Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glans Discoloration from over-engorgement / How to ensure flaccid glans during hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glans Discoloration from over-engorgement / How to ensure flaccid glans during hang

New user here, just got my hanger two weeks ago.

I'd been working my weight up on a DIY captain's wench hanger for some months prior, so I started hanging with the bib using the same amount of weight - 15 lbs. This currently feels like the minimum weight that can achieve that nice deep "tug" on the tissues.

My concern is long term glans discoloration - greyish-brown spotting around the tip and underside of the glans. This issue started when I was using my previous hanger - one reason I bought this one, but the discoloration continues to spread into new spots during some sets with this hanger too. I assume the cause is that the hanger and its weight is creating too much pressure on the blood vessels in the glans, forcing blood to leach out into superficial tissue.

Problem is that the the glans ends up being ALWAYS engorged after a set. I thought that maybe it was the result of warming up (with a rice sock), as the heat in the tissues helps to retain blood (so it seems). But this happens when I don't warm up either, albeit with the head also being cool and grey/purple. I'd followed all the advice I'd seen around this forum for similar issues. Fixing the toe distance, lighter wrap tightness with a tighter hanger grip. Pressing down on the head while the hanger is positioned (but not tight) to redirect blood down below the wrap. Squeezing the head as I tighten the wing nut. But no dice.

Advice much appreciated. I don't want to cut back on my hanging regimen,
    Thanks

mxthree,

>I'd been working my weight up on a DIY captain's wench hanger for some months prior, so I started hanging with the bib using the same amount of weight - 15 lbs. This currently feels like the minimum weight that can achieve that nice deep "tug" on the tissues.<

You cannot do that. Your tissues are not adapted to the Bib forces. You need to follow the stress progression in the NOS email.

>My concern is long term glans discoloration - greyish-brown spotting around the tip and underside of the glans. This issue started when I was using my previous hanger - one reason I bought this one, but the discoloration continues to spread into new spots during some sets with this hanger too. I assume the cause is that the hanger and its weight is creating too much pressure on the blood vessels in the glans, forcing blood to leach out into superficial tissue.<

It is. The big problem is trying to hang that much weight without tissue adaptation.

This can happen even when doing things correctly. It is generally a technique issue:

Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those.

>Problem is that the the glans ends up being ALWAYS engorged after a set.<

Are you saying the head collects blood when hanging 15 lbs? If so, you have the best circulation I have ever heard of.

>I thought that maybe it was the result of warming up (with a rice sock), as the heat in the tissues helps to retain blood (so it seems). But this happens when I don't warm up either, albeit with the head also being cool and grey/purple. I'd followed all the advice I'd seen around this forum for similar issues. Fixing the toe distance, lighter wrap tightness with a tighter hanger grip. Pressing down on the head while the hanger is positioned (but not tight) to redirect blood down below the wrap. Squeezing the head as I tighten the wing nut. But no dice.<

I need to know exactly when the head fills with blood. Also, you are effectively removing all excess blood before attaching the weight?

Bigger

Comment

How do the adapted tissues prevent that sort of engorgement in a way that the unadapted tissue doesn't?

Comment

mxthree,

>How do the adapted tissues prevent that sort of engorgement in a way that the unadapted tissue doesn't?<

I did not say that they would. Allowing the tissues to adapt slowly helps prevent soft tissue injury.

Then, it is much better to learn to hang with the Bib at lighter weights. Jumping in at 15 lbs is not wise.

So, your head may engorge at five lbs because of technique issues. You are much less likely to have problems at five lbs, than at 15. Get your technique down while hanging five lbs or less. Be patient and safe.

Bigger

Comment

Yes, it's still engorging with blood with 5 lbs, during the first few minutes of the hang. Though it seems to be the level of engorgement that I see during an erection, as opposed to the uncomfortable over-engorgement ive seen with bad technique before

Comment

mxthree,

>Yes, it's still engorging with blood with 5 lbs, during the first few minutes of the hang. Though it seems to be the level of engorgement that I see during an erection, as opposed to the uncomfortable over-engorgement ive seen with bad technique before<

OK, follow the stress progression from the NOS email. Get all the excess blood out that you can. At some point, hopefully before you get to 15 lbs, you will adjust to hanging, and the engorgement issue will subside. Usually, it is impossible for the body to pump that much blood, under pressure, to the head and upper shaft.

The also, try to see that the dorsal vein is in the top blood channel of the hanger. That vein is what drains the head of blood.

Bigger

Comment

Following up on this:

Even with careful head-squeezing during tightening, and progressive weight increase per your guide, I'm still seeing more and more grey/brown spots appearing.

