Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice for hanging - proper stress progression, attachment procedure (uncut guy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for hanging - proper stress progression, attachment procedure (uncut guy)

Hi Bib,
    I bought a Bib Starter from you a year ago last August, and despite not being consistent with a hanging routine from that point until this past May, I was able to hang with daily consistency in May at 12 lbs with 4-5 sets each day, anchored 1-1/2” behind the coronal ridge and the Starter placed behind a wide thickness of my shaft. I eventually upped the weight to 22.5 lbs by mid June because I didn’t feel the electric stretch I thought I needed; unfortunately I had bad hanging form because my hanger slipped and stunned a small portion of the coronal ridge (that small injury only lasted less than a week). I realized I never had proper hanging form: I never had a proper tightening sequence before and after weight application, and I never made a proper stress progression with the Starter anchored on my tissues for handling heavier weight (this was realized after reading this forum about uncut guys and how they need to apply the hangers for themselves – I am uncut myself).
    I also came across how you sent NOS emails to some of these people on this forum that had purchased the device from you and I was wondering what that email was.
    The questions I have for you are:
    1. Do I need that NOS email? What is it? (because when I purchased your Starter last year I don’t believe I received that kind of email)
    2. You have mentioned that tissue strengthening is needed to handle larger weight. Since now I realize it’s important, how long should it take to progress from applying 5 lbs to 22 lbs? (because I think had I continued at the 22 lb weight, deformation/elongation would’ve finally occurred).
    3. I did try recently to adjust my hanger with top gap smaller than bottom gap, use two 16” long pieces of grey Theraband (one 1.5” wide and the other 2” wide) for wrapping, then anchoring an inch behind the coronal ridge, and I tried tightening progressively to grasp the internals using a 5 lb weight; but on my second and third sets while placing the Starter on and applying the weight, it felt like the Starter was slipping towards the head, even if I tightened further. What kind of adjustment(s) should be made here to keep the Starter in place and from slipping on subsequent sets? Or is it possible I was mistaking slipping for internals pushing forward?

Thank you,
    Avgmk87

Avgmk87,

>I also came across how you sent NOS emails to some of these people on this forum that had purchased the device from you and I was wondering what that email was.<

Email me and ask for a copy.

>[*]Do I need that NOS email? What is it? (because when I purchased your Starter last year I don’t believe I received that kind of email)<

Yes, you need that email. It has the stress progression in it.

>[*]You have mentioned that tissue strengthening is needed to handle larger weight. Since now I realize it’s important, how long should it take to progress from applying 5 lbs to 22 lbs? (because I think had I continued at the 22 lb weight, deformation/elongation would’ve finally occurred).<

At least 13 weeks.

>[*]I did try recently to adjust my hanger with top gap smaller than bottom gap, use two 16” long pieces of grey Theraband (one 1.5” wide and the other 2” wide) for wrapping, then anchoring an inch behind the coronal ridge, and I tried tightening progressively to grasp the internals using a 5 lb weight; but on my second and third sets while placing the Starter on and applying the weight, it felt like the Starter was slipping towards the head, even if I tightened further. What kind of adjustment(s) should be made here to keep the Starter in place and from slipping on subsequent sets? Or is it possible I was mistaking slipping for internals pushing forward?<

First, how and why are you using a five lb weight while tightening?

As far as slipping goes, I have no idea what your technique is like. So I cannot say why the hanger is slipping.

If you wish, you can send me the four technique pictures for evaluation.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
    X