in between the hangers first rib and my coronal ridge.<

Do you have a good bit of edema there?

Is the hanger slipping during the set?

Bigger

Comment

>Do you have a good bit of edema there?<

Yes I do have edema there, I donít know how much is considered acceptable but it is definitely apparent.

>Is the hanger slipping during the set?<

I do notice maybe a maximum of 1/4 inch of slippage. I canít say I notice this every time though.

It seemed like I had my wrap dialed in but now I am considering the possibility I might not.

Comment

DR_DUB,

>Yes I do have edema there, I donít know how much is considered acceptable but it is definitely apparent.<

It is a matter of comfort. When I had edema in that area, it stung pretty good. I had to figure out what the cause(s) were. Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those.

You need to check all of them.

>I do notice maybe a maximum of 1/4 inch of slippage. I canít say I notice this every time though.<

OK, that alone will cause high internal blood pressure, pushing fluid into the interstitial spaces of the skin. You may need more rounds of tightening, before you attach the weight. Or tighten more during the set.

>It seemed like I had my wrap dialed in but now I am considering the possibility I might not.<

Your wrap may be fine. Just be sure the first passes, toward the head, are passive. No tension pulled on them. Then, for the passes in the attachment zone, pull a bit of tension, in order to form a solid, stable bundle.

But check the other factors also.

Bigger

Comment

Okay I will be sure to check all of these things and or the combination of them. Iím thinking I may not be seating my shaft deep enough into the well causing excess pressure on the underside when hanging. I will keep you updated.

>Your wrap may be fine. Just be sure the first passes, toward the head, are passive. No tension pulled on them. Then, for the passes in the attachment zone, pull a bit of tension, in order to form a solid, stable bundle.<

i do do have a troubleshooting questions about wrapping... I have always understood that you want the first one or two wraps to be passive but I do not know how exactly to get a completely passive wrap without causing a fold on the passive wraps when I move to the tighter wraps... any suggestions?

I also understand spiraling the wrap downward is the way to go as to not have a solid layer pressing towards the head. But exactly how much angle are you putting on your wrapping when spiraling?

Comment

DR_DUB,

>i do do have a troubleshooting questions about wrapping... I have always understood that you want the first one or two wraps to be passive but I do not know how exactly to get a completely passive wrap without causing a fold on the passive wraps when I move to the tighter wraps... any suggestions?<

The first passes need to be passive. But not wrinkly. Then, you do not need to go from no tension, to a lot of tension. You can pull just a bit on the first tension pass, then a bit more, etc.

>I also understand spiraling the wrap downward is the way to go as to not have a solid layer pressing towards the head. But exactly how much angle are you putting on your wrapping when spiraling?<

That depends on each guy, and his overall length, after the first couple of passes. At least an eighth to a quarter inch for the third pass. The others will depend on how much WFG you need.

The spirals at the top to not have to be large, to prevent a hard edge.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X