Hanging Weight/Time/Attachment Specifics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging Weight/Time/Attachment Specifics

Hey, I’m pretty new to hanging (been doing it about 4 months, 5-10 hours per week) and I could use some clarifications to better my hanging game. There’s a few topics I’d like to understand better so I’ll break it down in sections:

1. I understood I should start at about 5-7.5 lbs and add 0.5-1 lbs per week to progress, hanging SD and BTC. I worked my way up to a max of 15 lbs but am weary of moving further up yet. In reading about how people here and elsewhere talk about weight, things seem a bit more complicated than initially. I was under the initial impression that when people say they’re can do, say 20-30 lbs for 2-3 hours per day (or 20 lbs for 6 or however many sets), that meant they would do that weight for that time, but some users comment about having a max weight that is used only for one or two sets. Do people normally do their hanging in a fashion where they, say do 20 lbs for their first one or two sets, then if they’ve reached fatigue they reduce from there?

2. My next big confusion is about the definition of a set. When I start hanging, I find that I need to add weight incrementally before I get to a desired “working” weight and I start my time. For instance, I add 2.5 lb weights over the course of 5-10 minutes before I get to 10-12.5 lbs and then start the time for my set. The way some users write, it seems as though they put the hanger on, attach 20lbs or more all at once and they start right there. I don’t see how this is doable for me as the hanger can feel painful at first to add weight to. Do people attach all weight at once and start their sets there or do they work up a few pounds at a time before getting to a “working weight” for a few minutes and start there?

3. Hanger Attachment Logistics: I might have misunderstood how to attach my hanger in the beginning, as I placed my wrap within half an inch from my glans. I’ve read since that the best location is about 1.25 inches away from the glans (or 0.25” away from the circumcision scar). I’m using a cloth wrap as well as Theraband to wrap my shaft and I’ve found that there are times when this works well and is fairly comfy, staying mostly in place with little slippage, but there are other times where it does not feel as comfortable, slipping down my shaft bundling skin around the glans despite tightening the fasteners more so than times when it works comfortably. Any ideas on what could be causing this or what could prevent it?

I haven’t made much length gains the last few months which I chalked up to needing more time at first but maybe there’s more I’m doing wrong. Any tips appreciated.

Hoyt,

>Hey, I’m pretty new to hanging (been doing it about 4 months, 5-10 hours per week) and I could use some clarifications to better my hanging game. <

First, are you following the stress progression in the NOS email? I assume you mean you started at five hours per week, and then worked up to ten hours per week, adding one new set each week?

>1. I understood I should start at about 5-7.5 lbs<

No more than five lbs to start.

>and add 0.5-1 lbs per week to progress,<

No more than 15% of max added each week.

>hanging SD and BTC.<

Good to learn how to hang at the lower angles. But I hope you did the three tests to understand your particular lig tunica relationship.

>I worked my way up to a max of 15 lbs but am weary of moving further up yet.<

Are you reaching fatigue early in your sessions, and riding the fatigue throughout?

>In reading about how people here and elsewhere talk about weight, things seem a bit more complicated than initially. I was under the initial impression that when people say they’re can do, say 20-30 lbs for 2-3 hours per day (or 20 lbs for 6 or however many sets), that meant they would do that weight for that time, but some users comment about having a max weight that is used only for one or two sets.<

Yes. That is reaching fatigue early in their sessions, and riding the fatigue throughout. You should reach a fatigue level that forces you to reduce weight during a session, and even a set.

>Do people normally do their hanging in a fashion where they, say do 20 lbs for their first one or two sets, then if they’ve reached fatigue they reduce from there?<

Yes.

>2. My next big confusion is about the definition of a set. When I start hanging, I find that I need to add weight incrementally before I get to a desired “working” weight and I start my time. For instance, I add 2.5 lb weights over the course of 5-10 minutes before I get to 10-12.5 lbs and then start the time for my set.<

First, do not go past 20 minutes for any set, no matter the circumstance.

