Seem to be stuck in progression...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seem to be stuck in progression...

I havenít been hanging all that long, but for some reason my BTC weight is much lower than it used to be.. I canít even get to 5 lbs...should I switch to a different angle of attack? Straight out, for example? I feel that for all the work Iíve put in since April when I started, there havenít been any gains. I can definitely see (or think I see) that my base is thickening up, but not seeing any length gains. Any advice is much appreciated!

Mountainman87,

>I havenít been hanging all that long, but for some reason my BTC weight is much lower than it used to be.. I canít even get to 5 lbs...<

I need a lot more information that this. Why can you not get to five lbs? Is it attachment problems? Target tissues? Skin? How much were you hanging? How many sets per day? Every day?

Give me something to work with.

>should I switch to a different angle of attack? Straight out, for example?<

SO does not have many benefits for gains.

Do you have potential for gains from lig stretch? What are the results of your three tests?

>I feel that for all the work Iíve put in since April when I started, there havenít been any gains.<

First I have heard about it. Why have you waited till now to ask?

Bigger

Comment

>I need a lot more information that this. Why can you not get to five lbs? Is it attachment problems? Target tissues? Skin? How much were you hanging? How many sets per day? Every day?<

I recently had to take two weeks off due to crazy traveling, but I was doing 7 lbs max, 6-8 sets a day, daily... I would have to drop the weight after only one or two sets... now that I am back at it, it seems like my skin isn't too happy jumping back into the routine, with general soreness, but I haven't been able to handle more than 4.5 lbs for one set, subsequently dropping (all BTC)Ö my wrapping technique may be part of the problem as well, I have been using a cotton wrap only from a headband, I have TheraBand but haven't figured out how to use it effectively, so I gave up pretty quickly trying to incorporate it as part of the wrap.

>Do you have potential for gains from lig stretch? What are the results of your three tests?<

Mirror test, I am having a hard time gauging, I would say I am about level with the bottom of my pubic bone. LOT, if I understand it correctly, would be about 8:00 when I lose that tugback kegeling in the stretch. The palpation test, I can find the bottom of my pubic bone easily enough, but I guess I don't quite understand the "skin exit point" that you refer to regularly...

>
      First I have heard about it. Why have you waited till now to ask?<

I am sorry, this is a trait of mine to not speak up and ask for help when I should. I really want to get the technique down (I imagine wrapping and attaching improvements may change this significantly) and benefit from hanging, and I appreciate all of your input.

Side note: It also seems like my skin is always sore after hanging, don't know if that's because of where or how I am attaching, or if I just need it to catch up in order to continue hitting the ligs

Thanks Bigger,

Mountain Man

Comment

Mountainman87,

>I recently had to take two weeks off due to crazy traveling, but I was doing 7 lbs max, 6-8 sets a day, daily...<

Well, that is your problem. When you took two weeks off, you lost all soft tissue conditioning. You cannot start back at the same levels you were. You must drop back, start over, and work your way back up.

Also, if you have been hanging since April, you could have been up to a lot more weight by now. I did not start gaining till I hit 7.5 lbs, and that was within the first month.

>I would have to drop the weight after only one or two sets... now that I am back at it, it seems like my skin isn't too happy jumping back into the routine, with general soreness, but I haven't been able to handle more than 4.5 lbs for one set, subsequently dropping (all BTC)Ö my wrapping technique may be part of the problem as well, I have been using a cotton wrap only from a headband, I have TheraBand but haven't figured out how to use it effectively, so I gave up pretty quickly trying to incorporate it as part of the wrap.<

It is most likely not a technique issue. It is a consistency issue. When you stop for two weeks, you must start back at three sets for no more than five lbs. Then, you can try adding a set every 3-4 days. Then add weight after your sets are back up. But you cannot start back where you were.

But why exactly were you dropping weight? Was it attachment point fatigue, or target tissue fatigue?

>I can find the bottom of my pubic bone easily enough, but I guess I don't quite understand the "skin exit point" that you refer to regularly...<

Well, you found the toughest point.

The other point of interest is the spot on the lower abdominal skin where the shaft comes out. Exits the body. The midline of the shaft at that point, to the bottom of the pubic bone. What is the distance?

>I am sorry, this is a trait of mine to not speak up and ask for help when I should. I really want to get the technique down (I imagine wrapping and attaching improvements may change this significantly) and benefit from hanging, and I appreciate all of your input.<

If you have not already, you are welcome to send me the technique pics for evaluation.

>Side note: It also seems like my skin is always sore after hanging, don't know if that's because of where or how I am attaching, or if I just need it to catch up in order to continue hitting the ligs<

Other than this two weeks period, have you been consistent? If not, your skin is going to give you issues. You need to hang every day, and allow the skin to adapt.

Also, are you putting on a thin layer of Vaseline every day? If not, it really seals the skin, soothes, and helps it to heal.

Bigger

Comment

>
          Well, that is your problem. When you took two weeks off, you lost all soft tissue conditioning. You cannot start back at the same levels you were. You must drop back, start over, and work your way back up.

