X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bib
    replied
    SteveyL,

>sometimes I can mess around for a whole hour trying to get a good grip, experimenting with all kinds of WFG, changing the nuts, different placement of wrap, clamp etc ....it ALWAYS slides up to the head. sometimes I can get a good hang even though its fairly close to the head. The glans is soft so I know its not hanging on the head itself, but I will usually only get the first set,. The second wll just be repeated failures.<

First, within the first week, you should have found the correct WFG and bottom hex nut adjustments. IF you wish to send me the four technique pictures, I will try to help you with your parameters.

From the information given, if I had to guess, I would say you are not pulse pushing to find the best spot to tighten upon the internals. Then, the hanger is probably sliding over the "knot" and sliding to the head. So, you are most probably not holding forward pressure on the hanger, as you finish tightening. Also, you may not be going through enough rounds of tightening before applying the weight.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    replied
    sometimes I can mess around for a whole hour trying to get a good grip, experimenting with all kinds of WFG, changing the nuts, different placement of wrap, clamp etc ....it ALWAYS slides up to the head. sometimes I can get a good hang even though its fairly close to the head. The glans is soft so I know its not hanging on the head itself, but I will usually only get the first set,. The second wll just be repeated failures.

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    SteveyL,

>I think the fatigue I was feeling from BTC was skin stretch. I can hang more weight more comfortable SD as there isn't the same kind of torque on the unit it's much more comfortable at the clamping point. <

You will always have more skin stretch hanging BTC. That is good. Realize if you wish to make significant gains, you must stretch a significant amount of skin.

>At this point getting set up and hanging fast with no issues is one of my main goals in order to get enough weekly hang time. Going for BTC with less weight and a lot of adjusting and discomfort might be counterproductive.<

No. You must learn to hang BTC, even at less weight. By far, BTC will do the best job of stretching skin, as well as the ligs. Do not do something just because it is easier. This is all part of learning how to hang productively.

>I still get a problem that my first clamp of the day goes very well, but subsequently, even If I don't remove the wrap and I clamp in the same spot the hanger will slide on the second set. Sometimes I will adjust and adjust for a long time before getting the second and third sets going.<

This is normal. It is the collagenous tissue matrix fluid being squeezed out of the tissues in the first set. Then your effective WFG is less during the subsequent sets.

So, you must adjust your hanger and WFG for the later sets. Then, your first set, the top gap will be a bit larger than you want. But that is ok.

Also in later sets, you may need to go through a few more rounds of tightening, before you attach the weight.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    replied
    I think the fatigue I was feeling from BTC was skin stretch. I can hang more weight more comfortable SD as there isn't the same kind of torque on the unit it's much more comfortable at the clamping point. At this point getting set up and hanging fast with no issues is one of my main goals in order to get enough weekly hang time. Going for BTC with less weight and a lot of adjusting and discomfort might be counterproductive.

I still get a problem that my first clamp of the day goes very well, but subsequently, even If I don't remove the wrap and I clamp in the same spot the hanger will slide on the second set. Sometimes I will adjust and adjust for a long time before getting the second and third sets going.

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    SteveyL,

>another newb question so I wont make a new topic.<

Keep ALL of your questions in this thread. No need to make a new topic.

>I have ramped up and now starting to feel fatigue from the weight, which is about 13.5lb. I'm honestly baffled how people can hang 20+lb because the feeling is intense.<

As fibers are stretched, deformed, and then heal, more and more fibers begin to resist the stretch in concert. It may take a while, but you will need to move up. Read the managing fatigue thread, Basics section.

>Question about different types of fatigue. If I hang BTC I can feel it in the tendons a lot.<

I assume you mean the ligs?

>If I hang SD I don't feel any aching in the tendons at all. But at heavy weights I feel a dull ache from somewhere behind the balls, around the prostate area I guess.<

That is probably the crimp. It is where the shaft is hanging from the lig attachments, creating a sharp bend in the shaft. It can be uncomfortable. Also, this will change, and you will probably, at some point, feel the same ache when hanging BTC.

>Is this normal?<

Yes.

>'m thinking I should just target the tendons exclusively with BTC based on this.<

Unless SD gives a really good stretch, you should always concentrate on BTC.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    replied
    another newb question so I wont make a new topic.

I have ramped up and now starting to feel fatigue from the weight, which is about 13.5lb. I'm honestly baffled how people can hang 20+lb because the feeling is intense.

Question about different types of fatigue. If I hang BTC I can feel it in the tendons a lot. Especially if I have my knees out when hanging. It comes quite quickly and it doesn't take much weight.
    If I hang SD I don't feel any aching in the tendons at all. But at heavy weights I feel a dull ache from somewhere behind the balls, around the prostate area I guess.
    Is this normal? I'm thinking I should just target the tendons exclusively with BTC based on this.

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    SteveyL,

>In theory when hanging over the leg, you're putting stress on only half of the ligaments at one time, meaning you could potentially get the same results with half the weight, <

OTL does not affect the ligs, in most cases.

>What results have you guys had with more hanging over the leg?<

I did very little OTL. Just not a great return on time spent.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    replied
    In theory when hanging over the leg, you're putting stress on only half of the ligaments at one time, meaning you could potentially get the same results with half the weight, reducing risk and pain. But on the flip side, as you need to hang both sides, the total hang time should be doubled

What results have you guys had with more hanging over the leg?

