Hanging Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging Around

I bought the Bib Hanger last October after reading about it in Thunders Place. Before then I had tried PE using pumping and using a Silistretcher. I used the Silistretcher as a hanger but by the time I got to about 10 lbs I started getting blisters and after a couple more attempts I threw it away. I also stopped pumping after learning that it is primarily for girth and I'm already pretty thick at 6.5 at the base and 5.5 at the tip (I don't like my arrowhead shape btw). But I have to admit I really enjoyed pumping and want to resume it when/if I achieve lengthening using the Bib Hanger.

After receiving the bib hanger and the NOS email I realized the serious dedication this was going to take. I had a family vacation planned for December and a temporary Army assignment in February so I decided to hold off starting until I knew I could sustain a strict regimen of hanging. For me this was early July after returning from my Army overseas assignment.

My starting stats are 7.25 BPEL, midpoint exit, around 10 to 9:30 LOT, and about 2.5" palpitation. From what I've read I will benefit most from BTC and that is what I have done 100% of the time.

I have kept a pretty detailed log of my hanging since I started. I have included below only the weight and total hanging time for the day although I do keep more details than that. I almost always hang twice a day splitting my time hanging approximately in half between two hanging periods. I know this isn't exactly in accordance with the NOS email guidelines but I have basically gone up in weight every week and I base my total hanging time on how I'm feeling. If I feel less fatigue I hang more, if I feel more fatigue I hang less and, so far, that puts me right between 2 and three hours. My wife is supportive of what I'm doing so privacy time isn't a big issue. Anyway, here's what I've done so far listing weight and total time:

7/9-7/14 Started at 5 lbs, measured 7.25 BPEL (with picture)
    7/15-7/19 increase to 6.5 lbs
    7/20-7/22 Increase to 8.5 lbs
    7/23 8.5, (2-45)
    7/24 8.5, (3-10)
    7/25 8.5, (4-0)
    7/26 8.5, (2-40)
    7/27 8.5, (3-45)
    7/28 10, (3-05)
    7/29 10, (2-25)
    7/30 10, (2-55)
    7/31 10, (3-0)
    8/1 10.7, (3-50)
    8/2 10.7, (3-30)
    8/3 10.7, (2-50)
    8/4 10.7, (2-10)
    8/5 10.7, (2-45)
    8/6 10.7, (2-35), measured 7.25 BPEL (no gain so no picture)
    8/7 10.7, (1-0)
    8/8 10.7, (1-0)
    8/9 12, (2-30)
    8/10 12, (2-30)
    8/11 12, (2-30)
    8/12 12, (2-10)
    8/13 12, (2-20)
    8/14 12, (2-15)
    8/15 12, (1-10)
    8/16 12.5, (25)
    8/17 12.5, (2-0)
    8/18 12.5, (1-45)
    8/19 12.5, (1-50)
    8/20 12.5, (2-0)
    8/21 12.5, (2-10)
    8/22 12.5, (2-10)
    8/23 13.75, (2-15)
    8/24 13.75, (2-15)
    8/25 13.75, (2-50)
    8/26 13.75, (2-40)
    8/27 13.75, (2-20)
    8/28 13.75, (3-0)
    8/29 13.75, (2-35)

What I'm feeling: For the first few weeks I didn't feel much of anything. I went up in weight a little quickly because of that and just trusting how I was feeling and watching out for any issues.

At 8.5 lbs I really thought I was feeling great fatigue but, in reality, I was stretching my skin as evidenced by a stretch mark that is about one inch long just below the base of my penis. It formed gradually over about two weeks. It was exactly as Bigger describes, a burning sensation in the skin at the base of my penis.

I finally started feeling real ligament fatigue at 10.7 lbs and I measured at the end of that week. After reading about guys getting gains at 5 or 6 lbs I had my hopes up but I had no gains. My motivation dropped and I only hung an hour for the next two days. I got over it and got back into my routine after those two days.

At 12.5 lbs I began to feel even more lig fatigue after hanging and even during the day the next day. I also started getting a little edema above my attachment point. Nothing scary but definitely noticeable. I also started turtling primarily the next day and especially when I'm active - mowing the lawn, lifting weights, etc.

