Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60-20 minute sets a week, four days on/ three days off

Hey Bib or anyone with insight,

From what I gather from lurking, three of Bib's maxims are "hang at least ten hours a week," "hang every day," and "no days off." And he further states that if someone found themselves having to take a day or more off due to privacy and/or time constrictions, to at least hang one set on each off/light day.

Having said all that, I'm going to ask a variation on a question I've seen asked ad nauseam:

I'm able to hang four straight days a week. The other three days I'm not able to hang at all. During the four days I'm able to hang as much as I like and over the past month I've taken advantage of that by hanging a minimum of four hours a day and a few times as much as six hours, all broken into 20 minute sets with heat applied before, during, and after sessions. These sets aren't necessarily all in one time chunk but spaced out into a typical routine of two hours in the morning, two hours in the evening and individual sets sprinkled throughout the day. On my three off days, I use a Monkeybar Extender, or at the very least, I'm wrapped and utilize a couple of Monty's weights to maintain an extended state for 10 to 12 hours each off day.

My obvious question is, what are your thoughts? Is it possible to overcome an off day by preceding it with copious amounts of hanging or does my taking three consecutive off days negate all the work? Can an ADS of sorts carry my efforts through the long weekend until my next hanging day comes around or is the only reliable way of maintaining gains hanging at least one set each off/light day?

Thank you for your time and I apologize for the redundancy.

P.S. - And for the record I use the Bib Starter. I've had it for about three years now and have used it intermittently during the on/off nature of my PE endeavors.
    Last edited by Simjam; 10-24-2019, 02:18 AM.

Simjam,

>I'm able to hang four straight days a week. The other three days I'm not able to hang at all. During the four days I'm able to hang as much as I like and over the past month I've taken advantage of that by hanging a minimum of four hours a day and a few times as much as six hours, all broken into 20 minute sets with heat applied before, during, and after sessions. These sets aren't necessarily all in one time chunk but spaced out into a typical routine of two hours in the morning, two hours in the evening and individual sets sprinkled throughout the day. On my three off days, I use a Monkeybar Extender, or at the very least, I'm wrapped and utilize a couple of Monty's weights to maintain an extended state for 10 to 12 hours each off day. My obvious question is, what are your thoughts? Is it possible to overcome an off day by preceding it with copious amounts of hanging or does my taking three consecutive off days negate all the work? Can an ADS of sorts carry my efforts through the long weekend until my next hanging day comes around or is the only reliable way of maintaining gains hanging at least one set each off/light day?<

During the three off days, you are going to lose soft tissue conditioning. That is the really bad thing. You can not going to be able to slowly work up to a stress level that will deform your collagenous tissues, because you will not give the tissues the opportunity to adapt to increasing stresses.

Then, during the three days off, you most probably will not be able to pull out adhesions formed from previous deformation. So you will cycle through deformation and healing.

I do not believe you are going to make significant gains with this regimen. If you use any great amount of weight, you will probably have soft tissue issues.

Is it possible that sometime in the near future, you will be able to hang every day?

Bigger

Comment

Bib, thanks for the response! If I can manage 1-20 minute set each off day, will that be enough to pull out adhesions and carry me through until the three days pass?

Comment

Simjam,

>If I can manage 1-20 minute set each off day, will that be enough to pull out adhesions and carry me through until the three days pass?<

It may pull out adhesions, but it will probably NOT keep soft tissue conditioning, in order to hang many sets on the other four days. It just does not work that way.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
          Simjam,

>If I can manage 1-20 minute set each off day, will that be enough to pull out adhesions and carry me through until the three days pass?<

It may pull out adhesions, but it will probably NOT keep soft tissue conditioning, in order to hang many sets on the other four days. It just does not work that way.

Bigger
          Thanks for the straightforwardness, Bib. I’ve seen soft tissue conditioning but still unsure what it means. Skin, veins, nerves, all the finer bits that need stretching? I hang ten pounds btc, so, otl, su without pain issues as long as my wrap is good. But I’ll find time to hang at least one set on each off day.