The issue seems to be that ANY amount of blood in and around the glans, regardless of how much is squeezed out during tightening, will be pushed hard against the tip of the glans under the clamped weight of the hanging, exerting pressure that bursts through capillaries. Could this be remedied by mounting the hanger further back along the shaft?

How is the glans supposed to look, engorgement-wise, during a hang? Is it supposed to have some of the wrinkly texture you normally see when it's flaccid? Or is some degree of inflated tautness of skin to be expected?

Comment

mxthree,

>Even with careful head-squeezing during tightening, and progressive weight increase per your guide, I'm still seeing more and more grey/brown spots appearing.<

OK, you do not want to continue increasing weight, until you adjust your technique, and get to where you do not have high internal blood pressure.

>The issue seems to be that ANY amount of blood in and around the glans, regardless of how much is squeezed out during tightening, will be pushed hard against the tip of the glans under the clamped weight of the hanging, exerting pressure that bursts through capillaries. Could this be remedied by mounting the hanger further back along the shaft?<

It is possible. I would need to see where you are attaching, wrapping, etc. But usually, it is a matter of not tightening enough. Not enough rounds of tightening, before you attach the weight.

>How is the glans supposed to look, engorgement-wise, during a hang?<

Flaccid. Soft.

>Is it supposed to have some of the wrinkly texture you normally see when it's flaccid?<

I believe I understand what you mean. The skin should not be stretched out. There should be creases in it.

>Or is some degree of inflated tautness of skin to be expected?<

No. Soft.

Bigger

Comment

Part of the issue seems to be that my warm up (with a rice sock) draws blood into the tissues / creates some swelling, even when totally flaccid.
                  Though I've also been heating the rice sock on the hotter side - not hot enough to cause pain / burn - but hot enough to ensure that the tissues are as warm as possible. Is this wrong?

Comment

mxthree,

>Part of the issue seems to be that my warm up (with a rice sock) draws blood into the tissues / creates some swelling, even when totally flaccid.<

Then do not do it. Just wait till you are wrapped, attached, and hanging, then just put the rick sock on the ligs.

>Though I've also been heating the rice sock on the hotter side - not hot enough to cause pain / burn - but hot enough to ensure that the tissues are as warm as possible. Is this wrong?<

103.5 degrees F is enough to make the ligs malleable. More malleable. That is within the ligs. The skin is thin, ligs just under the skin. So about 105 is probably enough. That is not too hot. Just get the rice sock warm.

Bigger

Comment

I actually just tried only wrapping the sock around the lower part of the shaft and pubis, avoiding heat against the glans. That alone seems to have improved the problem.

I'll try the method you recommended, which sounds even better, for my next hanging session. Thanks!

Comment

Some improvement, but the engorgement is still there.

It happens as I first put the hanger on, when I start pulling it forward toward the head between bits of incremental tightening, as the hanger graps internals and the cushion of skin forms around the corona. So I'm basically pushing all the blood forward, sort of like jelqing. Then the blood just stays there, keeping the glans swollen and taut through the entire session.

Aside from the "productive pain" of the stretching internals, there's no discomfort whatsoever.

Could i be mounting/tightening the hanger wrong?

Comment

mxthree,

>It happens as I first put the hanger on, when I start pulling it forward toward the head between bits of incremental tightening, as the hanger graps internals and the cushion of skin forms around the corona. So I'm basically pushing all the blood forward, sort of like jelqing. Then the blood just stays there, keeping the glans swollen and taut through the entire session.<

It sounds like you are not keeping forward pressure during tightening.

When you first attach the hanger, before tightening much, if at all, you need to push it all the way to the head, and allow the excess blood to move past the wrap. If it cannot, then either your wrap is too tight, you tightened the hanger too much before pushing forward, or a combination.

If you still cannot get out the excess blood, then squeeze the head and upper shaft, and get out most of the blood, before you push the hanger forward. If that does not work, let me know.

After pushing forward, hold it there a minute, until all the excess blood is removed. Then use your left thumb to reestablish the gap between head and hanger, as you go through the tightening process.

You want to push down/forward with your left thumb, on the shaft, between head and hanger, while you are lifting up on the hanger with your left palm, as you tighten the hanger with your right hand. This will force the shaft low in the shaft well, and keep the excess blood from returning. While waiting between tightening periods, hold forward pressure on the hanger, to keep excess blood from returning. When you finish tightening, the head should be flaccid, and the hanger tight.

From the time you remove the excess blood, until the set is over, you need some forward pressure, to keep the blood from returning.

>Could i be mounting/tightening the hanger wrong?<

It is possible. I would need to see the four technique pictures.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                          X