Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJ First Post - Newbie Hanging Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bigger,

I have just started (Thursday 21st) My week of 6 x 20mins @ 3.5lbs, under the NOS progression, having started at 3 x 20mins @ 3.5lbs..

It’s gone really well! Thank-you so much for the guidance. I remove the wrap after each 20min set, to allow Me as much wrapping practice time as possible.. which has really allowed Me to focus on correct technique..

My EQ is through the roof.. Better than when I was a teenager! I have no doubt I have gained too just by feel and look alone, whilst knowing this is very much a conditioning phase at this early stage.. but hey, bodes well for later down the line!!.. but the EQ is by far the most noticeable benefit at this very early stage.. Which was the primary driver for Me..

My question is just to check about the split sessions (AM & PM). As I am at My week of 6 x 20 mins, finishing next Thursday (28th), this is My max available AM hanging time.. I was going to start adding the 7th set starting PM and building weekly by adding an additional PM set each week, to reach the total daily max of 12 x 20mins (6x20mins AM & 6x20mins PM).. I will stay at 3.5lbs until I have reached the total, then start adding weight at no more than 15% per week. Is that the correct method to use with split sets?.
    Thanks Bigger..
    RJ :-)

Comment

Quiksilver,

>I have just started (Thursday 21st) My week of 6 x 20mins @ 3.5lbs, under the NOS progression, having started at 3 x 20mins @ 3.5lbs..<
      Remember, you can hang up to five lbs, at any time, while moving up in sets.

>My EQ is through the roof.. Better than when I was a teenager! I have no doubt I have gained too just by feel and look alone, whilst knowing this is very much a conditioning phase at this early stage.. but hey, bodes well for later down the line!!.. but the EQ is by far the most noticeable benefit at this very early stage.. Which was the primary driver for Me..<

That is great. But do not be surprised when/if it changes, as you get into fatigue.

>My question is just to check about the split sessions (AM & PM). As I am at My week of 6 x 20 mins, finishing next Thursday (28th), this is My max available AM hanging time.. I was going to start adding the 7th set starting PM and building weekly by adding an additional PM set each week, to reach the total daily max of 12 x 20mins (6x20mins AM & 6x20mins PM).. I will stay at 3.5lbs until I have reached the total, then start adding weight at no more than 15% per week. Is that the correct method to use with split sets?.<

There is no rule about split sets or how you do it. Just get in the sets. You can divide it as you need, by time or number. After you have slowly moved up to a stress level that brings on fatigue, you want to reach fatigue early in your sessions, each session, and ride the fatigue throughout each session.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bigger,

Thanks for the reply..

>I have just started (Thursday 21st) My week of 6 x 20mins @ 3.5lbs, under the NOS progression, having started at 3 x 20mins @ 3.5lbs..<

>>Understood - I will up the weight in line with that.

>My EQ is through the roof.. Better than when I was a teenager! I have no doubt I have gained too just by feel and look alone, whilst knowing this is very much a conditioning phase at this early stage.. but hey, bodes well for later down the line!!.. but the EQ is by far the most noticeable benefit at this very early stage.. Which was the primary driver for Me..<

That is great. But do not be surprised when/if it changes, as you get into fatigue.

>> Again, understood - I think as the weight is low, I am probably not hitting any fatigue.. thanks for the heads-up! That’s much appreciated and now won’t come as a surprise if/when it occurs.

>My question is just to check about the split sessions (AM & PM). As I am at My week of 6 x 20 mins, finishing next Thursday (28th), this is My max available AM hanging time.. I was going to start adding the 7th set starting PM and building weekly by adding an additional PM set each week, to reach the total daily max of 12 x 20mins (6x20mins AM & 6x20mins PM).. I will stay at 3.5lbs until I have reached the total, then start adding weight at no more than 15% per week. Is that the correct method to use with split sets?.<

There is no rule about split sets or how you do it. Just get in the sets. You can divide it as you need, by time or number. After you have slowly moved up to a stress level that brings on fatigue, you want to reach fatigue early in your sessions, each session, and ride the fatigue throughout each session.

