No announcement yet.

Hanginaround progress log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: I am holding the shaft low and it will reliably turn to just about exactly 45 degrees. But it’s better for more sets as time goes on.

I get the concept that a wider bottom gap will make twisting less likely. I’m not sure how much wider I can go while still grasping properly, and probably don’t need to add any more wrap than 3 feet.

What I can say is that I can handle more now in terms of weight. Most days in the last week and a half I’ve hung anywhere from 3 to 5 of the sets with 8-9 lbs. And in fact as I’m walking sometimes the glans feels very sensitive. I estimate I’ll start making more gains in the mid 10’s, as last time the skin was what was allowing me to hang heavier.

But I’m holding off on adding much more weight until I can keep the shaft straight more reliably. On sets where it’s within 45 degrees I hang 9 lbs and on sets where I just can’t get it right I reduce to 5-7.

I am confident that I have the attachment technique down and I know when it’s right, wrong, or very good. I can only get the shaft low enough to twist less when it’s inside the bottom teeth. When I do this it pinches but it’s not very uncomfortable. Feels like pressure.

Perhaps my idea of not being able to go wider is wrong. Should I aim to make the bottom gap wide enough that I can fit more of the shaft within the bottom teeth, wide enough that it doesn’t pinch? If so I will try that and see if it grasps under a bit more weight. Thanks Bigger

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>I get the concept that a wider bottom gap will make twisting less likely. I’m not sure how much wider I can go while still grasping properly, and probably don’t need to add any more wrap than 3 feet.<

All of this is relative. I am sure you can do it right, the shaft not turn, and NOT need to use three feet of wrap. I would just have to see what you are dealing with.

>Perhaps my idea of not being able to go wider is wrong. Should I aim to make the bottom gap wide enough that I can fit more of the shaft within the bottom teeth, wide enough that it doesn’t pinch? If so I will try that and see if it grasps under a bit more weight.<

I cannot say anything about what you should do, without seeing the geometry. That would be unwise.

Bigger

Comment

• Technique photos sent

-All of this is relative. I am sure you can do it right, the shaft not turn, and NOT need to use three feet of wrap. I would just have to see what you are dealing with-

Thank you. I started using this much wrap a few months ago so it’s the same strip of theraband as the last few sets of photos.

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Thank you. I started using this much wrap a few months ago so it’s the same strip of theraband as the last few sets of photos.<

No way I can remember how much wrap a guy was using before. I help a lot of guys.

That is three feet? 36 inches?

Anyway, you have some technique issues.

First, the two sides of the hanger are not aligned. Loosen the wing nuts on the right, align the two sides, and retighten.

Next, your wrapped bundle is not solid or stable. The first passes of wrap need to be static, no tension. Then, you need to pull more tension on the later passes, where your attachment zone is.

Next, put the shaft in the hanger straight.

Fix those things, and let me see four more pics.

Bigger

Comment

• -No way I can remember how much wrap a guy was using before. I help a lot of guys-

Absolutely. And yes it’s just about 36 inches.

I’ll make those fixes and send them over tomorrow.

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Absolutely. And yes it’s just about 36 inches.<

How wide is it?

Bigger

Comment

• Most of it is 2 inches wide, and tapers down to about 1.5 for a few inches. That strip is a few months old so when I order more this weekend I’ll cut it to be more uniform. Maybe a shorter strip that is 2.5?

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Maybe a shorter strip that is 2.5?<

Yes. Just cut two strips of equal width.

Bigger

Comment

• Next round sent. Still getting twisting but sensation is better most of the time, and overall conditioning feels easier. Can’t wait to hang in fatigue.

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Next round sent. Still getting twisting but sensation is better most of the time, and overall conditioning feels easier. Can’t wait to hang in fatigue.<

Much better technique. It appears you can pull a bit more tension on the passes in the attachment zone.

Your internal blood pressure is a bit high, but the shaft is essentially straight. Fine.

Bigger

Comment

• Ok great. So it looks like the technique breaks down in later sets when the wrap becomes somewhat looser. I’ll rewear as needed and post the result.

Thank you kindly

Hanginaround

Comment

• Just sent a photo for evaluation with the amount of twisting I’m commonly getting. I use a good bit of force to keep the shaft low, and it seems that it wants to pop to this angle even when the hanger is well tight enough to hold the weight I want to hang.

I thought maybe this is partially due to the attachment point I’m using, but I’ve had little luck with attaching it more toward the head except for occasionally, as it seems to twist the same and leaves me with little room for error. Maybe a matter of adjusting the hex nuts for a different attachment point?

Thank you

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Just sent a photo for evaluation with the amount of twisting I’m commonly getting. I use a good bit of force to keep the shaft low, and it seems that it wants to pop to this angle even when the hanger is well tight enough to hold the weight I want to hang.<

That amount is about the most you want to have. When this occurs, are you turning the hanger around a couple of times, to try and pop it back, before you finish tightening?

More than the twisting, your biggest issue in that pic is too much blood in the head and upper shaft. But that also will tend to make twisting worse.

>I thought maybe this is partially due to the attachment point I’m using, but I’ve had little luck with attaching it more toward the head except for occasionally, as it seems to twist the same and leaves me with little room for error. Maybe a matter of adjusting the hex nuts for a different attachment point?<

Possibly. Try it.

Bigger

Comment

• Yes I am turning it around most sets to get it straight. Even as it’s tight enough to hold the weight comfortably the shaft will still turn even if the hanger is already pulse pushed to where I finish tightening.

Duly noted about the excess blood. It does sometimes feel like it accumulates during the set, but I’m sure at least some of it is due to letting too much stay in during attachment. That is set #3 with 9 lbs which is the most I’ve managed in a while.

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Yes I am turning it around most sets to get it straight. Even as it’s tight enough to hold the weight comfortably the shaft will still turn even if the hanger is already pulse pushed to where I finish tightening.<

Do you mean the shaft is able to turn while you are holding forward pressure, with the hanger tight? Are you using a considerable amount of forward pressure?

Bigger

Comment

Working...
                                X