Huge thanks to Bigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToniMS,

>Last couple weeks have been going well. I am hanging BTC and having a twisting condition. Every time the same twist direction. Tried to set the shaft deeper in the shaft well and also tried to pull the head out to eliminate twisting in under the wrapping prior to tightening? Hanging 7 sets 20 mins at 5 lbs. Other then the twist everything has been great. Going to 5 1/2 - 6 lbs next week.<

Just to be clear, are you writing about the shaft hanger and everytihng turning to one side? Or are you writing about the shaft turning inside the hanger?

If the former, it is the bump. The outer shaft falling over to one side or the other, of the inner shaft. Just alternate sides.

If you mean the shaft is turning within the hanger, then I need to know when it is occuring. At attachment, during tightening (when), or while hanging.

Bigger

Comment

>If you mean the shaft is turning within the hanger, then I need to know when it is occurring. At attachment, during tightening (when), or while hanging.

Yes, the shaft is straight at tightening. it is during hanging the shaft turns inside the hanger, always the same side.

thanks

Comment

ToniMS,

>Yes, the shaft is straight at tightening. it is during hanging the shaft turns inside the hanger, always the same side.<

OK, if the shaft is straight while tightening, and when the weight is applied, you are not yet tightening enough to keep the shaft straight while hanging. At five lbs, it is not as important. You do not have to tighten much yet. But as you move up in weight, you will consistently tighten more. At some point, the shaft will not be able to turn in any circumstance.

Bigger

Comment

Working on the slight twist during haging..
          So i have been slowing down on the tightening process and really trying to locate the best attachment location which has seemed to help with the little twist i was experiencing during hanging. I have spent more time on the pulse pull as i am tightening also. This all seemed to help keep the shaft straight.

thanks for your help there!

I am handling the weight fine and my shaft seems to be conditioning along with the weight increase. I am only doing BTC for 6 or 7 sets daily, should i be doing anyother angles? How will i know when to incorporate new angles.

I am 6 to 7 sets daily which works out to be 3 plus hrs a day. Wil i benefit moving up in weight if i can not add additional sets. I just can not come up with any more time. Have guys had success at 6 sets daily or does those few extra sets daily make the difference?

Comment

ToniMS,

>thanks for your help there!<

You are welcome. Glad you got it fixed.

>I am handling the weight fine and my shaft seems to be conditioning along with the weight increase. I am only doing BTC for 6 or 7 sets daily, should i be doing anyother angles? How will i know when to incorporate new angles.<

As you move up in weight, BTC will become more intense. At some point, you may need to go more SD, toward the end of sessions, to take some stress off of skin and/or ligs. Then, you may find times where SD gives a better stretch. As long as you have potential for gains from lig stretch, you want to stick with just the lower angles.

After you have fully stretched out the ligs, if you have not reached your goals, you can move to tunica work. That is using the RSDT fulcrum, and OTS, both with and without a fulcrum.

>I am 6 to 7 sets daily which works out to be 3 plus hrs a day.<

That is great.

>Wil i benefit moving up in weight if i can not add additional sets.<

You want to reach fatigue within the first two sets of any session. So, if you are not reaching fatigue, you move up, once per week, no more than 15%, until you are reaching fatigue in the first or second set of a session.

Follow the stress progression in the NOS email.

Reach and ride fatigue.

>I just can not come up with any more time. Have guys had success at 6 sets daily or does those few extra sets daily make the difference?<

Not sure what you mean. I recommend a minimum of ten hours of actual hang time each week. You are above that level.

Bigger

Comment

>You want to reach fatigue within the first two sets of any session. So, if you are not reaching fatigue, you move up, once per week, no more than 15%, until you are reaching fatigue in the first or second set of a session.

-if i moved up in weight and 2 days later can not reach fatigue any longer at that weight, i should keep at that weight until the next increase or add 1/2 lb mid week? I am following the NOS email. Just not sure what to do if i increased 15% and not fatiguing at 20 min. When this is happening, i do try and add an additional set in on those days.

-i did experience a little numbness after 2 set last week that lasted an hour in my mid shaft and gland. I feel it was a little hanger slippage that allowed the hanger to get too close to the gland, sound like that could have caused it? I know without photo it is hard to identify my issue but has this been the case in the past? I have been watching the hanger mid set lately to prevent this from happening, and seemed to help.

>I just can not come up with any more time. Have guys had success at 6 sets daily or does those few extra sets daily the difference?<
              -ok, i miss understood the max hrs required. I read about guys pushing max sets and wondered if that really makes a difference. i am at 6 set, if is able to add 2 more sets daily do you think that would make a difference vs. the value of the added time? i know everyone is different but on average?