>> That makes perfect sense.. over-thinking on My part!.

Thanks Bigger. Have a good weekend..

Comment

Hi Bigger,

Apologies.. I was being a little thick earlier re: your first reply re: weight:

>>Understood - I will up the weight in line with that.

Up until a few moments ago.. I was unilaterally going to just increase to 5lbs.. What a muppet!! What I now realise you were saying is that I can hang up to 5lbs whilst adding sets but if I felt too fatigued, then drop in the subsequent set to a lower weight.. 3.5lbs or more..

Sorry for misunderstanding Bigger.. Your reply was very clear.. My brain clearly wasn’t at the time of replying! Ha..

RJ

Comment

Hi Bigger,

I omitted to ask about Between the Cheeks (BTC) & Straight Down (SD) hanging.. You have already confirmed these are the angles I should be purely focussed on.

I understand that BTC is legs raised/elevated on a chair/desk etc.. and straight down is sitting down normally, legs on the floor (I use an adjustable breakfast stool).. Is there any guidance/recommendation for how much of each should be done in each 6 sets that I do?. or is the answer dependent upon the 3 tests?

Thanks Bigger.
            RJ

Comment

Quiksilver55,

>I understand that BTC is legs raised/elevated on a chair/desk etc..<

Reclining, pelvis parallel to the floor.

>and straight down is sitting down normally, legs on the floor (I use an adjustable breakfast stool)..<

As if standing.

>Is there any guidance/recommendation for how much of each should be done in each 6 sets that I do?. or is the answer dependent upon the 3 tests?<

Use the angle that gives the best stretch at any point in time. Usually, that is BTC. Or was for me. But then sometimes BTC is too intense, with any weight. Then you can hang SD.

Bigger

Comment

Perfect explanation Bigger..
                Thank-you so much..

Comment

Hi Bigger,

Just wanted to say a massive thank-you for the responses/replies and help for this newbie!..
                  Following NOS, I actually got my first 10 set day yesterday as My adding set day is Thursday.. so 6 x 20mins AM, 4 X 20mins PM.. I did actually go straight to 3 x 20mins PM when I reached 6 x 20mins in the AM... I know it is adding 3 extra sets in one go but I just figured (maybe foolishly!) that 1 x 20 min set in the evening in isolation wasn’t worth the prep time..

Following your responses, I have increased the weight to max 5lbs under the NOS progression.. and am almost exclusively now hanging BTC. (once again you were so right.. so much more intense) Now I am understanding what fatigue is.. and moreover starting to understand what it feels like.. and learning how to ride it. I know it is slightly different for all.. I have been fully expecting to reduce the weight in subsequent sets.. but (and I only hit 10 sets for the first time yesterday) I have ridden the fatigue so far without dropping.. I fully expect that I will have to at some point!.. One interesting point is that I feel more fatigue with the evening sets, yet the time difference between the AM & PM sessions is largely similar..

The one last piece of further advice I have taken from you at this early stage, is the not unwrapping between sets.. now that My wrapping technique is improved, the 10mins break between sets is now focussed primarily circulation restoration and secondarily making coffee! Ha..

It has been a great start for Me and I am very grateful for the quick, concise and clear instruction and guidance.. and putting Me on the right track swiftly..

Thanks Bigger..
                  Have a great weekend..
                  RJ

Comment

Quiksilver55,

>I did actually go straight to 3 x 20mins PM when I reached 6 x 20mins in the AM... I know it is adding 3 extra sets in one go but I just figured (maybe foolishly!) that 1 x 20 min set in the evening in isolation wasn’t worth the prep time..<

That is just not smart. You are never conditioned to jump three sets in one go.

Just cool the aggression and let the tissues adapt.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Bigger,

Understood.. I’ll reign back in on the evening session to 1 x 20mins and re-build from there as normal. Learning.. slowly!.
                      Thanks Bigger.
                      RJ

Comment

Hi Bigger,

NOS PROGRESSION SO FAR (See attached screenshot as I couldn’t get the table to align in the message!).

