Fatigue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DingDong86,

>An issue I’ve been running into multiple times is that after about a week of hanging BTC, the skin on the right side of my shaft gets irritated? It’s hard to explain, but basically it gets very red where the 3 grippers are at inside the hanger<

Are you using Vaseline on the skin every day? If not, you need to keep a thin layer of V massaged in.

>and the bottom gripper almost seems like it digs into my skin.<

Then you are doing something wrong. There should be little to NO pressure on the bottom chamber of the shaft. The bottom gap must be larger than the top gap, and you should not feel anything digging into the bottom chamber.

>Eventually, I have to stop hanging for a couple days/sometimes a week<

That is the absolute worst thing you can do. If you continue to hang, your soft tissues will adapt. If you stop, you LOSE soft tissue conditioning, and the cycle repeats. You also lose the opportunity to gain, and allow the collagenous tissues to heal.

>Should I just go light for right now until my skin is conditioned?<

Well, you are supposed to follow the stress progression in the NOS email. You are supposed to condition soft tissues slowly over time, as you slowly move up.

If you have jumped ahead, and not done that, then yes. You need to drop back to a weight your soft tissues can handle, and slowly move back up.

>I’m currently hanging 17.5-19.5lbs BTC. I know my ligs can handle the weight with no issues, but it’s just my shaft skin keeps holding me back after each week when attempting to BTC hang. <

See, you appear to have skipped sets. It does not matter if your ligs can handle the weight at this point. You have not conditioned soft tissues to be able to hang a weight that will challenge the collagenous tissues.

I see this often. Guys get impatient, want to move up faster than they should, and they cause problems. You cannot take short cuts.

Bigger

Comment

I’ve lowered my weight to 12 pounds and it seems to be doing fine for my soft tissues to toughen up. Been at it for almost a week and I’ll keep an eye on it before increasing my weight again. I’ve been applying Jergens Ultra Healing lotion after every hanging session since I’ve started hanging a little less than a year ago. Lately, I’ve incorporated Vitamin’s A, C, and E into my supplements regiment to help with my skin too.

Comment

Hello Bigger,

This is DingDong86 again. A while back, I had mentioned about how I was having issues with my skin.(here is your response from my “Fatigue” thread)
        DingDong86,

>An issue I’ve been running into multiple times is that after about a week of hanging BTC, the skin on the right side of my shaft gets irritated? It’s hard to explain, but basically it gets very red where the 3 grippers are at inside the hanger<

Are you using Vaseline on the skin every day? If not, you need to keep a thin layer of V massaged in.

>and the bottom gripper almost seems like it digs into my skin.<

Then you are doing something wrong. There should be little to NO pressure on the bottom chamber of the shaft. The bottom gap must be larger than the top gap, and you should not feel anything digging into the bottom chamber.

>Eventually, I have to stop hanging for a couple days/sometimes a week<

That is the absolute worst thing you can do. If you continue to hang, your soft tissues will adapt. If you stop, you LOSE soft tissue conditioning, and the cycle repeats. You also lose the opportunity to gain, and allow the collagenous tissues to heal.

>Should I just go light for right now until my skin is conditioned?<

Well, you are supposed to follow the stress progression in the NOS email. You are supposed to condition soft tissues slowly over time, as you slowly move up.

If you have jumped ahead, and not done that, then yes. You need to drop back to a weight your soft tissues can handle, and slowly move back up.

>I’m currently hanging 17.5-19.5lbs BTC. I know my ligs can handle the weight with no issues, but it’s just my shaft skin keeps holding me back after each week when attempting to BTC hang. <

See, you appear to have skipped sets. It does not matter if your ligs can handle the weight at this point. You have not conditioned soft tissues to be able to hang a weight that will challenge the collagenous tissues.

I see this often. Guys get impatient, want to move up faster than they should, and they cause problems. You cannot take short cuts.

Bigger
        I took your advice a while back about lowering the weight and gradually increasing it again(like in your product guide), and I’m still having issues. I use Jergen’s Ultra Healing lotion after my workouts, sometimes I’ll use cocoa butter Vaseline jelly during my hanging sessions, and I take other vitamins to help aid in skin health...but I’m still having problems. I have yet to take days off like I used to, so I’m powering through, but a part of me feels like something is off. Is there any way I can show you pictures of what I’m dealing with, my hanging set up, etc? I’m a more visual learner, so if there’s something you see I’m doing wrong in the pictures, it would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for this long personal message, I just figured this would be easier to address. Thank you!(I will for sure explain more too)

Comment

DingDong,

>I took your advice a while back about lowering the weight and gradually increasing it again(like in your product guide), and I’m still having issues. I use Jergen’s Ultra Healing lotion after my workouts, sometimes I’ll use cocoa butter Vaseline jelly during my hanging sessions, and I take other vitamins to help aid in skin health...but I’m still having problems. I have yet to take days off like I used to, so I’m powering through, but a part of me feels like something is off. Is there any way I can show you pictures of what I’m dealing with, my hanging set up, etc?<

Surely. But tell me also what skin issues you are having. Sometimes, guys can see something live, that is not apparent in pictures.

I need four pictures only.

1. Wrapped bundle taken from the top of the shaft. Grasp the head and stretch out the shaft.

2. Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger.

3. Attachment point, hanger on, not tightened, taken from the top of the shaft.

4. Hanging pictures, taken from the top of the shaft. I must be able to see the head.

Please indicate the set in which the pictures were taken; 1st, 2nd, last, etc.

Be sure to detail any problems you are having, so that I can address them.

Be sure to attach the pictures to the email. Do NOT embed them.

Bigger

Comment

Bigger,

Could I send the pictures through your PM instead of on this thread? And the skin issue is, I guess you could say, skin splitting?

Comment

DingDong,

>Could I send the pictures through your PM instead of on this thread?<

You cannot post pictures in the hangers section. Only the pictures section. Then, you cannot PM them.

You can email them to [email protected]

>And the skin issue is, I guess you could say, skin splitting?<

I have no idea without seeing it. If it is lines going across the shaft, it is stretch marks. That is what you want. The more length you want, the more of those you should have.

If the skin is open, then you applied too much stress to the skin, and created macro-tears, rather than micro-tears.

Bigger

Comment

Bigger,

I’ll email them as soon as I can. I’m currently at work so I’m not able to do so. And yes, the skin is open.

DingDong

Comment

Working...
                X