Also, if you have been hanging since April, you could have been up to a lot more weight by now. I did not start gaining till I hit 7.5 lbs, and that was within the first month.<

working my way back up, but I believe back when I was at 7, I was experiencing attachment point fatigue more than target tissue fatigue. It took me a while to work up to 7, which made me think I may not have a great technique.

>
          The other point of interest is the spot on the lower abdominal skin where the shaft comes out. Exits the body. The midline of the shaft at that point, to the bottom of the pubic bone. What is the distance?<

This would appear to be about 2 inches..

>Other than this two weeks period, have you been consistent? If not, your skin is going to give you issues. You need to hang every day, and allow the skin to adapt.

Also, are you putting on a thin layer of Vaseline every day? If not, it really seals the skin, soothes, and helps it to heal.<

I was consistent up until that two week period. As I mentioned above, I was wondering if the fact it took me so long to get to 7 was an indicator that I was doing something wrong. I haven't been using Vaseline, but I have a shea butter and vitamin E cream that I was using daily to help skin healing.

Comment

Mountainman,

>working my way back up, but I believe back when I was at 7, I was experiencing attachment point fatigue more than target tissue fatigue. It took me a while to work up to 7, which made me think I may not have a great technique.<

That is most probably correct. You should send me the technique pics. If you wish to do so, ask for instructions.

>This would appear to be about 2 inches..<

The test results are in the ballpark. You should be able to gain a half inch to an inch from lig stretch alone. Tunica gains are not limited. But you need to hang at the lower angles, fix your technique, and work up to about 20 lbs, before you start tunica work. Hopefully by the time you get up in weight, you will have fully stretched out your ligs.

>Other than this two weeks period, have you been consistent? If not, your skin is going to give you issues. You need to hang every day, and allow the skin to adapt.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

>I was consistent up until that two week period. As I mentioned above, I was wondering if the fact it took me so long to get to 7 was an indicator that I was doing something wrong.<

It surely sounds like.it. Without seeing what you are doing, I cannot tell for sure.

Bigger

Comment

I am happy to send technique pics, if you can give me the instructions, let me know what you need.

I will absolutely heed your advice and stick to lower angles till 20 lbs.

Thanks!

Comment

Mountainman,

>I am happy to send technique pics, if you can give me the instructions, let me know what you need.<

I need four pictures only.

1. Wrapped bundle taken from the top of the shaft. Grasp the head and stretch out the shaft.

2. Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger.

3. Attachment point, hanger on, not tightened, taken from the top of the shaft.

4. Hanging pictures, taken from the top of the shaft. I must be able to see the head.

Please indicate the set in which the pictures were taken; 1st, 2nd, last, etc.

Be sure to detail any problems you are having, so that I can address them.

Be sure to attach the pictures to the email. Do NOT embed them.

Bigger

Comment

The description of the pictures seems clear. What email address should I send to with the attachments? Or attach in this thread?
                  Last edited by Mountainman87; 08-01-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Mountainman,

>The description of the pictures seems clear. What email address should I send to with the attachments?<

[email protected]

Bigger

Comment

Hey bigger, not sure if picking up where we left off in this thread is appropriate, but it made sense to keep it all in the same thread...

I have made it up to 10 pounds, itís a little intense for the first 30-40 seconds of the first set, I imagine thatís when most of the adhesions from the previous session are being pulled back out. The Theraband is a huge improvement wrapping-wise, thanks to your advice.

couple of follow up questions..
                      1. It looks like I have a LOT from 6-7, starts tugging back at 8 and 9. Should I be trying to add SO into my routine, or stick to BTC only?
                      2. Should I stick to working up to your prescribed 20ish lbs. mentioned beforehand prior to attempting any OTS or fulcrum work?

lastly, I definitely measured some gains in length this past week, so I am committed to pursue this and see where I end up! So pumped!

Comment

Mountainman87,

>Hey bigger, not sure if picking up where we left off in this thread is appropriate, but it made sense to keep it all in the same thread...<

Perfect. Keep all your posts together.

>I have made it up to 10 pounds, itís a little intense for the first 30-40 seconds of the first set, I imagine thatís when most of the adhesions from the previous session are being pulled back out.<

Yes sir.

>The Theraband is a huge improvement wrapping-wise, thanks to your advice.<

Great.

>1. It looks like I have a LOT from 6-7, starts tugging back at 8 and 9.<

Your LOT is when you first see a reduction in tugback. What are the results of your other two tests?

>Should I be trying to add SO into my routine, or stick to BTC only?<

You want to stay at the lower angles until your ligs are fully stretched out. LOT of 6, low skin exit point, an inch or so of inner penis.

>2. Should I stick to working up to your prescribed 20ish lbs. mentioned beforehand prior to attempting any OTS or fulcrum work?<

You need to be conditioned to hang at least that much before you try tunica work.

>lastly, I definitely measured some gains in length this past week, so I am committed to pursue this and see where I end up! So pumped!<

That is great! Congratulations.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                        X