Today is day 7 at 13.75 lbs and hanging is still quite comfortable, which is amazing to me. Every time I go up I fear it will be too much only to find out I adjust and it is fine. I'm still having a little attachment point edema but not terrible. The turtling this week has been significant. I never really experienced it before but it has been very noticeable this week which is apparently good. I've never turtled much, not even in cold water, but this is very noticeable and I'm tugging it throughout the day to get it out again.

Tomorrow I'm set to increase to 15 lbs and l'll measure again on September 6th and I'm hopeful I'll see some gains. Also, I have felt what I believe Bigger describes as Crimping since around 8 lbs. It doesn't feel bad, it might even feel sort of good, but it is very noticeable to me almost like my inner penis is sort of turning or curling around itself. Finally, my flaccid hang for the last month or so has been really nice, especially when I'm just finished hanging and when I get up in the morning.

I'll post more after a while. Hopefully, I will be reporting my first gains...we'll see! Until then I'll be hanging around.

Dingodsguy,

>But I have to admit I really enjoyed pumping and want to resume it when/if I achieve lengthening using the Bib Hanger.<

IF you want more girth toward the head, use EUs, AFTER you have reached your length goals.

>After receiving the bib hanger and the NOS email I realized the serious dedication this was going to take. I had a family vacation planned for December and a temporary Army assignment in February so I decided to hold off starting until I knew I could sustain a strict regimen of hanging. For me this was early July after returning from my Army overseas assignment.<

Thanks for your service.

>My starting stats are 7.25 BPEL, midpoint exit, around 10 to 9:30 LOT, and about 2.5" palpitation. From what I've read I will benefit most from BTC and that is what I have done 100% of the time.<

Correct.

>I have kept a pretty detailed log of my hanging since I started. <

OK, you are listing total time? Hopefully, this is cut up into 20 minute sets? IF so, that does not divide up correctly, most of the days.

Then, is this max weight? Is fatigue forcing you to reduce weight during any session or even set?

>I know this isn't exactly in accordance with the NOS email guidelines but I have basically gone up in weight every week and I base my total hanging time on how I'm feeling. If I feel less fatigue I hang more, if I feel more fatigue I hang less and, so far, that puts me right between 2 and three hours. <

You are most probably going to want to be more consistent than that. It is OK to vary by a set every so often. But you really want at least 4-5, 20 minute sets every single day.

>At 8.5 lbs I really thought I was feeling great fatigue but, in reality, I was stretching my skin as evidenced by a stretch mark that is about one inch long just below the base of my penis. It formed gradually over about two weeks. It was exactly as Bigger describes, a burning sensation in the skin at the base of my penis.<

So, did you do some dedicated skin stretch?

>At 12.5 lbs I began to feel even more lig fatigue after hanging and even during the day the next day. I also started getting a little edema above my attachment point. Nothing scary but definitely noticeable. I also started turtling primarily the next day and especially when I'm active - mowing the lawn, lifting weights, etc.<

OK, that is evidence you have created at least some deformation.

The edema above the attachment point needs to be watched. A bit is expected. But bad technique can cause too much, which really begins to sting.

>Today is day 7 at 13.75 lbs and hanging is still quite comfortable, which is amazing to me. Every time I go up I fear it will be too much only to find out I adjust and it is fine. I'm still having a little attachment point edema but not terrible. The turtling this week has been significant. I never really experienced it before but it has been very noticeable this week which is apparently good. I've never turtled much, not even in cold water, but this is very noticeable and I'm tugging it throughout the day to get it out again.<

Good.

Bigger

Comment

IF you want more girth toward the head, use EUs, AFTER you have reached your length goals.

>What are EUs? I did a little lazy research but didn't find much. Is it a Uli? I would love to work on a more consistent shape from tip to base once I'm done with lengthening.

OK, you are listing total time? Hopefully, this is cut up into 20 minute sets? IF so, that does not divide up correctly, most of the days.