My daily sets are split 5 X 20mins AM and 5 X 20mins PM (10mins break between each set for circulation). I have tried 10 sets X 20mins straight (again 10mins between sets for circulation) but have found that by set 7/8, I have a fair amount of oedema building in My foreskin/area outside of the hanger attachment point (glans/shaft/foreskin). This is always gone by the next session.. Adhering to the AM & PM Split regimen, has addressed this issue.. I read on the forum, that oedema is a characteristic of deformation?. i.e it demonstrates that deformation is occurring?.

I don’t think I am losing significant opportunity by doing 5 sets AM and 5 sets PM, as opposed to 10 straight set as you have previously pointed out. it is 10 sets per day after all.. albeit split in to two sessions i.e. 3hours 20mins hanging per day or 23hours 20mins hanging time per week..

I was initially having issues with the wrap re: slippage which I have now really addressed through researching on the forum (I am uncut as I have said in My opening post in this thread but as you pointed out, when you ignore the foreskin and hold the tip of the glans when stretching to wrap.. it’s absolutely fine). I have also, at times had too much blood in the head.. I have addressed this (again through researching the forum.. thank-you!) and have been removing the excess blood between sets by squeezing the head and then, when attaching the hanger for the next set, hanger tightened slightly and continually pushed forwards and then tightened before attaching weights.. I am sure this has helped the oedema issue too.. I do not have any of the spots on My glans at the end of each session, that I suffered from early on (although there is discolouration on the tip of the glans at the end of each session, which goes within a few minutes of removing the wrap) before really addressing the wrap etc.. I have t-shirt material under wrap (circa 24” x 1.5”) and silver theraband top wrap - 30” x 1.5”. This covers pretty much all of My unit, starting 1-1.25” below the coronal ridge.. Where I tape the end of the wrap is behind the hanger attachment point and when the weight is attached, there is a minimum .5” gap (side on, mid-shaft) between the thumbs of the hanger and the coronal ridge.. Although the first set has been the most difficult as collagenous matrix fluid is not as built as further in to the session (I know you have referenced this many times on the forum), My first set at 7.5lbs, I had no slippage and the shoulders were good! Does all that sound about right?. I start at 8.0lbs tomorrow (23rd January).. I know you started gaining at 7.5lbs, so I seem to be in the ballpark. One further question in terms of tightness of wrap to give a solid, stable bundle.. I should still be able to pee whilst wearing the wrap right? I have over-tightened the wrap at the base at times, which has made peeing difficult.. so when this has happened, I have just loosened the wrap and re-taped..

I am doing exclusively BTC with a reclining office chair (sound familiar! Ha)..

Tests - High exit point, palpation test suggests 3.5”. I am struggling to really identify My LOT as I seem to have tug back (head/glans movement at all angles without loss.. perhaps I am doing it wrong.. Do I stretch out My Penis holding the glans as if I was going to start wrapping? I’ll read the LOT section a few more times..

I am not feeling a huge amount of fatigue.. is that normal this early on and having followed NOS Progression to the letter (I think!)? and with only nominal weight increases (certainly less than 15% per week or actually only 0.5lb per week since week 10 (see progression table above), where I have reached My current available private time. I wondered whether these are factors contributing to the lack of fatigue and I will feel it more as I move up in weight?. That said, I certainly can feel the ligs taking the strain (fanned and taught) and the feeling above My pubic bone and into the lower abdominal region and on the shaft through the sets but not enough to make Me want to reduce weight in subsequent sets.. I understand fatigue is different for each guy. Probably a very poor description by Me.. apologies!. I have gained circa 0.5”... I have put this down to newbie gains!..

Does it sound like I am on track? I know this is a marathon not a sprint.. against the grain for Me as I train Sprinting and Olympic Lifting! Ha..

