No announcement yet.

Hanginaround progress log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is sent. I think there was some theraband to go with it for the hardcore I bought a couple months ago. I do have enough theraband to last for a while. Again, I really thank you for doing this and it’ll be great to have a spare. I think I’ll use the stronger one for hanging for gains and use my current hardcore as a travel hanger/one I use to cement gains down the road.

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>It is sent. I think there was some theraband to go with it for the hardcore I bought a couple months ago. I do have enough theraband to last for a while. Again, I really thank you for doing this and it’ll be great to have a spare. I think I’ll use the stronger one for hanging for gains and use my current hardcore as a travel hanger/one I use to cement gains down the road.<

Thanks for the heads up. Easy to forget what is going on. So you ordered a yard of Tband as well? Thanks for the reminder.

Bigger

Comment

• -Easy to forget what is going on-

With how things have been this last year you can say that again

Yes I ordered a yard of t band

Hanginaround

Comment

• The shipment should have arrived as of a few days ago. No rush on getting it shipped though, as I have a functional hardcore. Just letting you know!

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>The shipment should have arrived as of a few days ago. No rush on getting it shipped though, as I have a functional hardcore. Just letting you know!<

Yep, I had it on a work table, lost it, found it, fixed it, and it will go out tomorrow. I sent the right side back, as you might need it sometime. Fixed everything like fairly new.

Bigger

Comment

• Thank you I really appreciate it. I received it several days ago and it looks real sturdy around the area where it broke.

I am going to take a measurement again and see if I can’t report some gains. I measured the other day and came out with the same figure as before, BUT did not have the strongest EQ. I suspect there are more gains coming.

Slow and steady.

Like you said, gains are like the stock market. My best measurement before is an average measurement now. So far I am up by about .7 in length from hanging, and about .9 overall, plus significant base girth, throughout my 22 months of hanging. This would mean I am averaging about 0.032 inches of gain per month, where most of that gain came early on, then linearly regressed down to a very slow rate of gain. On the other hand, I feel that my gains are cementing well due to this slow rate, and I’m sure at some point, a growth spurt would increase the monthly average. I did make a strong and cemented .1 jump a few months ago when I was hanging a bit heavier, right before the hanger broke. Now I have a backup Hardcore and Starter.

There was a good stretch of time where I didn’t use heat. As I try to work toward hanging 27.5 for a full set, I will use heat.

I truly believe that consistency and a positive mindset are the biggest keys to making gains; once we leave the hanging table, we have to look forward on this journey. Many other hangers, I’m sure, would be very disappointed by my rate of gain. My attitude is positive, because it is still a .7 inch gain that I worked for, where some years ago I thought enlargement to be impossible.

As always, thank you.

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

What are the current results of your three tests?

Bigger

Comment

• I will check a bit later. I don’t imagine they have changed *too* much because I haven’t gained a lot since you noted my exit point as being medium-high to high, but I have gained marginally. I’ll let you know

Hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>I will check a bit later. I don’t imagine they have changed *too* much because I haven’t gained a lot since you noted my exit point as being medium-high to high, but I have gained marginally. I’ll let you know<

May need to change your routine, if you still have that much potential for gains from lig stretch.

Bigger

Comment

• I want to say palpation test is about 2.5-2.75 inches, mirror test shows medium, maybe a bit high (but lower than before) and LOT right around 10:00. Given that I may still have substantial gains to make from lig stretch, how might I change my routine? I aim for 5 sets each day and some days only can make 4.

there was a period right before the hanger broke where I was hanging heavier and for the first time since my growth spurt when I first started, I felt consistent soreness in the ligs. I am now working back up to those weights and have 3 lbs to go before I’m there.

I know the results of my three tests have changed *somewhat*. During that period where I was achieving fatigue and soreness every day, my BPFSL shot up by about .3 and I have held it to this day.

Due to privacy, I had about 3 weeks where I was just cementing. I could barely hang but I did not go a day without hanging 2 sets. I do notice that I seem to be hitting fatigue at slightly lighter weights.

Hanginaround

Comment

• Hanginaround,

>I want to say palpation test is about 2.5-2.75 inches, mirror test shows medium, maybe a bit high (but lower than before) and LOT right around 10:00. Given that I may still have substantial gains to make from lig stretch, how might I change my routine? I aim for 5 sets each day and some days only can make 4.<

Is all of that BTC?

4-5 sets is good. You may need to incorporate movement, swinging, crunches, bouncing, in order to get and keep good fatigue.

What about the heat?

>there was a period right before the hanger broke where I was hanging heavier and for the first time since my growth spurt when I first started, I felt consistent soreness in the ligs. I am now working back up to those weights and have 3 lbs to go before I’m there.<

OK, So you are not feeling consistent soreness at present. Perhaps heat and movement will help get you to fatigue while you are still moving back up in weight.

>I know the results of my three tests have changed *somewhat*. During that period where I was achieving fatigue and soreness every day, my BPFSL shot up by about .3 and I have held it to this day.<

Good. It sounds like you just need to get back to consistent fatigue.

>Due to privacy, I had about 3 weeks where I was just cementing. I could barely hang but I did not go a day without hanging 2 sets. I do notice that I seem to be hitting fatigue at slightly lighter weights.<

It happens. At least you were able to keep soft tissue conditioning, and gains.

Bigger

Comment

• -Is all of that BTC?-

Yes it is. Very occasionally I will hang straight down when I feel a better stretch, then BTC will feel more intense in subsequent sets.

-What about the heat?-

I used heat most of the time but fell out of the routine for a short time while I lacked privacy. I’m using it now and I know it is more important for me, having collagen tissue that is a bit stronger than average.

-OK, So you are not feeling consistent soreness at present. Perhaps heat and movement will help get you to fatigue while you are still moving back up in weight-

Roger that. I’ll try more swinging with ample heat. I get to a point where I feel pretty significant fatigue during a session, but it does not make me sore at all afterward. I have to apply more stress to really feel soreness, probably closer to 27.5-30 lbs. I know weight is arbitrary, but that is where I felt soreness, anecdotally.

-Good. It sounds like you just need to get back to consistent fatigue-

I will as a matter of course. It’s harder for me to deform collagen than most, I suspect. Today I was able to hang 30 lbs for 6-7 minutes before needing to reduce. Even then it was a combination of target tissue fatigue and attachment fatigue, but I am just getting that last bit of conditioning back.

At least I know my reference range for deformation. Last time I was in the 27-30lb range, BPFSL jumped up.

Hanginaround

Comment

Working...
                          X