It is not unusual to need a warm up set to pull out adhesions from previous deformation. The go to max weight in the second set. I did. Others do as you describe, adding weight slowly in the first set. You should not have to do that in the rest of your sets.

>The way some users write, it seems as though they put the hanger on, attach 20lbs or more all at once and they start right there.<

Some do.

> don’t see how this is doable for me as the hanger can feel painful at first to add weight to. <

It depends on where you feel the pain. If it is in the target tissues, ligs and tunica, then you are most likely pulling out adhesions. If it is in the hanger attachment area, you most likely have a technique issue.

>Do people attach all weight at once and start their sets there or do they work up a few pounds at a time before getting to a “working weight” for a few minutes and start there?<

It is completely individuall.

>3. Hanger Attachment Logistics: I might have misunderstood how to attach my hanger in the beginning, as I placed my wrap within half an inch from my glans. I’ve read since that the best location is about 1.25 inches away from the glans (or 0.25” away from the circumcision scar).<

It depends on overall length. For some guys, that is a half inch behind the coronal ridge. For longer guys, as much as 1.5 inches.

>I’m using a cloth wrap as well as Theraband to wrap my shaft and I’ve found that there are times when this works well and is fairly comfy, staying mostly in place with little slippage, but there are other times where it does not feel as comfortable, slipping down my shaft bundling skin around the glans despite tightening the fasteners more so than times when it works comfortably. Any ideas on what could be causing this or what could prevent it?<

First, there is only one tightener. The top bolt. The two bottom bolts are to allow easy access to the inner adjustment hex nuts. Finding the correct adjustment is a trial and error process, that should not take long.

Before you attach the hanger, the two sides should be aligned, and the bottom outer wing nuts snugged down. Then you attach the hanger, and go through the tightening process with the top bolt.

If the two sides are not static in relation to each other, it makes it harder for the hanger to grasp the internals.

Then, you need to go through enough rounds of tightening to give a solid attachment, and prevent slipping.

Also, you need to get the correct WFG, and bottom inner hex nut adjustments, for the later sets. The first set or so, your top gap may be a bit large.

>I haven’t made much length gains the last few months which I chalked up to needing more time at first but maybe there’s more I’m doing wrong. Any tips appreciated.<

You need to hang every day, at least ten hours of actual hang time each week. Then, you need to work up to a weight that brings on fatigue early in your sessions, and ride the fatigue.

Bigger

Comment

Bigger,

>First, are you following the stress progression in the NOS email? I assume you mean you started at five hours per week, and then worked up to ten hours per week, adding one new set each week?

Yes, that is what I mean.

>Are you reaching fatigue early in your sessions, and riding the fatigue throughout?

I rarely feel like my ligs are getting properly fatigued in the way other users describe. I have had a handful of experiences where my ligament area felt at least a little sore (at the end of last week when I did almost 9 hours over 4 days just SD and BTC, I felt more sore in that area than any week before after about 7 hours in and actually did have to reduce weight), but most times I only ever have sensations in the shaft area that has the hanger attached to it. As I’ve described, my max is currently 15 lbs, but I usually hang at around 10-12.5 lbs. I usually either go for 10 lbs for 5-10 minutes of a set and up it to 12.5 for the remainder. On the second set and on usually, I’ll go up to 15 lbs within the first 5-15 minutes of a set and keep it there until I take off at the 20 minute mark to start over in the next set. Many times, there is just a pain in the attachment area that I have to wait to numb enough before I add weight to it, but this can be inconsistent as some days I have little to no pain and can jump into working sets fairly quickly and have 15 lbs on for the full duration. This is without changing anything on the hanger or wrapping wise so I’m just not sure what causes this inconsistency, it’s almost like a question of luck. I think that because of this pain that creeps up, it reduces the effectiveness of my sets decreasing my ability to reach fatigue and that could be my issue with not feeling it.