Comment

Simjam,

>I’ve seen soft tissue conditioning but still unsure what it means. Skin, veins, nerves, all the finer bits that need stretching?<

No, the soft tissues will stretch easily. When you stretch the tough collagenous tissues, the other tissues can usually go along with the ride.

Soft tissue conditioning refers to the skin, etc being able to withstand the lateral compression forces of the hanger. When you take off for 72 hours, they loose a lot of this adaptation, ability to continue. So, you risk injury, and especially things like discoloration and edema. Those things can happen anyway, but are many times more likely when you take time off.

>I hang ten pounds btc, so, otl, su without pain issues as long as my wrap is good. But I’ll find time to hang at least one set on each off day.<

First, if you have potential for gains from lig stretch, you should be concentrating on the lower angles, from BTC to SD.

I am fairly confident you are not going to like the outcome, of a 4 on 3 off schedule. You would be the first I have heard of.

Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
              Simjam,

>I’ve seen soft tissue conditioning but still unsure what it means. Skin, veins, nerves, all the finer bits that need stretching?<

No, the soft tissues will stretch easily. When you stretch the tough collagenous tissues, the other tissues can usually go along with the ride.

Soft tissue conditioning refers to the skin, etc being able to withstand the lateral compression forces of the hanger. When you take off for 72 hours, they loose a lot of this adaptation, ability to continue. So, you risk injury, and especially things like discoloration and edema. Those things can happen anyway, but are many times more likely when you take time off.

>I hang ten pounds btc, so, otl, su without pain issues as long as my wrap is good. But I’ll find time to hang at least one set on each off day.<

First, if you have potential for gains from lig stretch, you should be concentrating on the lower angles, from BTC to SD.

I am fairly confident you are not going to like the outcome, of a 4 on 3 off schedule. You would be the first I have heard of.

Bigger
              Hey Bib,

Just dropping an update. Despite my 4on/3off routine I managed to gain 1/2" BPEL and 3/8" BPFSL in one month of following my routine. Starting this week I'm now able to hang 5 days a week with Saturday and Sunday designated as my "light" days. On the weekend I will wear an ADS for 8+ hours and hang one 20 minute set each day. Hopefully this will improve my chances of consistent gains.

Thanks for taking the time.

Comment

Bigger

[/QUOTE]

Quick question, I've mainly focused on SO and OTL, so do you think my gains have mainly come from Tunica or Lig gains?

Comment

Simjam,

>Despite my 4on/3off routine I managed to gain 1/2" BPEL and 3/8" BPFSL in one month of following my routine.<

That is great! Congratulations. I hope it continues.

>Starting this week I'm now able to hang 5 days a week with Saturday and Sunday designated as my "light" days. On the weekend I will wear an ADS for 8+ hours and hang one 20 minute set each day. Hopefully this will improve my chances of consistent gains.<

It will. That is better, but still not optimal.

>Quick question, I've mainly focused on SO and OTL, so do you think my gains have mainly come from Tunica or Lig gains?<

SO and OTL stress the entire tunica, and sides of the tunica, respectively. They are not going to affect the ligs much if at all.

Bigger

Comment

>Quick question, I've mainly focused on SO and OTL, so do you think my gains have mainly come from Tunica or Lig gains?<

SO and OTL stress the entire tunica, and sides of the tunica, respectively. They are not going to affect the ligs much if at all.

Bigger
                    [/QUOTE]

Hmmm...okay, cool. I had the understanding that tunica gains were much harder to be had than lig gains, but I gained 1/2" in one month. And although I primarily found myself performing a variation of SO by using a pulley and doing OTL on both sides, I did manage to get some BTC and SD in there but not much. Is it probable I gained 1/2" in tunica stretch in one month or more likely some tunica/lig combo? I've been involved in PE since 2016 (having first heard about it back in 1999 - I'm 32 years old, fwiw) but my routines have been less than consistent, but despite the inconsistency, I've managed to retain my gains over the past three years, so I'm fairly confident this 1/2" BPEL (which is by far the most BPEL gain I've ever experienced) is not "newbie" gains...but maybe I'm wrong...what are your thoughts?