>Well, hanging 20 minutes wasn't getting me to any fatigue at all so I would keep going for 25 or 30 minutes but never more than 30 to try and get to some fatigue. I know this is considered risky but I was consistently checking myself for any issues. Regardless, now that I'm at 15 lbs hanging over 20 minutes is no longer feasible.

Then, is this max weight? Is fatigue forcing you to reduce weight during any session or even set?

>All my listed weights were both max and minimum weights. So far fatigue has not forced me to reduce weight during any session or set. Going up to 15 lbs is challenging me but I still don't really feel the need to drop weight as I progress through my sets. Based on what I have felt in my 1.25 lb increases so far, I would predict that going to 16.25 lbs will be the point at which I will need to drop weight to finish my sets which I can clearly no longer go beyond 20 minutes for.

You are most probably going to want to be more consistent than that. It is OK to vary by a set every so often. But you really want at least 4-5, 20 minute sets every single day.

>I decided to go with 8, 20 minute sets per day which I split into two periods since that is pretty close to my total hanging time up to the point of increasing to 15 lbs. Here's what I've done since the last update:

8/30 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes
      8/31 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes
      9/1 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes
      9/2 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes

So, did you do some dedicated skin stretch?

>Yes, for about a week I moved the attachment point towards the base and that was when the stretch mark first appeared. I didn't know what it was at first but after about 3 days it was very clearly a stretch mark. After about a week I moved the attachment point back to the normal position. This definitely stretched my skin and I believe it helped me get to the point that I was finally feeling some fatigue.

The edema above the attachment point needs to be watched. A bit is expected. But bad technique can cause too much, which really begins to sting.

>The edema above the attachment point is still there. It isn't really any worse after going to 15 lbs but it isn't really any better either. I tried wrapping a little looser towards the base when I went to 15 lbs but I don't think it made a significant difference. I have at no point felt any pain or stinging associated with the edema. It is also somewhat isolated to the left side as I look down just above the attachment point. I would love to get this sorted out but, so far, I'm not overly concerned about it.

>Going up to 15 lbs felt like the most significant increase so far. The first set and the last set are the hardest. I'm getting to fatigue very early in my first set at 15 lbs. Probably within 3 or 4 minutes. By the time I get to the end of my last set I'm pretty anxious to finish up. It isn't to the point of being painful but the level of discomfort is significant and I get a great sense of relief when I finish my 8th set. Most of that fatigue is right on my pubic bone with some to the left and right of the pubic bone as well, but mostly right on the pubic bone. I think I will probably stay at 15 lbs for longer than 7 days based on the significant fatigue I'm achieving at this weight. Thoughts on that?

>I'm still feeling pretty comfortable during my hanging. As mentioned, the first and last sets are the hardest for me. The turtling is still pretty significant. Physical activity causes it to get really bad and, for some reason, any time I sit in my vehicle to drive anywhere I go into instant turtle mode. Lol. The only issue or point of concern so far is the edema. I'll keep doing some minor adjustments to see if I can get it to go way.

>I'm not sure if was impatience or if the first of the month seemed like a better time to measure but I did an updated measurement on 9/1. I will admit to being somewhat skeptical about this whole process but when I measured I'll be damned if I didn't gain a very solid 1/4" in 25 days. I actually shook my head and chuckled when I looked down at the ruler. It may have been slightly more than 1/4" but I'm going to say 1/4" and my updated BPEL is now 7.5". Big morale boost after my first 30 day measurement was a bust. I'll measure again on 10/1.

Comment

Dingodsguy,

>What are EUs? I did a little lazy research but didn't find much. Is it a Uli? I would love to work on a more consistent shape from tip to base once I'm done with lengthening.<

Extreme Ulis, using the Uli thing. Basics section.

>Well, hanging 20 minutes wasn't getting me to any fatigue at all so I would keep going for 25 or 30 minutes but never more than 30 to try and get to some fatigue. <

Starting out, you should not have done that. 20 minutes is fine. You simply should have let your tissues adapt. You did not need to reach fatigue in the beginning.

