Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Progression

Hi Bib,

I bought my Bib hanger a few months ago, but due to work I could only start hanging regularly this month.

Just completed my 2nd week of hanging, this past week.

I'm following the sample progression that you sent in the NOS email. I started with the minimum values.

1st week: 3 sets, 20 min, 2 pounds
    2nd week: 4 sets, 20 min, 2 pounds

I hang BTC and I do feel the stretch in the ligs, yet except for week 1, when I felt a very light soreness towards the end of that week, I haven't felt any more fatigue.

So here are my doubts. I plan to do a total of 8 sets, 20 min each, split across the day. Should I keep the same weight (2 pounds) until I reach my total number of sets, or increase the weight now and add an additional set (e.g: 5sets, 20 min, 4 pounds).

My unit does turtle every time after hanging. Did that happen to you? Did you use traction wrapping or any other technique to keep it in an elongated state?

Also for this past weeks I had some issues with wrapping. I'm uncut. This previous 2 weeks I stretched the skin all the way back to the base and then wrapped, What happened is that the wrap would slide towards the head and put some pressure on it. Towards the final of the set, the head would start to get cold.

Yesterday I read some older posts about wrapping for uncut guys and tried to wrap as you explained, letting the foreskin cover the head,

After many trials I managed to do a decent wrap, although the hanger did sat closer to the head. When using this method I do feel some pull on the ligs but I did felt more the skin stretching.

Is this normal? When stretching the skin should you keep the same progression? That is in the next week add 1 more set or weight?

Thanks in advance and pardon me for my English. Not a native speaker.

Last edited by Bewize; 09-26-2021, 11:07 AM.

If your technique is correct and you're not getting too much blood in upper shaft then you could increase to 5 lb if you feel comfortable with that

You can make some measurable progress with eight sets a day. I'm at about four sets a day and I've been doing this consistently since February of 2020 had to take 2 weeks off cuz my hanger broke but now I've got a replacement

Comment

Bewize,

>I hang BTC and I do feel the stretch in the ligs, yet except for week 1, when I felt a very light soreness towards the end of that week, I haven't felt any more fatigue.<

That is totally normal. Hard to do only hanging two lbs.

>So here are my doubts. I plan to do a total of 8 sets, 20 min each, split across the day. Should I keep the same weight (2 pounds) until I reach my total number of sets, or increase the weight now and add an additional set (e.g: 5sets, 20 min, 4 pounds).<

You can hang up to five lbs any time while you are increasing sets, and learning to hang.

>My unit does turtle every time after hanging. Did that happen to you? <

Yes.

>Did you use traction wrapping or any other technique to keep it in an elongated state?<

I did, yes. But as it turns out, adhesions formed from previous deformations are pulled out in the next hanging session. So it is not needed.

>Also for this past weeks I had some issues with wrapping. I'm uncut. This previous 2 weeks I stretched the skin all the way back to the base and then wrapped, What happened is that the wrap would slide towards the head and put some pressure on it. Towards the final of the set, the head would start to get cold.<

I do not know what that means, but that does not sound good. The key for uncut guys hanging with a Bib, is to ignore the foreskin. Just pull it back enough to grasp the actual head, stretch out, and wrap like normal. Then release the foreskin. The wrap should stay behind the head. So, you are leaving the foreskin static. Not pulling it back so it wants to pull the wrapped bundle forward, and not pulling the foreskin forward, so it wants to move the wrapped bundle backward.

Cut or uncut, everything is the same. You are trying to grasp the internals of the shaft. That is how the hanger works. The foreskin makes no difference.

>After many trials I managed to do a decent wrap, although the hanger did sat closer to the head. When using this method I do feel some pull on the ligs but I did felt more the skin stretching.

Is this normal?<

IF you want to make significant gains, you must stretch a significant amount of skin.

>When stretching the skin should you keep the same progression? That is in the next week add 1 more set or weight?<

IF you are doing dedicated skin stretch, you do not use the same progression. I am not sure you are ready for dedicated skin stretch yet.

Bigger

Comment

Peispossible,

Thank you for the advice.

How much weight did you start with?