Comment

Hoyt,

>I rarely feel like my ligs are getting properly fatigued in the way other users describe. I have had a handful of experiences where my ligament area felt at least a little sore (at the end of last week when I did almost 9 hours over 4 days just SD and BTC, <

It does not work that way. You need to be consistent. Nine hours in four days? Is there any way you were conditioned to do that? You need to try and get in at least 4-5 sets every single day. If you can do five sets per day every day, that is great. IF you can do six, great.

>I felt more sore in that area than any week before after about 7 hours in and actually did have to reduce weight), but most times I only ever have sensations in the shaft area that has the hanger attached to it.<

Then to address the point above, you need to continue to move up in weight, slowly, until you reach a weight that brings on fatigue early in your sessions.

>As I’ve described, my max is currently 15 lbs, but I usually hang at around 10-12.5 lbs. I usually either go for 10 lbs for 5-10 minutes of a set and up it to 12.5 for the remainder. On the second set and on usually, I’ll go up to 15 lbs within the first 5-15 minutes of a set and keep it there until I take off at the 20 minute mark to start over in the next set. Many times, there is just a pain in the attachment area that I have to wait to numb enough before I add weight to it, but this can be inconsistent as some days I have little to no pain and can jump into working sets fairly quickly and have 15 lbs on for the full duration<

None of that sounds good or right. You need to send me the four technique pictures, to see what you are doing.

Bigger

Comment

>None of that sounds good or right. You need to send me the four technique pictures, to see what you are doing.

Can you be specific about how the pictures should be taken and how they should be sent to you?

Comment

Hoyt,

>Can you be specific about how the pictures should be taken and how they should be sent to you?<

[email protected]

I need four pictures only.

1. Wrapped bundle taken from the top of the shaft. Grasp the head and stretch out the shaft.

2. Bottom hex nut adjustments, taken from the bottom of the hanger.

3. Attachment point, hanger on, not tightened, taken from the top of the shaft.

4. Hanging pictures, taken from the top of the shaft. I must be able to see the head.

Please indicate the set in which the pictures were taken; 1st, 2nd, last, etc.

Be sure to detail any problems you are having, so that I can address them.

Be sure to attach the pictures to the email. Do NOT embed them.

Bigger

Comment

Hoyt,

>As you can probably tell, I'm having several issues. <

Yes you do. This is going to take a while, fixing everything. But you will get there after a week or so. The first thing you need to do is get your wrap correct. Then we can work on the other issues.

Realize this: the more stuff you have between the hanger and the internals, the harder it is for the hanger to grasp the internals, and form the shoulders of the head, to give a solid attachment.

Further, you have a lot of edema, which causes the stinging. This means you are cutting off return blood flow, pushing fluid into the interstitial spaces of the skin. Unless you are doing girth work or pumping or something; if hanging is causing it, then most likely your wrap is too tight.

Every good wrapped bundle should have these characteristics:

Enough wrapped shaft to attach the hanger at least a quarter inch behind the leading edge of the wrap, as seen from the side, midline of the shaft. Your attachment is way too close to the leading edge of the wrap.

If possible, enough wrapped shaft to tape the last pass BEHIND the hanger attachment area. Are you using rubber bands to hold the wrap in place? If so, that is not going to work. It will only tend to cut off more blood flow.

ONE pass of wrap at the top, toward the head, then drop back an eighth inch for the next pass, then another eighth inch for the next. This is to prevent a hard edge of wrap pushing against the nerve bundle, on top of the shaft, behind the head.

Then enough wrapped girth, so that you can make the bottom gap larger than the top gap, when the hanger is very tight. Top teeth almost to slightly meshed.

Next, the first passes of wrap need to be passive, with little tension on them. Then, you pull more tension on the later passes, where the hanger attaches, to make a solid, stable bundle. This effectively collects the skin, and prevents pinching.

