No announcement yet.

Hanginaround progress log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah I feel like an idiot. I saw there was more twist than usual but I wrote it off. It wasn’t particularly uncomfortable. At least I know everything else looks good so I can use the photos as a reference. I hope within a few weeks I adapt and can resume progression without the swelling getting triggered so easily. Every day it gets better though, so I must press on.

hanginaround

Comment

• Here’s a question I thought of while reading threads on the forum

I’ve read it helps to squeeze the hanger shut slightly while tightening to reduce friction on the top bolt. How does one do that while also keeping the gap with their left thumb? Especially if it’s retightening while hanging weight

hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>I’ve read it helps to squeeze the hanger shut slightly while tightening to reduce friction on the top bolt. How does one do that while also keeping the gap with their left thumb? Especially if it’s retightening while hanging weight<

I only squeezed the two sides together when first spinning down the top bolt. When first put on. I did not do it while finishing tightening, or when retightening.

Bigger

Comment

• Ok duly noted. Now this time around it took longer for the sensation to come back than the previous days. But I’m also in fatigue right now at 8lbs before the end of set #2. Maybe because I stretched skin.

Also, I’ve measured a gain in BPEL, and BPFSL has stayed the same. I hit about 7.65, a sure 7.6. Certainly I’ve never measured more than 7.5 before.. Do you think it’s probable that at least SOME of this back-and-forth sensation could be from the gain, given that I’ve gained about 1/8 since initially having sensation issues?

I won’t discount having to always improve technique and pay attention to soft tissues. But I must say that before I made some fairly rapid gains within a couple months, I never had sensation loss. 7.25 to 7.6 within a few months. I should’ve kept a log, cause I don’t know exactly how the gains were spread out. I do know that I gained more than .25 within a month at least once, but not this last month.

I believe that once I started using the Bib Starter and piling on weight I made some pretty quick gains, but I also didn’t condition soft tissues enough to the smaller surface-area that grips the internals.

hanginaround

Comment

• Sorry to ask another question before you answered that. Just wondering:

When it comes to conditioning my soft tissues to swell less, and stop going numb, is it normal for things to get worse before they get better?

It is still getting mostly better within a day or so, but started taking longer to subside once I stopped stretching skin and started regular hanging. At first it would take a few hours. After a day or two of regular hanging it would take more than 10 hours. Now, it is lingering constantly again, though maybe not quite as bad as when I initially wrote you last month.

Now I’m starting at 8 lbs and going down to 5-6lbs as comfort allows.

If you think this is normal, I’ll keep pressing on and see if it gets better. But it seems like just about no matter what I do the numbness accumulates. My technique should be fair enough by now, but I’m sure I make mistakes.

For now I am still at it, if nothing else, to cement the .6 gained since starting!

Comment

• hanginaround,

Crap...I guess I forgot to hit post when I answered this:

&gt;Also, I’ve measured a gain in BPEL, and BPFSL has stayed the same. I hit about 7.65, a sure 7.6. Certainly I’ve never measured more than 7.5 before.. &lt;

Congratulations.

&gt;Do you think it’s probable that at least SOME of this back-and-forth sensation could be from the gain, given that I’ve gained about 1/8 since initially having sensation issues?&lt;

Yes. It will have something to do with it. But the way you describe the numbness coming and going, there are not many things that will cause it. The only thing I can think of is swelling of the myelin sheath.

&gt;I won’t discount having to always improve technique and pay attention to soft tissues. But I must say that before I made some fairly rapid gains within a couple months, I never had sensation loss. 7.25 to 7.6 within a few months. I should’ve kept a log, cause I don’t know exactly how the gains were spread out. I do know that I gained more than .25 within a month at least once, but not this last month.&lt;

That will be a contribution to the numbness. But it will not explain how it comes and goes in hours. Not minutes or days. Hours.

Bigger

Comment

• hanginaround,

>When it comes to conditioning my soft tissues to swell less, and stop going numb, is it normal for things to get worse before they get better?<

NONE of this is linear. Things will get worse, then better, then worse again. You are trying to DEFORM tough collagenous tissue. It is not a normal process. It is risky.

>If you think this is normal, I’ll keep pressing on and see if it gets better. But it seems like just about no matter what I do the numbness accumulates. My technique should be fair enough by now, but I’m sure I make mistakes.<

NONE of this is normal. Hanging weight from your penis is not normal. But acute and chronic numbness does occur fairly often. It surely did for me.

Bigger

Comment

• -NONE of this is linear. Things will get worse, then better, then worse again. You are trying to DEFORM tough collagenous tissue. It is not a normal process. It is risky-

That makes sense. So I have to get it out of my head that I will ever make significant gains without troubleshooting often. I’ll just take it easy and go by feel. At some point I should be able to overcome this. And if I get numbness in the future I can recover while still hanging higher weights.

​​​​​​-NONE of this is normal. Hanging weight from your penis is not normal. But acute and chronic numbness does occur fairly often. It surely did for me-

At least I know I’m in good company. I’m sure I’m not making any huge mistakes. So I’ll take the soft tissue conditioning slower and let things run their course.