Comment

Bib,

>IF you want to make significant gains, you must stretch a significant amount of skin.<

I never thought about stretching skin but after thinking about it it does make sense that you have to do it. After wrapping like you advised, now I do feel soreness on the skin. I don't know if the ligs are being targeted, at least I don't feel it when hanging. Although if I stand up and change the haning angle from BTC to SD I do feel the pull on the ligs.

>IF you are doing dedicated skin stretch, you do not use the same progression. I am not sure you are ready for dedicated skin stretch yet.<

Out of curiosity, when should you stretch only skin? How's the progression different?

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bewize View Post
            Peispossible,

Thank you for the advice.

How much weight did you start with?
            I started with two or three pounds when I started the bib starter in February of 2020 coming off a split urethra injury

Having said that I've been hanging consistently about an hour a day since October of 2018 I made a homemade hanger I got them creative and use a thick wool socks and used to put weights in there and use cable clamps to attach. Currently I do about four sets a day using the bibstarter

Comment

Bewize,

>Out of curiosity, when should you stretch only skin?<

When you reach down while hanging BTC, and palpate the skin at the base, and it is tight, then you probably need a week or so of dedicated skin stretch.

>How's the progression different?<

It generally does not take as much stress to stretch skin. But as always, you go by feel and fatigue.

Bigger

Comment

Bib,

Last week I increased the weight to 2.75 pounds.

When I reached the middle of the week my skin was really sore. I had to decrease the weight to be able to finish all sets.

This week, the soreness as subsided and I don't feel the weight so challenging.

Next week I.m gonna up the weight to 3.85 pounds (7 sets).

I'm currently doing 5 min of jelqing after I do my sets in the morning and at night. A total of 10 min of jelqing.

Should I up this number also? How much time do you recommend?

How much did you gain in you fist 6 months?

At what weight did you start to see noticeable gains?

Comment

You do not need to compare your gains to Bibs, his gains were probably ahead of most men
                  I believe Bibs gains were somewhere in the 17 to 27 lbs range , something like that

Bib has been in hospital last time i emailed him a few days ago with covid

Comment

Originally posted by Peispossible View Post
                    You do not need to compare your gains to Bibs, his gains were probably ahead of most men
                    I believe Bibs gains were somewhere in the 17 to 27 lbs range , something like that

Bib has been in hospital last time i emailed him a few days ago with covid
                    I was just curious. I realize we are all different and therefore the gains we make are different too.

Do you jelq after your routine? If you do, for how long?

Bib,

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Bewize View Post

I was just curious. I realize we are all different and therefore the gains we make are different too.

Do you jelq after your routine? If you do, for how long?

Bib,

I wish you a speedy recovery.

I do sometimes between sets if it unwrap as my wrapping can use improvement or I do split sets like I have to go out to the gym or go do something else I take it off
                      Then after last set I do some. I could use improvement helping but I use to not do them, so at least I'm doing them some

Comment

Bewize,

>I'm currently doing 5 min of jelqing after I do my sets in the morning and at night. A total of 10 min of jelqing.

Should I up this number also? How much time do you recommend?<

No, jelqing after a hanging session is only for restoring full circulation. Ten minutes should be fine.

>How much did you gain in you fist 6 months?<

My PE bio is in the Basics section. I think I gained two inches in the first eight months.

>At what weight did you start to see noticeable gains?<

7.5 lbs. But I am sure I had already made preliminary gains.

Peispossible is correct. There have been very few that have approached those kinds of levels.

Bigger

Comment

6th Week (started yesterday):

8 sets x 5 pounds x 20 min

Measured myself last week, no gains so far.

Haven't felt any fatigue thus far, Just soreness from skin stretching.

I still can't tell if I'm stretching the ligs when hanging BTC, I just feel the skin stretching.

Comment

Bewize,

>Haven't felt any fatigue thus far, Just soreness from skin stretching.

I still can't tell if I'm stretching the ligs when hanging BTC, I just feel the skin stretching.<

Not too many guys create fatigue at five lbs or less. Keep moving up stress levels, following the stress progression in the NOS email.

Bigger

Comment

Bewize,

I had my first fatigue at 15 lbs. Some gets it at a lower weight, some at a higher. I read about a guy who had his first fatigue at 28 lbs which is extreme. Depending on your previous experience from PE I’m guessing you will start hitting fatigue, in your first set, somewhere between 8-15 lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X