Going from manual to automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from manual to automatic

Sometimes I still stomp my left foot down on the break pedal thinking it's the clutch.

Hello Bigger, et al. I've enjoyed some success from applying manual traction (manual stretching). It was hard won and a very long story I won't bore you with unless somebody asks.

The reason I decided to explore a mechanical (auto) solution is that I was having repetitive strain issues in the joints of my index and middle fingers, sore hand muscles, and failing arm muscles during my manual sessions. Plus the gains stopped by about Day 21 (twice - once in 2018 and once in 2019). I knew I was going to have to go for a long haul, but there was no way my hands were going to hold out.

So I'm just beginning with the BIB Starter.

I had developed considerable skill and comfort with manuals, despite the issues I ultimately ran into. I also seemed to learn a lot about what the process of gaining was going to require. So at the moment I'm learning to work with the new sensations produced by the mechanical grip of the BIB and playing with adjustments, and reading deeply into the archives here because I don't want to be a hungry little birdy. I like to resolve my own problems if I can.

I'm hanging a 4 lb dumbbell as I type this and enjoying the hands free experience.

If there's an issue it's that I want to get up to familiar speed sooner rather than later. Patience is required. I guess I was applying something like 20 lbs to acheive fatigue with my former manual practice. It's an estimate, but I think a good one based on what I've tried with the BIB so far (hung 12 lbs for a few seconds and easily can pull more than that with manuals). So I'm having to be patient with the new process and not try to force my way up or get frustrated with the new adjustments.

Mainly I'm hoping that eventually the comfort with the BIB will rival that of the attachment point of my former manual grip and I'll be sailing along smoothly.

I'd be happy to hear from other guys who have made this transition.

Thanks,

MNmike.

MNmike,

>If there's an issue it's that I want to get up to familiar speed sooner rather than later. Patience is required.<

Indeed. You must learn how to hang correctly, and also condition soft tissues to handle the grip of the hanger for 20 minutes.

>Mainly I'm hoping that eventually the comfort with the BIB will rival that of the attachment point of my former manual grip and I'll be sailing along smoothly.<

You are in luck. I designed the hangers to mimic the hand, specifically the fingers and thumb, while manually stretching. So the inner fingers of the hanger are like the thumb on one side, and first two fingers on the other, while manually stretching.

You just need to become good at wrapping, and adjust your hanger to mimic the hand, when the hanger is very tight.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
    X