Thanks Bigger..
                        RJ

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Quiksilver55; 01-22-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Quiksilver55,

>My daily sets are split 5 X 20mins AM and 5 X 20mins PM (10mins break between each set for circulation). I have tried 10 sets X 20mins straight (again 10mins between sets for circulation) but have found that by set 7/8, I have a fair amount of oedema building in My foreskin/area outside of the hanger attachment point (glans/shaft/foreskin). This is always gone by the next session.. Adhering to the AM & PM Split regimen, has addressed this issue.. I read on the forum, that oedema is a characteristic of deformation?. i.e it demonstrates that deformation is occurring?.<

No. Though you may be deforming the skin in that area, the swelling, cause of turtling, that comes from collagenous tissue deformation occurs in the ligs and tunica. Not the skin.

You have high internal blood pressure pushing fluid into the interstitial spaces of the skin. Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those.

It is a physical process, the fluid being forced into the skin. But you should know, a bit of edema in the foreskin after that many sets is not generally too bad. If it swells enough to start stinging, that can be bad.

>My first set at 7.5lbs, I had no slippage and the shoulders were good! Does all that sound about right?<

Yes.

>I start at 8.0lbs tomorrow (23rd January).. I know you started gaining at 7.5lbs, so I seem to be in the ballpark.<

Every guy is different. That you have already gained is great. There is no telling when you will begin to reach true fatigue.

>One further question in terms of tightness of wrap to give a solid, stable bundle.. I should still be able to pee whilst wearing the wrap right?<

Generally, yes. But you want the wrapped bundle to perform correctly for hanging. Peeing while wrapped is not the goal. So at some point, if your wrapped bundle is not solid or stable enough, you will need to apply a bit more tension, in the attachment zone, whether you can pee or not.

>Tests - High exit point, palpation test suggests 3.5”. I am struggling to really identify My LOT as I seem to have tug back (head/glans movement at all angles without loss.. perhaps I am doing it wrong.. Do I stretch out My Penis holding the glans as if I was going to start wrapping? I’ll read the LOT section a few more times..<

OK, if you have a high skin exit point, and palpate 3.5 inches of inner penis, your LOT is most probably 11 to 12. When you kegal, how strong is the tugback, when stretching toward your chin? How much does the head retract approximately? It could be that your ligs are high and tight enough, that you do not see much change at any stretch angle. That is, for now. When you have stretched your ligs enough, you may be able to see a difference.

>I am not feeling a huge amount of fatigue.. is that normal this early on and having followed NOS Progression to the letter (I think!)?<

IT is different for every guy. I have had a few that did not reach fatigue until they were hanging 30 lbs. It depends on the strength of your collagenous tissues, which vary greatly.

>and with only nominal weight increases (certainly less than 15% per week or actually only 0.5lb per week since week 10 (see progression table above), where I have reached My current available private time. I wondered whether these are factors contributing to the lack of fatigue and I will feel it more as I move up in weight?<

At some point, you will reach true fatigue. Moving up a half lb a week, it may take some time.

>. That said, I certainly can feel the ligs taking the strain (fanned and taught) and the feeling above My pubic bone and into the lower abdominal region and on the shaft through the sets but not enough to make Me want to reduce weight in subsequent sets.. I understand fatigue is different for each guy. Probably a very poor description by Me.. apologies!. I have gained circa 0.5”... I have put this down to newbie gains!..<

That is great. Congratulations. As long as you are gaining, and you do not need to reduce the weight due to fatigue, that is fantastic. You are pulling out a lot of weaker loci that do not create much discomfort, at this time. That will most likely change, as you move up in weight. When the weaker loci are pulled out, the stronger ones will present themselves, and you should feel it.

Be sure to read the managing fatigue thread in the Basics section.

>Does it sound like I am on track?<

It sounds like everything is perfect at this time. As you move up in weight, remember that you will need to tighten a bit more each week, so the grasp on the internals will hold the additional weight.

Your stress progression is fine, though a bit conservative, compared to others I have seen.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                          X