When you switched from lig stretching to tunica stretching, what kind of tunica gains did you experience on a month to month basis? What's a realistic expectation in the realm of tunica gains? And fwiw I understand that I need to maximize my lig gains before working on tunica gains to apply the most direct stress to the tunica because otherwise the stress will be shared between the two making all of my efforts more time consuming and incredibly inefficient. I'm asking out of curiosity.

I've been trying to apply the LOT theory and exit point diagrams to my anatomy and I think my LOT is an 8 and my exit point is...well, I'm not really sure. I'm inclined to say I'm the "green dot" on that diagram floating around over at Thunder's. I've been trying to figure out my groin cross-section but testicles make interpretation difficult. I can tell you this, pre-PE and after extensive time off from PE, my penis exits straight out a mere 2-3/4" -- 3". It would not hang unless I was in a sauna and even then my shaft never rested against my scrotum. I'm not sure if this information is helpful or relevant, but may I have your opinion? What about growth expectations from lig gains? If you have the time I'll supply you with any info you need to help me get this figured out. I've tried the palpation test a few times, but I don't understand how to interpret when my lig ends. I think I can follow it all the way back to my anus but again I'm having difficulty understanding the feel and anatomy of the ligament's termination point.

Okay, that's it for now. Thanks for everything, Bigger.

Simjam
                    Last edited by Simjam; 11-08-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Simjam,

>Hmmm...okay, cool. I had the understanding that tunica gains were much harder to be had than lig gains, but I gained 1/2" in one month.<

That is generally true. But it is also true that hanging newbie gains are much easier. To make significant gains, it takes a bit more effort. So, do not be surprised if gains slow or stop with that program.

>And although I primarily found myself performing a variation of SO by using a pulley and doing OTL on both sides, I did manage to get some BTC and SD in there but not much. Is it probable I gained 1/2" in tunica stretch in one month or more likely some tunica/lig combo?<

I cannot know.

>I've been involved in PE since 2016 (having first heard about it back in 1999 - I'm 32 years old, fwiw) but my routines have been less than consistent, but despite the inconsistency, I've managed to retain my gains over the past three years, so I'm fairly confident this 1/2" BPEL (which is by far the most BPEL gain I've ever experienced) is not "newbie" gains...but maybe I'm wrong...what are your thoughts?<

Whether you have done something else in the past or not, when many guys start hanging, they measure a quick gain.

>When you switched from lig stretching to tunica stretching, what kind of tunica gains did you experience on a month to month basis? What's a realistic expectation in the realm of tunica gains?<

I did all of my hanging for gains at the lower angles. I more than met my goals, fully stretching out my ligs. Of course, the outer tunica, up to where the ligs take the stress, receive stress at any angle, any technique. So, I made tunica gains, without concentrating on the tunica. I know this because the tip of my penis reached well below my navel, prePE, and now it is above my navel. Lig stretch will not do that. Only tunica gains will.

>I've been trying to apply the LOT theory and exit point diagrams to my anatomy and I think my LOT is an 8 and my exit point is...well, I'm not really sure.<

You are welcome to send me the three mirror test pictures for evaluation. If you want to, ask for instructions.

>I'm inclined to say I'm the "green dot" on that diagram floating around over at Thunder's. I've been trying to figure out my groin cross-section but testicles make interpretation difficult. I can tell you this, pre-PE and after extensive time off from PE, my penis exits straight out a mere 2-3/4" -- 3". It would not hang unless I was in a sauna and even then my shaft never rested against my scrotum. I'm not sure if this information is helpful or relevant, but may I have your opinion?<

That tells me nothing. Send the mirror test pics.

>What about growth expectations from lig gains?<

If your LOT is actually 8, then you have some potential for gains from lig stretch.

>If you have the time I'll supply you with any info you need to help me get this figured out. I've tried the palpation test a few times, but I don't understand how to interpret when my lig ends. I think I can follow it all the way back to my anus but again I'm having difficulty understanding the feel and anatomy of the ligament's termination point.<

It has nothing to do with the ligs. You palpate and find the hard edge bottom of the pubic bone. Measure from there, to the median skin exit point.

The bottom of the pubic bone will be a couple of inches forward, from the anus.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                      X