>All my listed weights were both max and minimum weights. So far fatigue has not forced me to reduce weight during any session or set. Going up to 15 lbs is challenging me but I still don't really feel the need to drop weight as I progress through my sets. Based on what I have felt in my 1.25 lb increases so far, I would predict that going to 16.25 lbs will be the point at which I will need to drop weight to finish my sets which I can clearly no longer go beyond 20 minutes for.<

OK. But realize, you do not need to be a hero. You want to reach fatigue early in your sessions, and ride the fatigue throughout. You should not be gritting your teeth to finish a set.

>I decided to go with 8, 20 minute sets per day which I split into two periods since that is pretty close to my total hanging time up to the point of increasing to 15 lbs. Here's what I've done since the last update:

8/30 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes
        8/31 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes
        9/1 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes
        9/2 15 lbs, Period One, 4 sets of 20 minutes, Period 2, 4 sets of 20 minutes<

OK. But try to do that every day. Do not add more than an extra set in any one day, and try to get in your set amount every day.

>The edema above the attachment point is still there. It isn't really any worse after going to 15 lbs but it isn't really any better either. I tried wrapping a little looser towards the base when I went to 15 lbs but I don't think it made a significant difference. I have at no point felt any pain or stinging associated with the edema. It is also somewhat isolated to the left side as I look down just above the attachment point. I would love to get this sorted out but, so far, I'm not overly concerned about it.<

Edema is due to high internal blood pressure, pushing fluid from blood into the interstitial spaces of the skin. Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those. As I said, some edema is to be expected, as the tissues adapt to the stresses. But if it gets to be too much, starts stinging, then check your technique.

>Going up to 15 lbs felt like the most significant increase so far. The first set and the last set are the hardest. I'm getting to fatigue very early in my first set at 15 lbs. Probably within 3 or 4 minutes. By the time I get to the end of my last set I'm pretty anxious to finish up. It isn't to the point of being painful but the level of discomfort is significant and I get a great sense of relief when I finish my 8th set. Most of that fatigue is right on my pubic bone with some to the left and right of the pubic bone as well, but mostly right on the pubic bone.<

That is the lig target area. Median and lateral suspensory ligs.

But do not push it too much. I cannot tell you how far to push it, because every guy is different. You should not be watching the clock, or gritting your teeth. Put your heavier plates on first, lighter plates on last. If needed, reach down and pull off a light plate. Ride the fatigue.

>I think I will probably stay at 15 lbs for longer than 7 days based on the significant fatigue I'm achieving at this weight. Thoughts on that?<

>I'm still feeling pretty comfortable during my hanging. As mentioned, the first and last sets are the hardest for me.<

If you are reaching fatigue early in your sessions, there is no reason to move up. Now, above you said the first and last sets are the toughest. The reason the first set is tough is that you are pulling out adhesions from previous deformation. That can be intense. I always hung my first set at about 75% max weight, until the intensity subsided. Then I would kick up to my max, if possible. It is not unusual for fatigue levels to be so great, that you cannot hang you max. That is ok, Good in fact. Just ride the fatigue at comfortable levels.

IF the last set is really tough, then most likely, you should have already reduced weight. Don't be a hero.

> The turtling is still pretty significant.<

Good. It means you are deforming tissues. Swelling in the collagenous tissues retracts the tissues, thus turtling.

>I'm not sure if was impatience or if the first of the month seemed like a better time to measure but I did an updated measurement on 9/1. I will admit to being somewhat skeptical about this whole process but when I measured I'll be damned if I didn't gain a very solid 1/4" in 25 days. I actually shook my head and chuckled when I looked down at the ruler. It may have been slightly more than 1/4" but I'm going to say 1/4" and my updated BPEL is now 7.5". Big morale boost after my first 30 day measurement was a bust. I'll measure again on 10/1.<

Congratulations. That is great. I did not believe PE would work either. I did not think a guy could apply enough stress to deform the tough collagenous tissues that restrain an erection, safely.

Bigger

Comment

Extreme Ulis, using the Uli thing. Basics section.