-I have stopped using my DIY ADS a few weeks ago. I used to wear the wrap or ADS for an hour or so after and it seemed to help my turtling/pull back. Now i experience a bit more turtling and less flaccid length. If i am roughly 12 hr between my first set of the day and the second and for the most part i am experiencing turtling for many hours after that first set of the day. Is healing in an extended state beneficial? I know you said the next set will just pull everything back out again. Are you healing while turtling?

Comment

ToniMS,

>-if i moved up in weight and 2 days later can not reach fatigue any longer at that weight, i should keep at that weight until the next increase or add 1/2 lb mid week?<

Keep at that weight for the rest of the week. The issue here is soft tissue conditioning. You must allow the soft tissues to adapt to the stresses, to avoid problems that can set back progress.

>I am following the NOS email. Just not sure what to do if i increased 15% and not fatiguing at 20 min. When this is happening, i do try and add an additional set in on those days.<

Do NOT add a set and weight in the same week.

>-i did experience a little numbness after 2 set last week that lasted an hour in my mid shaft and gland. I feel it was a little hanger slippage that allowed the hanger to get too close to the gland, sound like that could have caused it?<

It surely could be a bit of swelling in the myelin sheath surrounding the dorsal nerve, or nerve bundle on top, behind the head.

Do not do that.

>I know without photo it is hard to identify my issue but has this been the case in the past?<

Surely. You must always have at least a quarter inch gap between head and hanger, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft.

>-ok, i miss understood the max hrs required. I read about guys pushing max sets and wondered if that really makes a difference. i am at 6 set, if is able to add 2 more sets daily do you think that would make a difference vs. the value of the added time? i know everyone is different but on average?<

Up to a point, more time under fatigue is better. But as sets are added, past about 12 sets, it seems benefit diminishes. Six sets is fine. Eight would be a bit better.

>-I have stopped using my DIY ADS a few weeks ago. I used to wear the wrap or ADS for an hour or so after and it seemed to help my turtling/pull back. Now i experience a bit more turtling and less flaccid length. If i am roughly 12 hr between my first set of the day and the second and for the most part i am experiencing turtling for many hours after that first set of the day. Is healing in an extended state beneficial?<

No.

> know you said the next set will just pull everything back out again. Are you healing while turtling?<

Yes. Adhesions are being laid down across the deformations. But as long as you hang every day, they are easily pulled out. Now, they can be intense, that first set. But not an issue.

Bigger

Comment

Quick update on the last few weeks. Bigger worked with me to get my wrapping technique and tightening corrected. Having great sets now. I am hanging 5-6 20 min sets daily. I am at 9 1/2 lbs atm. No blood returning to the head. I have been spreading the sets out as far as i can. Lately i have been hanging my last set around 9 pm. For the last few nights, after my last set my penis has lost a lot of sensation. during sex. Does not look discolored. I get a erection but no finish.
                  Thanks

Comment

ToniMS,

>Lately i have been hanging my last set around 9 pm. For the last few nights, after my last set my penis has lost a lot of sensation. during sex. Does not look discolored. I get a erection but no finish.<

How much time are you giving between the last set and sex? I recommend several hours. Hanging and ejaculation both produce a refraction response. So it can be tough to have sex soon after hanging.

If it is actual numbness, and sensation does not return soon after your last set, then you are either bruising the myelin sheath of the dorsal nerve, or the nerve bundle behind the head.

Is the top of your shaft riding ok in the top blood channel of the hanger? How close to the head is the hanger riding?

Bigger

Comment

How much time are you giving between the last set and sex? I recommend several hours. Hanging and ejaculation both produce a refraction response. So it can be tough to have sex soon after hanging.
                      -some times only an hour mostly 2-3hrs. My routine is one set early AM and then not until 5pm till 7pm for 4 more sets. I have been trying to work in the 6th set which has been later in the evening. I understand the issue now. Does spreading the sets out over a longer time period help with gains? Will i have a lesser chance to see full potential if my sets are bunched together 5am till 7pm vs. 5 am till 10pm? Any time i can do my sets back to back to keep riding fatigue i do.

If it is actual numbness, and sensation does not return soon after your last set, then you are either bruising the myelin sheath of the dorsal nerve, or the nerve bundle behind the head.
                      -it is not numbness that last long. I am sure my shaft should feel a bit of sensation loss after hanging a few sets of 10 lbs. How would i know if the myelin sheath or nerve bruising, would it be swollen? I feel fine after a few hours and the next morning i am ready to go again.

Is the top of your shaft riding ok in the top blood channel of the hanger? How close to the head is the hanger riding?
                      -shaft is low in the thumbs. Looks to be centered and not pinching. I am hanging 1/2'-5/8" back from the leading edge of my wrap.

Comment

ToniMS,

>Does spreading the sets out over a longer time period help with gains?<

It will not help or hurt, as long as you are riding fatigue throughout.

