Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanger faulty

Hi Bigger

My bib hanger top bolt, (thats the bolt you use to tighten the hanger we putting it on) has just started jumping out of the slot when i tighten it up, it will not sit right down to the bottom of the slot, I set it at the bottom of the slot but as i tighten it rides up and pops out the top of the slot and the hanger springs open. Have you known this happen before?

I have inspected it but i dont know why it's started doing it. It's dangerous as if i have it on and it pops out with the weight on it it could injure my penis!!

Also the rubber is comming away from the bib, will glue fix this.

The hanger is slowly disintegrating!

I have sent some pictures with this message.

Re: Hanger faulty

simba,

>My bib hanger top bolt, (thats the bolt you use to tighten the hanger we putting it on) has just started jumping out of the slot when i tighten it up, it will not sit right down to the bottom of the slot, I set it at the bottom of the slot but as i tighten it rides up and pops out the top of the slot and the hanger springs open. Have you known this happen before?<

No. Are you making sure you have the top washer seated in the washer well before tightening?

>I have inspected it but i dont know why it's started doing it. It's dangerous as if i have it on and it pops out with the weight on it it could injure my penis!!<

If the hanger is very tight, as it should be, the hanger should just fly open and fall off without injuring you. But of course, you do not want that to happen anyway.

>Also the rubber is comming away from the bib, will glue fix this.<

This makes me think that you are simply not tightening enough. As per the product guide, you must tighten the hanger enough so that it grasps the internals of the shaft. If you do not, the weight tries to pull the shaft through the hanger, and pulls the padding off.

At any rate, you can send the hanger back, and I will have a look at it, and fix it. But I will be out of town until next Monday.

Bigger

Comment

Hi Simba !

I read Your post about the faulty hanger. I received my BibStarter a few weeks ago. After having viewed SWM,s My BIB How To VIDEO in the Basics Forum, I found securing the hanger to my penis, fairly easy. I admit, getting the adjustments right for a comfortable, secure fit, requires a little experimenting.

I can see in the first and second photographs You have submitted, the washer seems to be seated correctly in it's housing. The third pic,"with bolt about to pop out top of slot", when clicking to enlarge, seems to show the washer either having a collar or looks like 2 washers. My BibStarter has one flat washer which seats perfectly in it's housing. I just tried locking the washer in place without tightening the wing nut at all. It is secure and cannot slip.

The white oval plastic stopper before the wing nut in the 3rd pic, suggests it has possibly been removed. All three stoppers on my hanger seem permanently secured. I would assume, if a washer needed replacement for some reason, the exact outside diameter as the original washer should be used. Any washer with a bigger diameter, (pardon the pun) will surely cause the problem You seem to be having.

I have tried to tighten the top wing nut to the max and have experienced the wings of the wing nut can touch the beginning of the washer housing. I then adjusted the bottom 2 hexagon adjustment nuts to slighly close the bottom gap, resulting in a bit less tightening needed at the top. A broader washer should make tightening a bit simpler.

I hope Your hanger problem gets resolved.

Comment

HI BIgger,
        I am having exactly the same problem as Simba, with the top bolt slipping out as I tighten the Hanger, I have had the hanger for a month and have adjusted to it, hanging decent weight comfortably after working out all the nuances of the device. However, just as I am attaining success (1/4' already) this problem of the bolt slipping has me stumbled. At the beginning of tightening the bolt is in place but as I tighten it creeps out a little bit every turn, trying to push back in does not work. I have taken a quick snap to illustrate the problem ( not my hanging technique but it shows the problem well). I am in the Uk so any suggestions on home repairs would be appreciated as I want to minimise any loss in hang time. The site will not let me attach the image as it too large and I cannot resize, will e-mail to you.

Thanks,

Massbull

Comment

Massbull,

>I have taken a quick snap to illustrate the problem ( not my hanging technique but it shows the problem well). I am in the Uk so any suggestions on home repairs would be appreciated as I want to minimise any loss in hang time. The site will not let me attach the image as it too large and I cannot resize, will e-mail to you.<

There are several things in that pic that do not look right. But the top bolt and washer are blocking the view of the right side washer seat. That is where the problem is. It appears the plastic is worn away, which makes me think you are not applying oil or Vaseline to the top bolt.

If the problem is the plastic being eaten away, and if you can send me a clear pic of the washer seat, I can send you a new set of parts. I just need the shipping costs.

Bigger

Comment

Working...
          X