Gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wantl0ng3r,

Have you ever had any sprained or twisted ankles, knees, shoulder?

Bigger

Comment

Used to be a power lifter, tore both rotator cuffs. Probably not what your looking for.

I did run cross country and track for many years, lots of physical sports, never had any kind of sprain.

Don't tell me that means I need to hang 40lbs to gain.
      Last edited by wantl0ng3r; 03-24-2020, 10:24 PM.

Comment

wantl0ng3r,

>Don't tell me that means I need to hang 40lbs to gain.<

Well, hopefully not. Your rotator cuffs prove that any tissue will deform with enough stress.

Also, if you are reaching true fatigue in your ligs and\or tunica, you are obviously deforming some collagenous tissue. Just not enough to measure a gain yet.

If you can continue to slowly move up in weight, at some point your will deform enough fibers in the ligs and tunica to measure a gain. But it may take a while. You do not want macro tears, like your rotator cuffs. But micro tears.

Now, without going back through the thread, are you not reducing weight during a session yet? Do I remember right?

Bigger

Comment

wantl0ng3r,

>BTC I am hanging 13 lbs at the moment. I began with 11lbs. I hang 6+ sets a day. 2 hours hangtime. <

OK, I assume you are not being forced to reduce weight during a session. So, continue to move up in weight each week, and refine your technique, as needed. At some point, you will deform a significant amount of collagenous tissue.

Bigger

Comment

Very true.

While I know I could and still feel a level of fatigue, I am not dropping weight.

Comment

Alright, more time. Sounds good.

Thank you BIB

Comment

wantl0ng3r,

Forgot one other thing...

>I don't think it negatively effects anything, but the last minute or 2 of each hanging set I stand up and lean forward to kind of rock the weight a little for a good pull at the base/gooch area.<

Rather than standing up and rocking front to back, you should stay seated, BTC, and swing the weights side to side. That will help deform the lateral susp ligs, which will allow more stress on the median susp ligs.

You might also find yourself in good, weight reducing fatigue quicker. If that helps, you might also try crunches and bouncing while hanging BTC.

Bigger

Comment

Have you come across anyone who was not able to gain length from hanging?

Also, no lig gains to report. Maybe I was wrong measuring for palp test.
                  Switching to bundled or rsdt wouldn't be so bad at this point?
                  Last edited by wantl0ng3r; 03-29-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

wantl0ng3r,

>Have you come across anyone who was not able to gain length from hanging?<

Yes. Or as far as I know, yes. I worked with two guys many years ago, that both worked up slowly to hanging over 30 lbs. I think much over. They reported no gains. But I have worked with other guys that did not start gaining until they reached 30 lbs. Strength of collagenous tissues.

>Also, no lig gains to report. Maybe I was wrong measuring for palp test.<

If you wish, you can send me the three mirror test pics for evaluation. I can approximate your LOT and skin exit point.

>Switching to bundled or rsdt wouldn't be so bad at this point?<

Unless you have fully stretched out your ligs, there is no reason to do tunica work. It would be very difficult to stretch ligs and tunica at the same time.

Bigger

Comment

Ok, I've got awhile to go. Just something I thought about.

That'd be great, I'll take some pictures tomorrow at some point and send them to you.

Comment

wantl0ng3r,

>That'd be great, I'll take some pictures tomorrow at some point and send them to you<

Do you need the instructions?

Bigger

Comment

Yes, that'd help.

Comment

wantl0ng3r,

First, stand back far enough to see the entire pelvic region, including legs. Feet at shoulder width. Camera at groin level. Good light. Flaccid.

If needed, use a beard trimmer to trim the hair at the base.

I need one straight on, and one from each 45 degree angle to the mirror. Three pictures total.

If you email them, do NOT embed them in the body of the email. Attach the pic files to the email.

Bigger

Comment

Ok great, done. Which email do I send it to?

Comment

wantl0ng3r,

>Ok great, done. Which email do I send it to?<

[email protected]

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                                X