No announcement yet.

Hanginaround progress log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please copy and paste all this to your thread, so I can keep up there.

That looks pretty good. Might say really good, if you had less blood in the head and upper shaft. Also you need those first passes of wrap still loose, passive, pull no tension. Then you can pull more tension on the passes in the attachment zone.

Bigger

Comment

• What is it that you want me to copy and paste? I got my new theraband today and cut two wider strips, closer to 2.5 inches. I’m not having trouble pulling tension in them so far.

When I put the bib regular on and it takes more force to squeeze it shut, the hanger is tight such that it’s more difficult to get the blood out of the head and upper shaft.

the pics I sent you yesterday, I did go through the whole procedure. That was just as much as I could get out. Maybe it’s because the wrap was tight. I have the first passes looser now and it’s still rather difficult, but better.

hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>What is it that you want me to copy and paste?<

When I saw it was you, I copied and pasted.

> got my new theraband today and cut two wider strips, closer to 2.5 inches. I’m not having trouble pulling tension in them so far.<

Good.

>When I put the bib regular on and it takes more force to squeeze it shut, the hanger is tight such that it’s more difficult to get the blood out of the head and upper shaft.

the pics I sent you yesterday, I did go through the whole procedure. That was just as much as I could get out. Maybe it’s because the wrap was tight. I have the first passes looser now and it’s still rather difficult, but better.<

OK, keep working on it. The last pics I saw, you could move the bottom internal hex nut adjustments out a bit. Not much, but some.

Bigger

Comment

• Ok I’m working at it now. With the new theraband I took the hex nuts in slightly to get tight enough. If I took them out I don’t know if it will get tight enough. I’m experimenting with different tightness of wrap.

hanginaround

Comment

• Hello, I’ve been using the bib regular since I last wrote you. It’s taken a bit of getting used to but I have had no issues with numbness. I also have gotten to a new max- 19 lbs. I think more gains are surfacing. Slowly but surely. If I can get into the low 20’s I think that will be all the weight I need for a good while.

My issue now is the top bolt stripping quickly. I use Vaseline on the bolt and washer, and try to tighten slowly. I replaced the screw the other day and it’s already “jumping”. Clearly I am doing something wrong as that is way too quick. I use #8-32 X 3 machine screws because nowhere around me offers 2.5 inch.

Anyways, let me know if there’s anything you recommend. Whenever there’s an issue I can still get in my hours by using the starter as a backup. Thanks

hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>My issue now is the top bolt stripping quickly. I use Vaseline on the bolt and washer, and try to tighten slowly. I replaced the screw the other day and it’s already “jumping”. Clearly I am doing something wrong as that is way too quick. <

Indeed. I use SS screws, and they seem to last a very long time. You might try that. Also, if you do not already, replace the wing nut along with the screw. It could be the wing nut galling the screw.

Bigger

Comment

• I checked the wing nut and it looks OK. I looked at the package of screws and it says “zinc”. Aha! I’ll grab some stainless steel today.

hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>I checked the wing nut and it looks OK. I looked at the package of screws and it says “zinc”. Aha! I’ll grab some stainless steel today.<

Also get SS wing nuts.

Bigger

Comment

• Ok I did. And now they seem really sturdy. Thank you.

My max weight is currently 20.5 lbs. It makes me sore, but not too sore after a few hours. After doing some reading I decided to incorporate UTL to divide and conquer. So far it seems to be effective as I am having to reduce sometimes below 5 lbs due to ligament fatigue. Aching in the ligaments.

I do 5 sets most days. When I do UTL should I do one set on each side, then 3 sets BTC, or should I do 2 sets on each side then 1 set BTC?

I’ve been doing one on each side because I am still getting the soft tissues used to the difference in weight placement. Is it normal to feel more soft tissue stress when you begin hanging UTL?

I have a feeling this is going to push progress forward. I have no problem with higher weights but I think this is the most sensible strategy for me. I know for certain that I have genetically strong collagen tissue and this is the first time in a while I’ve managed to get this sort of fatigue.

hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>My max weight is currently 20.5 lbs. It makes me sore, but not too sore after a few hours. After doing some reading I decided to incorporate UTL to divide and conquer. So far it seems to be effective as I am having to reduce sometimes below 5 lbs due to ligament fatigue. Aching in the ligaments.<

If you are conditioned to hang twenty lbs, add movement to BTC sets. Bouncing, swinging, crunches. That should make you fatigue quickly, and is easier than utl.

>I do 5 sets most days. When I do UTL should I do one set on each side, then 3 sets BTC, or should I do 2 sets on each side then 1 set BTC?<

I would go with movement.

>I’ve been doing one on each side because I am still getting the soft tissues used to the difference in weight placement. Is it normal to feel more soft tissue stress when you begin hanging UTL?<

No idea. I did not do much of it.

Bigger

Comment

• Roger that. Ordered a hardcore and I’m looking forward to some extra gripping power. I have a question about the strength of collagen tissue, and hormones.

I ran a search and found nothing about this, so here’s a concept.

I might be prescribed an agent that increases HGH (growth hormone) and IGF-1 (insulin growth factor). I know this is somewhat outside the scope of hanging, so it’s just a stab in the dark, but I read that these hormones increase the recovery of collagen tissue. On the other hand, they may increase hyperplasia, the division of cells. Have you ever heard of successful hangers on hormone replacement therapy for HGH?

I should note that this would not increase these hormones to the levels you’d normally see with hormone replacement. It would signal an increase in levels through natural pathways.

I know that the components that make up collagen tissue are protein, energy, and vitamin C. I plan to be in a calorie deficit/maintenance for the foreseeable future.

Just want to know if it’s something to look out for, as it is not strictly necessary, but would probably be beneficial outside of hanging.

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>I might be prescribed an agent that increases HGH (growth hormone) and IGF-1 (insulin growth factor). I know this is somewhat outside the scope of hanging, so it’s just a stab in the dark, but I read that these hormones increase the recovery of collagen tissue. On the other hand, they may increase hyperplasia, the division of cells. Have you ever heard of successful hangers on hormone replacement therapy for HGH?<

Yes. But neither they nor I can say the success had anything to do with the hormone replacement. So many guys have reported gains without it.

Bigger

Comment

• That’s great. I’m doubtful that it would really increase results. That question is more to make sure it wouldn’t hurt results, strengthen the ligaments. Thank you Bigger

Hanginaround

Comment

• I got the hardcore. Right off the bat I notice it’s super easy to use. Conditioning is in place because tightening is not uncomfortable in the least. Here’s my second set with 15 lbs.

While this is completely comfortable, I know it would slip if I tried to put my max on, so I need to get it tighter. Either by bringing the bottom hex nuts in or increasing wrap. I want to know which you would recommend. In these pictures I’m using a only strip of Theraband, about 2.5 inches by 30 inches.

I know I will be able to hang more weight using this. This is my favorite hanger so far and is amazing craftsmanship.

I need to grasp the internals better when I get up into the 20’s and above, as I know there are more gains to be had there, and it will be necessary. I’m stalling currently, but not giving up.

Hanginaround

Comment

• It is very comfortable, but I know I will have to get it tighter, as the hanger is almost closed

Hanginaround

Comment

Working...
                                X