>Will i have a lesser chance to see full potential if my sets are bunched together 5am till 7pm vs. 5 am till 10pm? Any time i can do my sets back to back to keep riding fatigue i do.<

Time under fatigue is what matters. They can be all together, or split. It is harder for some guys to ride fatigue using split sets. You have to get into fatigue twice per day, rather than once.

>How would i know if the myelin sheath or nerve bruising, would it be swollen?<

It would be swollen, but you would not be able to see the myelin sheath. This type of nerve damage would be obvious, and longer lasting.

>I feel fine after a few hours and the next morning i am ready to go again.<

That is not going to be bruising or swelling of the nerve sheath.

>-shaft is low in the thumbs. Looks to be centered and not pinching. I am hanging 1/2'-5/8" back from the leading edge of my wrap.<

It does not sound like you have a technique issue.

Bigger

Comment

Thanks Bigger,
                          I was not thinking i could do all my 5-6 sets back to back in a 3 hr time block. Makes sense to be able to keep in a fatigued state longer and easier. I was thinking the 12 hrs between sets was beneficial in keeping the adhesion from previous deformation pulled out vs. 21 hrs between sets.

>It would be swollen, but you would not be able to see the myelin sheath. This type of nerve damage would be obvious, and longer lasting.
                          can you explain this a bit more, I am not sure what you mean by seeing the myelin sheath? How is this injury most likely to happen, tightening to fast,lack of heat,bad wrapping,poor hanger attachment..? Sounds very damaging, want to stay far away from this type of injury.

As i am tightening i can not see if i am straight in the hanger, it sometimes takes 2x to get it tightened and straight. Any tips to getting the shaft set straight, so i do not have to keep re tightening.

When tightening i am tightening down a little and waiting 30-45 seconds till i tighten down more. I keep this method until i am ready to add the weight, once i add the weight i tighten down one or two more times. Does this sound correct, i have heard you mention tightening in rounds of tightening. Is this what you mean?

Comment

ToniMS,

>I was not thinking i could do all my 5-6 sets back to back in a 3 hr time block. Makes sense to be able to keep in a fatigued state longer and easier. I was thinking the 12 hrs between sets was beneficial in keeping the adhesion from previous deformation pulled out vs. 21 hrs between sets.<

There is not a lot of difference in adhesion formation between 12 and 21 hours. A longer time will probably be a bit more intense. Days would make a big difference.

>>It would be swollen, but you would not be able to see the myelin sheath. This type of nerve damage would be obvious, and longer lasting.
                            can you explain this a bit more, I am not sure what you mean by seeing the myelin sheath?<

The myelin sheath surrounds the nerve material, which is crumbly. The myelin sheath is almost like a blood vessel. Very elastic, but can bruise and swell. You cannot see it without cutting open the body. It is very small also.

So, like almost any other body part, when bruised, swelling and inflammation occur, usually resulting in numbness.

>How is this injury most likely to happen, tightening to fast,lack of heat,bad wrapping,poor hanger attachment..? Sounds very damaging, want to stay far away from this type of injury.<

Poor technique. Pinching in the top gap, hanger too close to the head are generally the issue.

>As i am tightening i can not see if i am straight in the hanger<

Why not?

>it sometimes takes 2x to get it tightened and straight. Any tips to getting the shaft set straight, so i do not have to keep re tightening.<

I do not understand why you cannot see if the hanger is straight. How do you see it is not straight after you tighten?

>When tightening i am tightening down a little and waiting 30-45 seconds till i tighten down more. I keep this method until i am ready to add the weight, once i add the weight i tighten down one or two more times. Does this sound correct,<

That sounds about right, but you generally should not have to wait that long between rounds.

>i have heard you mention tightening in rounds of tightening. Is this what you mean?<

Yes. Tighten up to slight discomfort, then wait a bit, holding forward pressure on the hanger. Ten seconds should be enough to where it is easier to tighten more.

Bigger

Comment

>I do not understand why you cannot see if the hanger is straight. How do you see it is not straight after you tighten?
                              when i am tightening my thumb is holding down on the gland and forward pressure so it does not turn until after i remove my thumb and i see a slight twist. Should i let up on the pressure to check if it is straight mid tighten?

Comment

ToniMS,

>when i am tightening my thumb is holding down on the gland<

No. You are supposed to push down between head and hanger with your left thumb. Not the head. Hopefully you have enough wrapped shaft in front of the hanger, so you are pushing down on the wrap. Then, you can hold the hanger and shaft up toward your chin, as you go through the tightening process, still lifting up on the hanger, as you push down with your left thumb.

>Should i let up on the pressure to check if it is straight mid tighten?<

You do not need to, if you do as I described.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                                X