>Very interesting to read about extreme Ulis. I'm excited to try them to get my shape more consistent but it will be a long time before I do since I think I'll be hanging for quite a while.

OK. But realize, you do not need to be a hero. You want to reach fatigue early in your sessions, and ride the fatigue throughout. You should not be gritting your teeth to finish a set.

>Here's my most recent log updates:

9/3 Period 1 Set 1, 12.5, Set 2-4, 15
          Period 2 Set 5, 15, Set 6, 12.5
          Period 3 Set 7-8, 15
          9/4 Period 1, Set 1, 12.5, Set 2-7, 15, Set 8 started at 15 but dropped to 12.5 after 10 minutes
          9/5 Period 1, Set 1, 12.5, Set 2-4, 15
          Period 2, Set 5-8, 15
          9/6 Period 1 Set 1, 12.5, Set 2, 15
          Period 2 Set 3-5, 15
          Period 3 Set 6-8, 15
          9/7 Period 1, Set 1, 12.5, Set 2-4, 15
          Period 2, Set 5-8, 15
          9/8 Period 1, Set 1, 12.5, Set 2-4, 15
          Period 2, Set 5-8, 15
          9/9 Period 1, Set 1, 12.5, Set 2-4, 15
          ​​​​​​​Period 2, Set 5-8, 15

>Fatigue was a pretty big factor to me on 9/3 and 9/4 and again on 9/6 where I added a third period to get all my sets in because I was very fatigued after period 2. It has been okay since then and getting through my last set seems to get a little easier every day although I still get to fatigue early and continue it throughout my sets.

Edema is due to high internal blood pressure, pushing fluid from blood into the interstitial spaces of the skin. Either you are hanging with too much blood in the head and upper shaft, your wrap is too tight, your hanger is not tight enough, your bottom gap is not wide enough, you are attaching too far from the head, or you recently moved up a good bit in stress levels, or a combination of two or more of those. As I said, some edema is to be expected, as the tissues adapt to the stresses. But if it gets to be too much, starts stinging, then check your technique.

>Still having some edema. No better and no worse. Still not overly concerned but would obviously prefer not to have it. I think my technique is pretty solid based on what you advised to check above. The gel on the left side of my hanger is quite a bit thicker than on the right and I'm wondering if that is putting additional pressure on the left side of my shaft since, relative to the centerline of the hanger, there is much less space available inside the hanger on the left side compared to the right.

But do not push it too much. I cannot tell you how far to push it, because every guy is different. You should not be watching the clock, or gritting your teeth. Put your heavier plates on first, lighter plates on last. If needed, reach down and pull off a light plate. Ride the fatigue.

>As you can see above I started having to drop weight at 15 lbs but not that much. I still feel like I'm experiencing great fatigue.

The reason the first set is tough is that you are pulling out adhesions from previous deformation. That can be intense. I always hung my first set at about 75% max weight, until the intensity subsided. Then I would kick up to my max, if possible.

>Going down to 12.5 lbs on my first set helped tremendously. Then going into my second set at 15 lbs is very comfortable where going to 15 lbs in my first set previously was quite uncomfortable. Thanks for the advice!

Good. It means you are deforming tissues. Swelling in the collagenous tissues retracts the tissues, thus turtling.

>Still lots of turtling going on.

>Overall things are going well. Finding time over Labor Day weekend to get all 8 sets completed was a challenge but I'm glad I was able to do it. Helps to have a supportive wife. I intend to stay at 15 lbs at least a few more days depending on how my fatigue goes in the early sets but I can tell I'll need to go up again relatively soon.

Comment

Dingodsguy,

>Still having some edema. No better and no worse. Still not overly concerned but would obviously prefer not to have it. I think my technique is pretty solid based on what you advised to check above. The gel on the left side of my hanger is quite a bit thicker than on the right and I'm wondering if that is putting additional pressure on the left side of my shaft since, relative to the centerline of the hanger, there is much less space available inside the hanger on the left side compared to the right.<

Think about it a minute...Pressure is pressure. The two sides push against each other, with the wrapped shaft in the middle.

You cannot have pressure on one side without pressure on the other side.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
            X