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    replied
    ok I will try some more and if still no success I will try the pictures, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    SteveyL,

>I'm still not wrapping very comfortably.<

If you wish, you can send me the four technique pictures for evaluation. I may be able to see what you are doing wrong.

>No matter how I do it, when I attach the weight it will pull down to the head riding on the loose skin. The problem could be I have quite a loose circumcision and plenty of loose skin on the shaft.<

That is not it. The hanger is designed to grasp the internals of the shaft. Not just the skin.

>Am I right in saying that there should be slack skin on both sides of the hanger? So the hanger grips to the internal structure of the shaft, and does not tug on the skin or coronal ridge?<

In front of the shaft, yes. Behind the shaft, it depends on whether you need to stretch skin or not. Obviously, if you wish to make significant gains, you must stretch a significant amount of skin. But you do not wish to only stretch skin.

>If this is the case it could be that I'm just not clamping tight enough.<

Yes. You are not effectively tightening enough. But that could also be because you do not have the correct WFG, wrapped flaccid girth, and/or the hanger is not adjusted properly.

>I am feeling some discomfort with the tightness, maybe I'm being overcautious?<

You are supposed to tighten up to discomfort, then wait a minute, holding forward pressure. The discomfort should go away. Then, you tighten a bit more. It should be easier. Go through as many of these rounds as you need, in order to get a solid attachment on the internals. You test the attachment by pulse pushing.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    replied
    thanks you sent out the email without me emailing you first.

I'm still not wrapping very comfortably. No matter how I do it, when I attach the weight it will pull down to the head riding on the loose skin. The problem could be I have quite a loose circumcision and plenty of loose skin on the shaft.
    Am I right in saying that there should be slack skin on both sides of the hanger? So the hanger grips to the internal structure of the shaft, and does not tug on the skin or coronal ridge?

If this is the case it could be that I'm just not clamping tight enough. I am feeling some discomfort with the tightness, maybe I'm being overcautious?
    Last edited by SteveyL; 12-11-2019, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    SteveyL,

>Yes I ordered a Bib but i never got that email<

Email me and I will send it to you.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    replied
    Yes I ordered a Bib but i never got that email

Leave a comment:

• Bib
    replied
    SteveyL,

>I'm finding it pretty difficult to wrap according to the instructions. I'm supposed to grab the head, stretch it out, grab the skin and pull back to the body, then (with my third hand?) wrap the theraband around the length.<

You just smooth the skin back at first. You do not have to hold the skin back.

>OK, the problem is that the band just becomes loose when I'm trying to get the hanger on and isn't really tight and just seems kind of useless.<

This may help:

You have a stretching hand, left or right, and a wrapping hand, left or right.

Stretch out the penis, grasping the head and pulling straight out. Then smooth the skin back toward the base. While still stretched out, start your wrap, pinning the leading edge of the wrap between your stretching fingers (middle finger and ring finger), and your shaft. Start a half inch to 1.25 inches from the coronal ridge, depending on overall length.

Make your first pass of wrap around, and then a second about an eighth inch down from the first. Many guys like a third close pass at the top. Then grasp those first passes of wrap and the shaft firmly with your wrapping hand, at the top of the passes, and transfer your stretching grip from the head, to those first passes of wrap, and continue the stretch.

Then grasp the loose skin, and tug it back toward the base, all around the shaft. This should pull out any wrinkled skin under those first passes of wrap.
    While still stretching out the shaft, make another pass, perhaps a quarter to a half inch down from the original passes. Transfer your stretching grip to the top of the new pass of wrap, holding the wrap and shaft in tandem. Then again tug the skin back toward the base. Continue making passes and tugging the skin back toward the base. When you finish, the skin under the wrap should be wrinkle free.

>I'm finding it a bit tricky to get the grip tight enough without being painful, but it seems to help if I start with a small weight, maybe 1lb or less, then let it hang a minute or two, then gradually increase the weight. I'm not using more than 2.5lb at the moment as I have only just started<

Well, it is key to get the wrap correct. You cannot adjust the hanger correctly, until you get the wrap about right.

>I also get some conflicting advice about duration and weight some say don't strecth longer than 20 mins and start with 2 pounds.<

First, are you hanging with a Bib? If so, did you get the NOS email? That has the stress progression. You should limit sets to no more than 20 minutes. Then rest ten minutes, while you restore blood flow. You do not have to unwrap.

>But some people stretch for hours and say you will never get progress with less than 5lb.<

You can hang for hours, but in sets of 20 minutes. Many guys do not start gaining until they get up in weight. But follow the stress progression, to allow your soft tissues to adapt to the stresses.

Bigger

Leave a comment:

• SteveyL
    started a topic What's the purpose of the theraband?

What's the purpose of the theraband?

I'm finding it pretty difficult to wrap according to the instructions. I'm supposed to grab the head, stretch it out, grab the skin and pull back to the body, then (with my third hand?) wrap the theraband around the length. OK, the problem is that the band just becomes loose when I'm trying to get the hanger on and isn't really tight and just seems kind of useless.

I haven't done much hanging before but I've used traction devices and with those I just used gauze, which is a bit stretchy and stays put and doesn't move around.
    I'm finding it a bit tricky to get the grip tight enough without being painful, but it seems to help if I start with a small weight, maybe 1lb or less, then let it hang a minute or two, then gradually increase the weight. I'm not using more than 2.5lb at the moment as I have only just started

I also get some conflicting advice about duration and weight some say don't strecth longer than 20 mins and start with 2 pounds. But some people stretch for hours and say you will never get progress with less than 5lb.
Working...
X