Churchill's thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bib View Post
    There is no reason to try and keep it straight. That is just another step that complicates things. Easier to make the hang go to the side you want it to go to. So you alternate sides to give a bit more stress to each lateral susp ligs on alternating sets. The median susp ligs will get about the same stress on every set.
    All right, thank you very much for the explanation.

Originally posted by Bib View Post
    You should not have so much fatigue or discomfort that you break into a sweat.
    OK. I do sweat a lot lately. Well, summer has come here, so that's certainly the first reason ^^' but it's also because of discomfort, I can barely do other things while I'm hanging now. In fact, I have been making the same mistake as VestedVet's, trying to get my sets in at the cost of edema, and my skin is really sensitive now.

Something strange just happened, for instance. I was doing my last set, when I started feeling discomfort in the shaft towards the base. Like a burning feeling. I thought that might be because of the skin being sensitive and perhaps stretching, but in fact it was loose enough. That's usual over the last few weeks in fact, but never that intense. So I took one weight off, remained with barely 750g, and couldn't stand that either. I thought that was fatigue and that was good. I changed angles, sitting SD, nothing. So I took even the last weight off, to see what happens... and the burning pain was still there, and stayed there until I took the hanger off! So, it wasn't due to the weight, but to the hanger! I thought I had started reaching fatigue over the last two weeks, but I must have fooled myself... either it was skin stretching, or it was what I have just described. I hadn't realized that even if the source of pain is in the hanger, pain can come up at the base...

Comment

Churchill91,

>OK. I do sweat a lot lately. Well, summer has come here, so that's certainly the first reason ^^' but it's also because of discomfort, I can barely do other things while I'm hanging now. In fact, I have been making the same mistake as VestedVet's, trying to get my sets in at the cost of edema, and my skin is really sensitive now.<

First, keep Vaseline on the area to sooth the skin. Then, fix the reason for the edema.

>Something strange just happened, for instance. I was doing my last set, when I started feeling discomfort in the shaft towards the base. Like a burning feeling. I thought that might be because of the skin being sensitive and perhaps stretching, but in fact it was loose enough. That's usual over the last few weeks in fact, but never that intense. So I took one weight off, remained with barely 750g, and couldn't stand that either. I thought that was fatigue and that was good. I changed angles, sitting SD, nothing. So I took even the last weight off, to see what happens... and the burning pain was still there, and stayed there until I took the hanger off! So, it wasn't due to the weight, but to the hanger! I thought I had started reaching fatigue over the last two weeks, but I must have fooled myself... either it was skin stretching, or it was what I have just described. I hadn't realized that even if the source of pain is in the hanger, pain can come up at the base...<

I have never heard that one before. No idea why just the hanger would cause burning at the base.

Bigger

Comment

Perhaps a nerve got pinched during the attaching process? I really don't know....

Comment

Update

Soon after my latest post, I took some days off for healing my skin as it was in terrible state. I did not stop hanging completely, but I dropped sessions to one session per day at minimum weight (under 1 kg). In some days, my skin got better, so I went up to 1.5 kg and 2 sets per day. It is interesting because when my skin healed, most of the problems I had described in my previous post disappeared.

Unfortunately (for my hanging career, of course), a friend came to visit and stayed over much longer than expected, then another came and left just a couple of days ago. I had to hang whenever it was possible when my friends were out, but, obviously, I had to skip some days here and there and in any case I couldn't add further sets. But in fact, I see this as an opportunity to learn at lower levels, and I think it has helped me to improve my technique. In addition, I think I ratcheted weight and sets up way too fast last time and I don't want to repeat the same mistake. Of course, I am going to add weight and sets, but slowly this time. I might stay at 2 sets for another week, until I am perfectly confident to move up to 3.

I will write another post in the next few days about a couple of changes in my technique that it might be useful to share and/or discuss.

Cheers!

Churchill

Comment

Churchill91,

Well, this is kind of a slow start. But as long as you are learning, and get it right before moving up stress levels, perhaps it is profitable.

Bigger

Comment

Well, the main reason I think I am learning this way is that if I make mistakes and, say, the skin or the head receives some damage, the damage is usually rather small and the penis has recovered by the next day. With 5 sets per day, problems were building up and I had a hard time recognizing if I was doing right or wrong... anyway, 2 sets per day was really little indeed, so I moved to 3 sets yesterday in the end Hope everything keeps going well.

The two main things I have observed over the past few weeks are the following:

1) one must strike a balance between pulling the skin from under the wrap while wrapping to prevent wrinkled skin beneath the wrap, and leaving it unpulled. I think I've noticed that if I pull it too tight, it gets more sensitive and it gets irritated from hanging very easily, a mistake I was making very often during the first month.

2) I have always paid attention not to get the bottom of my shaft pinched by the hanger's bottom teeth, but in fact, I hadn't noticed the worst skin deterioration came from the top shaft being too compressed by the top teeth. Even if those teeth usually do not literally come into contact and pinch the skin, but are just very tight with a portion of the shaft inbetween, that can have really negative effects. I've learnt to be more painstaking about attaching at BOTH sides of the hanger, and to do so effectively, it was necessary to reduce the wrapped bundle, that is, to wrap tighter.

Don't know if my observations are correct, but I thought it would be nice to share them with other users, who might find them helpful.

Cheers!

Pierre

Comment

Churchill,

Thanks. It definitely is an individual thing. I am glad you are experimenting.

Bigger

Comment

Hello all,

I am catching a plane in a week's time and I would like to take the hanger with me, as I will be on holidays for two weeks and I don't want to break off for so long. I will only have a carry-on luggage with me, so I'll have to put it there. Has anybody ever had problems with hangers at the airport? It would be really embarassing to have to explain what it is, and, what's worse, if for some reason they confiscated it, I would have to order a new one from the States and I would have to stop for nearly a month... I don't mind about the weights, I will use water bottles, just the hanger.

Thank you!

Churchill

Comment

Churchill91,

>I am catching a plane in a week's time and I would like to take the hanger with me, as I will be on holidays for two weeks and I don't want to break off for so long. I will only have a carry-on luggage with me, so I'll have to put it there. Has anybody ever had problems with hangers at the airport?<

There have been several reports of hangers being stolen from checked luggage. So carry on is the way to go.

>It would be really embarassing to have to explain what it is, and, what's worse, if for some reason they confiscated it, I would have to order a new one from the States and I would have to stop for nearly a month<

I have never heard of one being confiscated. No idea why they would. The best explanation is exercise equipment. Tell then you have arthritis and need it to stretch out your finger joints.

>I don't mind about the weights, I will use water bottles, just the hanger.<

That's the ticket.

Bigger

Comment

Excellent! Thanx a lot, Bib.

Comment

Working...
                      X