Use the least amount of wrap, possible , at the attachment point, to meet those criteria. But cut your wrap longer, to go through the trial and error process of seeing how many passes of wrap you need in the attachment zone. Also, you can wrap any excess behind the hanger attachment area.

Correct wrapping instructions:

You have a stretching hand, left or right, and a wrapping hand, left or right.
              Stretch out the penis, grasping the head and pulling straight out. Then smooth the skin back toward the base. While still stretched out, start your wrap, pinning the leading edge of the wrap between your stretching fingers (middle finger and ring finger), and your shaft. Start a half inch to 1.25 inches from the coronal ridge, depending on overall length.

Make your first pass of wrap around, and then a second about an eighth inch down from the first. Many guys like a third close pass at the top. Then grasp those first passes of wrap and the shaft firmly with your wrapping hand, at the top of the passes, and transfer your stretching grip from the head, to those first passes of wrap, and continue the stretch.

Then grasp the loose skin, and tug it back toward the base, all around the shaft. This should pull out any wrinkled skin under those first passes of wrap.
              While still stretching out the shaft, make another pass, perhaps a quarter to a half inch down from the original passes. Transfer your stretching grip to the top of the new pass of wrap, holding the wrap and shaft in tandem. Then again tug the skin back toward the base. Continue making passes and tugging the skin back toward the base. When you finish, the skin under the wrap should be wrinkle free.

>I am between a rock and a hard place where I simultaneously seem to be tightening too much (it becomes painful and slightly stinging indentations are temporarily left on my shaft)<

It is most likely the poor wrap that is causing the issues. Not the amount of tightening of the hanger. The stinging most likely comes from the edema.

>I've tried several combinations of toe-in and toe-out at different gap levels as well as different wraps under the theraband (a silicon sleeve, cloth headband, sports wrap, and cotton gauze), but nothing seems to work properly. For a time, the silicone band did for the most part, and strangely the head band worked perfectly all of last week, keeping the hanger perfectly in place at the same time as allowing me to experience no pain, but then Monday, the hanger started to slip while using it and tightening only made it painful again; I'm not sure what changed, as I didn't mess with any of the nuts until after said slipping.<

None of that is going to matter, or rather be important, untii we get your wrap sorted out. Follow the instructions above, try it out, and then we can go from there. I will need another four pictures to see where you are. Then we can work on WFG, wrapped flaccid girth, and your bottom inner hex nut adjustments, along with tightening.

>I also am unable to prevent my shaft from tilting at an angle despite trying to hold it straight.<

We will get to that last. More importantly than the slight twist you have, is that you have way too much blood in the head and upper shaft. You need to work on that while you sort your wrap. Your head and upper shaft being engorged is what is one thing that is causing the edema.

When you first attach the hanger, before tightening much, if at all, you need to push it all the way to the head, and allow the excess blood to move past the wrap. If it cannot, then either your wrap is too tight, you tightened the hanger too much before pushing forward, or a combination.

If you still cannot get out the excess blood, then squeeze the head and upper shaft, and get out most of the blood, before you push the hanger forward. If that does not work, let me know.

After pushing forward, hold it there a minute, until all the excess blood is removed. Then use your left thumb to reestablish the gap between head and hanger, as you go through the tightening process.

You want to push down/forward with your left thumb, on the shaft, between head and hanger, while you are lifting up on the hanger with your left palm, as you tighten the hanger with your right hand. This will force the shaft low in the shaft well, and keep the excess blood from returning. While waiting between tightening periods, hold forward pressure on the hanger, to keep excess blood from returning. When you finish tightening, the head should be flaccid, and the hanger tight.

From the time you remove the excess blood, until the set is over, you need some forward pressure, to keep the blood from returning.

I know that is a lot of stuff. But work on it, and let me see how you are getting on. Look at Sappy's pictures in the pictures section of the Bib forum. He has good technique, and what you should aim for.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
              X