Im learning and really appreciate your being direct.

Crazy theory but I’m gonna throw it out there: allergies and their possible effect on hanging. People like myself with rather severe allergies might experience more soft tissue issues if allergies are poorly controlled. Certainly an allergen wouldn’t cause myelin sheath swelling in the penis by itself, but I wonder if it could exacerbate the effect hanging has on the soft tissues due to heightened auto-immune activity, including generalized inflammation, when allergies are poorly controlled or particularly severe.

As seasonal allergies kicked in I started to notice that my penis would respond with more inflammation than it did during the winter.

May also explain why I could hang for skin stretch with no issues, just as heavy as I am now. Tightening the hanger might be triggering inflammation, which I’ve always had as a response to allergies. Allergic asthma, skin reactions to allergens, etc. I actually get immunotherapy for it.

Even if this theory is off base, I will start taking allergy medication daily (which I should do anyway) and see if it has any positive effect.

hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Crazy theory but I’m gonna throw it out there: allergies and their possible effect on hanging. People like myself with rather severe allergies might experience more soft tissue issues if allergies are poorly controlled. Certainly an allergen wouldn’t cause myelin sheath swelling in the penis by itself, but I wonder if it could exacerbate the effect hanging has on the soft tissues due to heightened auto-immune activity, including generalized inflammation, when allergies are poorly controlled or particularly severe.

As seasonal allergies kicked in I started to notice that my penis would respond with more inflammation than it did during the winter.

May also explain why I could hang for skin stretch with no issues, just as heavy as I am now. Tightening the hanger might be triggering inflammation, which I’ve always had as a response to allergies. Allergic asthma, skin reactions to allergens, etc. I actually get immunotherapy for it.

Even if this theory is off base, I will start taking allergy medication daily (which I should do anyway) and see if it has any positive effect.<

That actually does make some sense. If you are subjected to heightened inflammation, then it would reason that you would also tend to swell easier. Do you get puffiness with your allergies?

Do you take any anti-inflammatory meds? I do not mean things like ibuprofen, which I would never recommend. Perhaps something natural like tumeric with bioprene.

How about antihistamines?

Bigger

Comment

• I have taken plenty of antihistamines historically. I’ll read into the Tumeric+Bioprene. And yes I do get puffiness. When I get my allergy shot for the month the whole area becomes much warmer and swollen for a few days. MUCH warmer for that first day. I do take antihistamines but not so often this year- recent events kept me out of the store for a bit. I have some now and I’ll stay on them consistently.

And yes I’m sure Tylenol would help the swelling, but I’ve read into the issues with using it for PE. I agree with your stance on it.

hanginaround

Comment

• I’m in antihistamines for the AM and PM (which doc already recommended) and I also picked up that supplement, but with black pepper extract rather than the patented bioperine. It should be close enough.

After taking 2 allergy pills last night I woke up in the morning noticeably better than the days before. It’s too early to tell if a coincidence or not, but based on the research I looked through on tumeric and black pepper, it seems it is an amazing agent for inflammation. It seems like it would be great for someone with soft tissue issues that are NOT a result of, or mostly a result of, poor technique.

Also, little skin tears on the side of the shaft: is that a sign skin is tight? Or some technique flaw? I’m hanging normal weight without much issue and I’ve been using antibiotic ointment and Vaseline. Just curious if it means I should take another few days to stretch out skin.

hanginaround

Comment

• hanginaround,

>Also, [B]little skin tears on the side of the shaft: is that a sign skin is tight? Or some technique flaw?<

Well, stretch marks are normal with growth. The way to judge if you need to stretch skin is to simply reach down while hanging BTC and feel the skin at the base. If it is really tight, then the skin is taking a significant amount of stress.

Bigger

Comment

• Yes I’ve gotten the stretch marks, but I’m referring to actual small tears in skin. I’ve read about them before and was just curious. I can pinch a little skin and move it side to side in a BTC hang so it doesn’t feel super tight.

I was just curious, but it’s really no issue. Heals pretty quickly.

I’ll report back regarding the other stuff. I have a feeling it is the general inflammation at the bottom of this.

Comment

• Hello Bib! And forum readers. I have an update and a question.

I’ve been on the antihistamines and the tumeric for 4-5 days. Combined with the technique being generally better the numbness is much less of a problem. And I noticed that a cool shower seems to make the feeling come back immediately, which would lend itself to the issue being from swelling.

Here’s a question: what to do about white blotches on the head while hanging? It started a couple days ago in a minor way, and only for a set or so, but today at the end of set #1 there were several more white blotches on the head. Luckily there was still blood in there, and it went away immediately after the 19 minute set. No loss of sensitivity.

I’ve read other people saying this has happened during their first set when the top gap was larger than normal, and that was the case with this set. Just wondering what I should do about this as I know it says in the product guide that blue or white=bad. I also should note, I might have attached the hanger a bit farther back than usual, but more or less technique has been the same, and I’ve been hanging more weight and still making progress on the soft tissue/sensitivity thing. Thank you sir

hanginaround

Comment

Working...
                              X